Direct Choice/Great Choice / Fraud/Misrepresentation

Consumer Direct Warranty Service
Redding Calif
Phone: 8 00-209-3755
In summer of 2008 I purchased an extended warranty package from Consumer Direct through what appears to be their "front" marketing company, Vehicle Services Inc. At that time, V.S.I. Claimed I was buying a "bumper-to-bumper" warranty, simalar to a new car warranty. Later, Consumer Direct informed me that this was not the case, and that it was only an extended powertrain warranty, regardless of what V.S.I. had told me, and if I had a problem with that, then I had to address it to V.S.I.
The first claim I filed, in January of '09, was denied after C.D.W.S. took four days of stalling and passing the buck and giving me and my mechanic one different story after another. My mechanic does (front) drive axle jobs like this all the time, and made it very clear to me and C.D.W.S. that this was a "cut-and-dried" classic case of pinion and side-carrier bearing failure. C.D.W.S. stated that the problem was due to simple wear and tear, and therefore was not covered. They were willing, through V.S.I., to sell me a warranty (for $1.800.00) even though my '98 Grand Cherokee had over 140, 000 miles on it, but now will not honor their warranty for what would be the most likely reason that just about ANYTHING on a car with this many miles would fail due to!!!
All they had to say was basically 'Didn't you read the fine print...?' and acted completely oblivious and unconcerned that both they and V.S.I. had completely and totally misrepresented their product. These companies appear, by anyone's estimate, to be nothing more that a classicly slick rip-off scheme, selling the hell out of their so-called "warranty" products, denying legit claims left and right, and smiling all the way to the bank!
Check out the vast number of complaints all over the 'net, and see just how truly criminal these people "seem". Above all else, AVOID V.S.I. AND CONSUMER DIRECT WARRANTY SERVICE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! Your money will be MUCH better spent in Las Vegas, and your odds of success will be better! (Ripped-off in L.A.)

N  23rd of Nov, 2009 by
The sorry ---------!!!
I have been the best paying s-u-c-k-e-r around!!!

Paid on time - never had a claim. Now- with a
water pumb out -so simple - they want pay because
it did not crack in an accident - or some idol reponse-
I was passed from one person to the next. This company
is poison- FRAUD- CHEAP- FRAUDS!!
A  28th of Jun, 2011 by
I did get my claim paid after using there own word and telling them I wanted in writing that there were denying my claim for wear and tear, but I'm a master mechanic and paralegal . call legal aid and get a statement from a mechanic and submit it to :

Customer Service Supervisor