Direct Data Center Inc. / Sending out fake Invoices &SCAM&

1 1312 Ste-Catherine St. West, Suite 400Montreal, Qu├ębec, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-876-4279

2 Days after dealing with Datasource 411 and there business directory scam we received a 2nd invoice from this Direct Data Center Inc. company.

Take a look at the 2 sites, see if you can see the similarities. Flip back and fourth, it's amazing. lol
Yet they claim they're not affliated in any way or degree.

Anyways dealt with Datasource, complaints filed with both the better business bureau, & the competition bureau.
Will be doing the same with this new one.

Phoned them back, exact same scam. They try to tell you that you legally accepted a "Verbal" contract by accepting there invoice. Yup, you heard it right. WHAT ???

Here is what they do, and did to us.

They called our store, one of our reps answered the phone they asked her to confirm our mailing address for an invioce they'd be sending out.
Our rep confirmed our mailing address, end of call.

Week later, you get a bill in the mail for $750+ from a company you've never even heard of.
Call was made, they played back the voice recording of an address confirmation and said "That is a legal binding verbal contract to accept our invoice". There basically saying now if we don't pay we will be subject to interest and possible legal action.

There is no sense in fighting with these people, they deal with this stuff all day and everything you say to them they try to turn it around as though your doing something wrong yourself.

Intimitadation is there tactic. There like a company in reverse... They take collections actions on you before they provide the service. Outrageous...

There legally stealing money, by targeting businesses instead of seniors. And because they have a store/web front there walking the fine thin line between black and white.
Scam outfit has migrated to Canada from the USA from the sounds of it and everything I've read over the last 3 hours.

Again a scam outfit, don't pay. Contact the canadian competition bureau, or the http://www.ftc.gov/ if you've been contacted by this company yourself. Hang up, don't pay.
There legal binding contract is of no value, would be laughed at in the courts.

Beware...

Comments

• Le
      14th of Jul, 2009

Thank you Norm for your posting regarding direct data pages. They have done the same thing to me. I've gotten many phone calls of the same nature and polited denied their services. Yes, I do realized there are many scam phone calls regarding online advertising, but unfortunately, my manager wasn't aware and fell for their scam. I am right now completely steamed - they said they will call me back with the voice recording. I am taking your advice on not paying them. But I do want to contact the Canadian Competition Bureau to find out what is going on and how we can put them down so they would stop this dirty work of theirs.

• Ap
      11th of Jul, 2015

Same scenario here from ONLINE BUSINESS PUBLICATION in Montreal, QC. False invoice for $850.78. According to the HST# used on the invoice the registered company is SERVICES DIRECT 411 INC.

• Ka
      6th of Aug, 2015

I received this same invoice in the mail yesterday..same amount..$850.78..? WOW.. I am a small business just trying to be honest and make a living..
    There was a Big Red flag with not having a Website or a contact number.. I have to admit for a second I thought maybe I agreed over the phone for something...NOT... I find these days I have a monthly scam thrown my way...I didn't even respond to the email they left...Scammers? Don't pay them or contact them in any way.. Keep the reporting coming...

• Wi
      22nd of Oct, 2015

I have been working here at the same company in Alberta for the last 16yrs. I regularly get calls from Directry311 DirectPages... What ever! Also invoices in the mail stating final invoice blah blah blah. They will call to confirm with someone the address info etc.and call it a verbal contract. Sometimes they dig into their old files and ask for a former employee who left over 8yr ago. As soon as I here this I tell them "Don't go there" and I tell them many have tried and they all failed to get a penny from me, so get yourself a real honest job. They say they will charge interest, penalties, sick collections, lawyers after us. I say bring it on, dogs and I are waiting for you. Don't worry, they never come and can't touch you. Just have some fun and see if you can get them to hang on the line while you find the (give fake name so you know who's calling next time) chief financial officer. See how long they will hold till they hang up. I am waiting for the next scammer to call to see if I can make them swear at me! We need to all do this to make their lives miserable so they will all quit. Latest one is from DirectPages411 PO Box 463 Montreal, QC H2Y 3H3 Rep Cathy Davis. Please call Cathy so I can talk dirty to you! Hehe. If they charges me interest and penalties, my invoice should be over $5000 but they are only asking $749.99 How nice of them not to keep track of my "over due account???" you chicken poop! Pardon my FRENCH. Hope you get a laugh out of them like I did :-)

30th of Oct, 2015

We just got the same one. Directpages411, PO Box 463 Montreal, QC H2Y 3H3 Rep Cathy Davis. Same price. Scam.

• Ki
      24th of Jun, 2016

I got an invoice from DirectPages411 for $836.19. We never heard of them. I am the owner of the company so I should know... and this is not the first time my company got fake invoices from advertising companies threatening to sue or send it to collections. I hope that the general public is made aware of this scam so they do not fall victim to it.