Direct Commerce AcademyUnauthorized charge

I signed up for Direct Commerce Academy under the belief that I would only be charged $2.97 shipping and handling as offered on their website. Later I found out that I was also charged $139.95. As soon as I found out my credit card was charged, I called the 800 number listed on my credit card statement, I spoke with someone named Drew, I guess he doesn't have a last name, since he refused to tell me his...I asked him to cancel whatever service they were offering and he said I would receive an email confirming the cancellation, which I did, but I have not received a credit for the $139.95...This is a big rip off!!!

Comments

• Mc
      Sep 04, 2010

I had the same thing happen. They said if you read the small print under the terms and agreements you agree to allow them to take out the $139.95 if you don' t cancel within 5 days. SO! It is NOT $2.95 to start up, it is that plus the $139.95. Again, this is in TINY print and not easily found...my bank is disputing the claim...But this company CANNOT be trusted and is not legit.

Sep 07, 2010

PEOPLE … THIS IS A SCAM … DO NOT ACCEPT ANY TERMS AND DO NOT GIVE YOUR DEBIT CARD OR BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION OUT. YOU WILL NEVER RECEIVED A CONFIRMATION EMAIL, YOU WILL NEVER RECEIVE ANY LINKS TO ANYTHING, IF YOU CALL THE CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER THEY WILL GIVE YOU A RUN AROUND AND NO RELATIVE INFORMATION LIKE A PHONE NUMBER FOR THE COMPANY OR ADDRESS FOR THE COMPANY AND CLAIM THEY ARE A THIRD PARTY HIRED CUSTOMER SERVICE. ADDITIONALLY AFTER THEY GET YOUR DEBIT CARD INFORMATION, THEY WILL NOT ONLY CHARGE YOU $2.97 US DOLLARS, BUT A WEEK OR TWO LATER DEBIT YOUR ACCOUNT CARD FOR $139.95. IF YOU CALL AND STATE THIS IS AN UNAUTHORIZED DEBIT, THEY SAY THEY WILL CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNT $40.00 TO $70.00 AND SEND YOU A CONFIRMATION EMAIL. THAT NEVER HAPPENS, AND THEY WILL CONTINUE TO CHARGE YOUR ACCOUNT $39.95 PER MONTH. THE ONLY SOLUTION AT THIS POINT IS TO CLAIM YOUR DEBIT CARD STOLEN AND GET A NEW ONE. IF YOU GAVE YOU BANKING INFOMATION, ACCOUNT NUMBER AND ROUTING NUMBER, CLOSE THAT ACCOUNT ASAP AND OPEN A NEW ACCOUNT. THIS IS WHAT THEY HAVE DONE AND BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME YOU SCREW UP AND GET DUPPED BY BAD PEOPLE LIKE THIS AGAIN.

JOE TODD

PS, HAS ANYONE GOTTEN ANYTHING FROM DCA? OR MADE A REAL SUCCESS STORY FROM IT, I DON’T THINK SO.

• Bi
      Sep 11, 2010

We saw the $ 2.97 charge against our Credit card. The video says we were supposed to get a username and password in an Email.. We never got that! or anything else.

It has been 6 days since that event, but it is Saturday so there are no postings (yet) to our account.

We were holding the "pitch" video so we could evaluate the offer, and are just now getting to that. We have had 2 follow up calls from this company BUT we haven't signed anything. Maybe we got lucky? We don't know yet if we have a problem. We will try to have this company blocked from applying any charges to our account. Hopefully we can follow up and post our results.

• Do
      Sep 14, 2010

These people charged my 139.95 without My knowing I did'nt even know anthing about them until I saw the charge to my debit card.I called and tried talking to them about this and they claim that all the information was correct wich meant I had signed up .I did not .I cancelled my debit card so that future charges cannot be made .I just can't figure out how they have all my information when I know I did not give it to them.They absolutly refuse to give any refund!

Sep 15, 2010

An absolute total scam. The company is ### and I have exactly the same story as the previous complaints.

• Aa
      Sep 30, 2010

I AGREE THIS ALSO HAPPENED TO ME, THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY WOULD CREDIT MY ACCOUNT 70.00 DOLLARS, HAVENT SEEN IT YET, I DID CANCEL MY DEBIT CARD AND THEY WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS IT TO IT ANYMORE, NEVER AGAIN WHAT A SCAM...

JMC

• As
      Sep 30, 2010

I just paid the $2.97 S&H and turned around and canceled as soon as I read this page. I am so ashamed of myself for falling scam again. Yes I fell for the acai berry weight loss scam. I honestly cant believe I did this. If you have any gut feeling that this or anything else may be a scam then DON'T DO IT!!! I had that gut feeling and did it anyways. When you cancel, be very cautious and listen to their wording because they do try to trip you up. It is very sad that there are people out there that still take advantage of people. Its a dog eat dog world for sure.

• Br
      Oct 02, 2010

I canceled as soon as I read this page and am like "Ashamed mom", very ashamed that I fell for this. I managed to get it canceled by stubborness. KEEP CALLING THEM !! One says you have to wait 5-7 hours before your account is created while another tells you an hour. I kept calling them and in the end she told me she cancelled it and I got a conformation code. I am dreading looking at my credit card statement to come. I cant believe I am this stupid. I know better.

Oct 20, 2010

Number of Employees:
    Phone Number:
    Fax Number:
    BBB Accreditation: This business is not a BBB Accredited Business
    BBB rates this scam company with a "F"

Oct 20, 2010

I just filed a complaint with the Attorney General's office of California...address of Direct Commerce Academy is in my post just above. I would suggest that all of you do the same!!

• St
      Oct 26, 2010

Direct Commerce Academy scam

aka Home Income Profit System (Work from home scam)

Promoted by:

La Costa, CA [protected]
    USA
    Phone: [protected]
    Email: [protected]@fluxads.com

Proof: http://odigger.com/offer/Flux-Ads/Home-Income-Profit-System-Affiliate-Program.php

Victim of the Direct Commerce Academy scam?

File complaints with the FTC at:

Also with the Attorney General of your state.

• Tr
      Oct 28, 2010

I was told the exact same thing, a trial charge of $2.97 for information about their company. It is in their terms an conditions that they will charge your account a one time fee of $138.67 and $58.91 per month for the duration of your membership. They charged my account two times for the $2.97 and I never saw the other charge until it was already withdrawn from my account. I too feel stupid for being scammed by these people. I just wanted to make a little extra money working from home. The advertisement that hooked me was about a woman in the city I live that had lost her job and started making extra income at home.

Never again! I'm still fighting with my bank about these charges.

Good luck to everyone else they've stolen from.

Oct 28, 2010

I was charged the $139.95 and right after that, they proceeded to charge me a payment of $39.99. I was really mad- totally PISSED. I called and canceled the account and I have not yet received the e-mail confirmation. I may take further precautions and cancel my debit (or even my bank account). The customer support guy didn't tell me his name or anything. It was just, " Why are you calling today?" and I told him that I was calling to cancel my account and he told me that they were going to charge me another $39.99 and that would be all. UHHH... NO. This is a total scam. I'm deeply thinking about calling them to credit both those unexpected charges to my account because they were falsely advertising.

• Ki
      Nov 04, 2010

I JUST DID THE SAME THING LAST NIGHT! READ ALL THE POSTS TODAY, CALLED TO CANCEL, SPOKE WITH MELANIE WHO HAS NO LAST NAME. SHE SAID SHE COULD NOT GIVE OUT THAT INFORMATION! SO I ASKED FOR HER SUPERVISORS NAME AND SHE SAYS I CAN'T GIVE YOU THAT INFORMATION EITHER UNLESS YOU SPEAK WITH THEM PERSONALLY AND THEY GIVE IT TO YOU!!! OK WELL LET ME SPEAK WITH YOUR SUPERVISOR, SHE SAYS "NOT AVAILABLE. I ONLY JUST SIGNED UP LAST NIGHT SO MAYBE THEY WILL NOT STEAL $139.00 FROM MY ACCOUNT!!!

• Kr
      Nov 16, 2010

I THINK IT IS NOT THE WRONG OF THIS COMPANY IF YOU GUYS WER'E CHARGED... FIRST OF ALL IF YOU WILL SEE THEIR WEBSITE THEY FOLLOW THE RULES TO PUT THE TERMS ANYWHERE ON THEIR SITE AND WHEN YOU SEE THE NEXT PAGE YOU WILL NOTICE A CLEAR PRINT ABOUT THE CHARGES AFTER 5 DAYS IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE OR NOT... LET'S NOT BLAME OTHERS WHILE WE SHOULD BE DISGUSTED WITH OURSELVES IF WE ARE TOO TIRED TO READ.. SHAME ON YOU GUYS!!!

• Pa
      Nov 28, 2010

I used my NetSpend card (which had a total balance of $9.00) to purchase the $2.97 plan. Now the card has $6.03. Needless to say, the site failed to recognize my username and password but, wtf. I rarely ever use this card. Wont they be surprised! If I need to pay a bill over the phone or online I just put the money on the card and spend it within the hour to keep a minimal balance. Yeah, I got beat for $2.97, what a pathetic scam - but I'd still like to get 10 minutes in a room with any of these pathetic cowards!

• De
      Dec 10, 2010

This bull---and for the one who said it is our fault for not reading the tiny fine print that I never saw you are crazy.. This people are ripping everyone off and when you call you get the run around big time. Melanie is who I talked to after I first talked to a very rude gentleman who hung up on me. I agreed to the $2.97 charge to look at this page and when I read that it would cost what was stated at $39.95 a month I said no way and went no further with it.. I never watched a video or anything. Then they charged $68.71 which is supposed to be a monthly charge. I said for what? I have done nothing with this. Talked to a supervisor who surprise has no boss above her..yeah right. Then she said they do not handle these things and they do not call people back. Bull--I will call a lawyer. And again to the one that wrote it was our fault you probably work for them. dks1957