Direct discount club / FRAUD

1 P.O. BOX 1316Great Falls, MT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-293-1155

THIS COMPANY HAS TAKEN MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT UNDER THREE NAMES AND PHONE NUMBERS. THE INITIAL SELL WAS A COUPON OF $60 FOR GAS. THE FIRST TIME THEY REMOVED MONEY WAS ON 10/20, THOSE WERE CHARGES UNDER $10. I CALLED THE SAME DAY AND DEMANDED THEY REMOVE ME OFF THERE LIST AND REVERSE THE CHARGES. THEY CLAIMED MY NAME WAS BEING REMOVED. THEN ON 10/29 THEY REMOVED $29.95. THIS THREW MY ACCOUNT OVER THE LIMIT AND I WAS CHARGED $25 FOR THAT.

I DID CALL MY BANK AND ASK IF THEY CAN PUT A STOP PAYMENT ON THESE CHARGES. THEY STATED THAT BECAUSE THE CHARGE WAS A "POINT OF SERVICE CHARGE" IT COULD NOT BE STOPPED. I WOULD HAVE TO CLOSE OUT MY ACCOUNT AND REOPEN ANOTHER ONE. WHAT A HASSLE!!

MY HUSBAND FELL FOR THE CREDIT CARD DEAL WHERE YOU CAN ONLY SHOP FROM THEIR PICKED OVER WEB SITE. IT TOOK ME OVER A YEAR TO GET MY MONEY BACK ON THAT. ONE OF THE REASONS I DID GET MY MONEY BACK IS THE FACT THAT I REPORTED THEY TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. I FEEL THAT IS THE ONLY REASON I GOT THE MONEY BACK. SO MAYBE THAT IS WHAT ALL OF US SHOULD DO. I FEEL THAT THESE COMPANIES WHO DO THIS SHOULD BE CHARGED UNDER SOME BUSINESS LAW. POSSIBABLY REGESTERING THE PRESIDENTS, AND UNDERLINGS AND MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM TO RESISTER AGAIN. THAT'S JUST A THOUGHT!

WELL GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. I AM GEARING UP FOR ANOTHER LONG BATTLE. WHAT DOES HELP IS WHEN YOU TALK TO CUSTOMER SERVICE ASK WHO THE PRESIDENT IS. THEN CALL BACK MAKING IT SEEM LIKE YOU ARE A BUSINESS PERSON WANTING TO START UP A NEW BUSINESS. THEN HIS SECRETARY WILL PUT THE CALL THROUGH...ALL YOU CAN DO IS TRY, ...JILL

Ji

Comments

• Li
      9th of Jul, 2008

Please cancel my husband's account, its no help 888-293-6090

• Qu
      17th of Nov, 2008

I ordered something from this company, with the understanding i could cancel at anytime. Their phone number goes unanswered, and their web sight is inop.

• Ri
      23rd of Nov, 2008

Same thing happened to me, exept they didn't take me off the list and have continued to charge me. What I don't understand is how they got my credit card number, because I never gave it to them. Makes me mad, and I never got the gas card either.

• Am
      1st of Dec, 2008

im freaking out i am a single mother and cannot find a way to cancel the smart shopper account im gonna have to cancel my bankk account to keep these unhonest people out of it

• Da
      7th of Mar, 2009
    Direct discount club - DIRECT DISCOUNT CLUB
    DIRECT DISCOUNT CLUB
    Oregon

unauthorized charge for 29.95 same day another charge discount travel for 29.85 for total 59.80 someone's going to credit my account right?

• Sw
      19th of Apr, 2009
    Direct discount club - Something I never ordered
    SWB
    Kansas

I have recceived 2 charges on my debit card for 29.85 each for something i never ordered or from a website i never heard of.