Direct Commerce Academy / Fraud

I thought I was ONLY going to be charged $2.95 to view the program, as it stated on its website . A month later, I received my paypal statement of a charge of $139.95 from DCA, I called them and they told me that there was a 5 day trial period clearly started on the electronic info I read and signed and I said I do not remember seeing anything like that. In fact, I remember I saw that there is a 5 day trail if you bought the program. Since I was not interested in it, I didn't pursue further. I called DCA right after I received my paypal statement, when I called the first time, a man said he could refund $70.00 to me, I said it is not acceptable since I have never made the charge. He said sorry, that was all they could do. I called back the second time, a woman answered and said she could refund $40.00. I asked to speak to the supervisor, a woman named Rei said she could only refund $40.00 if I am agree to her terms and condition. I refused to compromise as I have never authorized the charge of $139.95 to begin with. I immediately called Paypal, and file a dispute with the charge, it would be a lengthy process, but I want this scam heard. I am going to file every complaint I could against this fraudent company and tell everyone I knew about this. We should not let this company reap off people any further.

Al

Comments

• De
      Sep 11, 2010

FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD Signed up for this for 2.95. All I needed to get started posting links online and being paid accordingly. I even paid additional 29.95 for they call it VIP. Follow 5 steps and get started right ! Before you complete 5 steps you have to purchase a website and so much other crap. I finally called to cancel and get my money back and they said nonrefundable. That is how they make there money. By the way NO ONE SPEAKS ENGLISH ! HOW DO PEOPLE GET AWAY WITH SCREWING PEOPLE FOR A LIVING!

Sep 11, 2010

We are delighted to welcome you to the Direct Commerce Academy. Your instant access to online success and wealth begins today!

Be sure to pay close attention to the 5-Steps Startup program as these are critical to your success. After you go through the 5-Steps Startup program, you can either jump straight into posting links online and earning commission (many of our customers found this to be one of the easier and more simple ways of making money online) or go through our advanced training course and become a real expert on the entire online money making process.

To access your member services simply log in at http://www.thedirectcommerceacademy.com.

THIS WAS A COPY OF THE EMAIL I RECEIVED FROM THEM WHEN PAYING 2.95 WHAT A JOKE !

• Ba
      Oct 04, 2010

I just went thru the same thing. I was offered the 70.00 and I did take take because I was desparate. When the girl gave me confirmation number the last letter was a 'F' in which she so nicely said it stood for 'FREAK' and then so nicely hung up. I called back and talk to a supervisor named Brook and she sounded sincerely astounded the other girl actually said this but now that I see all these complaints then I am guessing it was all for show also.

• Be
      Oct 17, 2010

They did exactly the same thing to me ! first they charged me 1.97. then when i just checked my statement, it showed they did an additional charge of 1.00. then yesterday i saw that they had charged me 139.95! when i called the number that came up with the charge, it was a dead number! after doing more research on my online banking, i found another number that came up with the 1.97 and 1.00 charge. i called every number on there. the one that worked for me was [protected] and i spoke to someone named Alex (didn't give me a last name). finally when i talked to the guy and informed him that i never authorized the charge, he talked to his supervisor, gave me refund confirmation and said i would be receiving my refund in 5-7 business days. Don't trust this company!!!

• Te
      Oct 21, 2010

I signed up for a work at home business with Direct Commerce Academy for $2.97. The terms and conditions stated that I would be charged an immediate fee of $2.97 and that I would receive a packet in the mail. Five days later they charged my card $138.97. I called the customer service number and was treated very rudely and was lied to. I asked to speak to a supervisor at least 20 times and they refused to allow me to speak to a supervisor. The first guy I spoke with, Jared basically called me stupid and lied to me. When I asked him to speak with a supervisor he told me that he was the supervisor and that there wasn't anyone above him and that I wasn't getting my money back. I hung up and called right back and spoke with Keith, who told me there was nothing he could do because there was a 5 day trial period after which I would be charged $138.97 and that it was clearly stated in the terms and conditions. This is not true, that was not stated in the terms and conditions. He told me that I would not believe that amount of calls they receive from people with the same complaint. I told him that is because the fee is not stated in the terms and conditions and replied by saying that people just don't read. When I asked to speak with his supervisor he told me that she was busy and there was nothing they could do. When I told them that I was going to file complaints with the BBB and the state Attorney General they just laughed and said go ahead. I'm going to go ahead alright. DO NOT sign up with this so called company.

• Sp
      Oct 25, 2010

When I read the comments above I wondered why didn't I research before giving my CC info. After all, this is nothing new. I proceeded to call the number "BeeAyy" posted above, and when someone answered, they didn't speak, so I said "Hello", then they immediately hung up the phone. I then immediately called my Bank and canceled my CC and requested a new one. Now when they attempt to charge, they will find it's not billable. I'm sick a tired of these fake ### SCAMS. The next person I will post something to will be the woman who states she makes 5 thousand Dollars a month. She's probably the wife of the founder of the Scam.

• Ra
      Nov 01, 2010

SCAM..SCAM...These people have no heart...earning money from people who work hard for a living...and they entice people to get into this scam...MONKEY business! i can't even now breath for being so upset with me having a victim of the biggest fraud in my life. As you all guys, I was supposedly to be charged $2.97 but they turn around to charged me now with $140+. I spoke with a name Joe and was told that it is not refundable. How can I be charged when I have not even set up a website? THE BIGGEST FRAUD OF ALL AGES FOR ME I WOULD SAY!! iWISH WE ALL CAN DO SOMETHING AGAINST THESE PEOPLE FOR RIPPING US OFF OUR HARD EARNED MONEY...

• Cw
      Nov 03, 2010

I signed up for this as well, it seemed liked such a legitimate business...WHAT A JOKE!! They gave me a username and sign in ID which did not work, so I googled them to find out they are a HUGE FRAUD!!! When I called to cancel (mainly because I found out they charge you $139.95 after 3 days) They told me they would cancel my order since I was in my trial period, but would not refund my $2.97. I told her I just placed the order about 5 min prior to me canceling it and I haven't even accessed it because the username and password they gave me were inccorect!! She said soryy, but we do not give refunds even if the mistake was thiers!! What a load of crap!!!

• Ju
      Nov 04, 2010

The website I signed up for said that you could work at home and that they would give you $1000.00 to get you started. I paid the $2.97. As soon as the payment was in, another site came up as Direct Commerce Academy and when I saw the 139.95 I logged out of the website. I even tried to cancel the account before I logged out but couldn't. It kept taking me to the website. About a week later I went into my bank account to check some things and I saw that 139.95 was on hold. I call the number and the lady Chris told me that they would refund my money in 7-10 days and she gave me a tracking number. I also called the bank and they would not put a stop on the payment. I was told that I had to let it go through and then try to get it back. Well, it has been over 30 days and I have not received my refund. I called and talked to Jerald who was not a nice person and he told me that this company was not going to give me my money back and that they had the right to refuse. He gave me a fax number, but it could be bogus, I don;t know.I did not sign up to go to school. It was suppose to be a part time job working from home. I saw the commercial on tv. I am going to call an attorney because this has got to stop. Times are hard and I work to hard for my money to let people take it and then talk. I never agreed to pay them 139.97, only the $2.97 and then they took another $1.12 out of my account. All I want is my money back. I don't think it is asking too much. They easily took it, they can easily give it back.

Nov 06, 2010

Consider reporting Direct Commerce Academy to Better Business Bureau?

Nov 06, 2010

Direct Commerce Academy appears to be misleading. The information is communicated in a way that if you pay $2.97, you can make money without experiencing hassles and paying extra monies, which is a lot as you experience the steps. Once you begin the 5 step process, you quickly discover that you have been tricked and you are in over your head with continuous cost after cost before you can instantly make money. What if you are in a poor state such as me where you have very little money or no money, this type of action from a business could sink you lower.

Just a few minutes ago, I called Direct Commerce Academy to cancel the free trial because I found their company to false advertise in my opinion. In the beginning, their communication do not explain that you will have to pay more than $2.97, which it should because you do have to pay more and more and more monies and I am not sure if you will get the results. The first impression for me is that I cannot trust Direct Commerce Academy because they do not give adequate information upfront that will help you to make an informed decision. It appears that this company baits you and I do not do business with people that I cannot trust. If you are not 100% honest in the beginning, it appears to be an implication that you will not be honest during the process. When I saw that woman from my hometown making money and I thought about how broke I am I fell for the bait but I quickly woke up when they were asking for more money and more money.

I do not recommend doing business with Direct Commerce Academy. Instead I recommended that all people report them to Better Business Bureau so that representatives can investigate the company and if found to be guilty, maybe the business will be discontinued. SPREAD THIS INFO AROUND TO THE WORLD SO OTHER PEOPLE CAN BE MORE CAREFUL THAN WE DID.

When I called to cancel the trial, Bernie said that he will cancel my membership and expect to see the cancellation in my email between 24 or 34 hours. I am not sure because I kept saying 24 or 34 and I never could get a clear answer. I asked him for his last name and he said they are not allowed to give their last name so he said his professional number is 0330. I asked for the name of the owner and he said they are not allowed to give the owner's name. I asked him what was his role and he said Customer Service. I asked him to explain the hierarchy and he got quiet. I asked him if he had a supervisor and he said yes. I asked him for the next level of hierarchy and he said the supervisor is the highest level. I do not know about you but something smells mighty suspicious to me! I asked for the name and he said Evan. I asked to speak to Evan and he said he was unavailable and on another call. I asked if I could hold for him and he said yes and put me on hold for a few minutes then came back to the phone and said that Evan was busy helping a customer and I said I will hold. He told me again that Evan was helping with another customor and decided to say that I will refund your $2.97 when he could have said that in the beginning when I first asked for the $2.97 as well because I felt that their company was false advertising. He told me to expect the $2.97 between 7-10 days. During the process I asked if they had another supervisor that I could speak to and he said they only have one supervisor and that is Evan. What do you think about this world?

Question: When I saw their information online, they showed a woman from my city as being very successful. I am wondering, when you guys looked at their site, did they show a customer being successful from your hometown? If so, I wondered if this is a way to make you feel like you can be successful with their company as well?

I do not know what is going on with this company but I am very suspicious and do not trust them. I believe that legitimate businesses do not mind giving you the hierarchy and owners' name and location to report complaints because they desire continuous growth. Well, I did not get this treatment. When you question businesses' intergrity, report to Better Business Bureau to investigate and get a resolution. Let us band together to stop scams and misleading businesses.

Bernie told me that they are not going to charge me for anything and have not charged me for anything. I will watch them very closely because I do not trust them and hate that I experienced them. I was trying to just find a way to make an honest living at home because I am in need for survival. I am vulnerable and need some income to survive - honest income is what I need. I am a great and skillful person who is able to multitask. I was hoping to make at least $10, 000 per month. I am an open-minded person.

Help!!!

Nov 06, 2010

Oh! Another lesson that I learned. Before attempting to do business with a company, research them online. Had I looked online to see what other people were saying about Direct Commerce Academy, I would have been slow to do business with them. I recalled being very sad that day because I could not find a job and saw the work at home opportunity. I read their info then read what the woman said from my hometown and saw that it did not cost much only $2.97 and went for it! I got excited! I envisioned my making at least $10, 000 per month. I borrowed the money from someone to pay for this opportunity to find that $2.97 was no where to the end of paying more money to make money. Each step required more money and more money and more money and more money. Do you get my drift?

Research...research...research. Let us band together to stop dishonest businesses and promote businesses that want to give us a chance. I choose not to be on welfare, etc. I choose to work hard to earn money since I am able.

I need a legititmate work at home career. It does not have to be work at home. It can be a job period. I am qualified. I am educated. Paid a lot of money for my education and have no job. What a mess! Yet government tells our children if you get a good education you will get a good job. Please! Too much politics and nepotism in the way!

Do your research. I learned the hard way and I am hoping that Direct Commerce Academy do not charge me anything extra and refund me. I will be watching!!! I urge you not to learn the hard way.

Help me to find a job. I am loving, intelligent, smart, educated, versatile, hardworking, skillful, caring, creative, talented, technology savvy, inventive, and a great leader who stand on moral principles even if I stand alone.

Help! I am for the people!

• Vi
      Nov 10, 2010

This is a scam...big time. I was charged 2.97, then called to cancel the acct spoke with someone and she said she canceled it, then I called back to make sure and spoke with Maria, she said she would cancel it so apparently it wasn't canceled by the first person...I also got a email from Capo with a phone number, they are the billing company that works with Direct Commerce Academy...I called them and Jess said she didn't know why Maria told me to call since they are sitting next to each other. SCAM!! Don't do it! I went on the BBB site and there are a lot of complaints. I told them if they charged my acct with any additional charges I was going to press charges. The second number on Capo is disconnect! Let the buyer beware, if it sounds too good to be true, it is!!

Nov 14, 2010

I really did disagree with who ever got my $2.95 off my debit card told me i have won a labtop comptuer and i haven't recieve anything from yoll i don't think that is right if i have won something seem like to me yoll should have sent it out i haven't recieve my gift card are nothing it have been over 7 to 10 days i would like to know whats the problem is i want my gift are my money back on my card my account number is DCA.123 thank you all so much

Nov 14, 2010

Hi i am pamela davis i was told to put some money on my debit card to recieve my $200.00 wal-mart gift card evertime i call and ask about my gift they tell me it take 7 to 10 busniess days my days is up i would like to what is the problem is they is why people dont like dealing with people on the comupter i won a labtop i have got it yet

• Da
      Nov 22, 2010

Signed up for extra income and all they wanted was more money to do anything. Then it said if not satisfied within 30 days would get a full refund now they will not give a full refund and just want your money not making money on this at all. When called the number to talk to someone they hung up on me DONT DO IT. ITS A SCAM THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY.

• Sp

Eharbor
    North Research Way
    Bldg K Suite 1100
    Orem, Utah 84097
    Direct Commerce Academy AKA Marketecture AKA Eharbor AKA Submit Solution is involved in ripping people off and laughing all the way to the bank... Here is a blog their employees have made that make fun of all the people they have stolen from. I cant believe it, it makes me sick.
    They make fun of Funny Cancelation Emails and Threatening Emails people send in, all these people want is their money back after being scammed
    Look for your self!!
    The sell ecommerce websites, seo, ppc, and social media from what their website says. They are also known as Eharbor, Real Estate Promoter, Direct Home Find, and Direct Commerce Academy.