Dining Room Super Store / Are they out of business

I ordered from DRS almost a year ago - May 12, 2008. My experience sounds the same as the others: many scheduled delivery dates, no return phone calls, extended back orders, promises, promises, promises, but no furniture!!! From Jan. 08 - March 08 they had 94 complaints to the MI BBB.

I have now received word from the SC Consumer Affairs agency that they are "out of business" (the only response we ever received from them to any of 5 consumer agencies about my claim). SCCA included a list of many creditors to which they owe mega bucks, saying that there are no funds to repay their debts.

I'm having trouble believing they will stay out of business as their biggest supposed creditor is their own brick and mortar business in Niles, MI. - Jay's Furniture. They have disappeared from the web, but I'm asking everyone else who was taken by Jay Atchinson/DRS to watch the web for another business which should pop up any day now.

They are located in Niles, MI, Elwell, MI, and assorted other addresses in MI, and the Owner and CEO's were Jay Atchinson and Jayson Atchinson.

I also suggest that you go back to your CC company and give them this new info (Check with the Western Michigan BBB under DRS or Jay's Furniture) and it will show the "out of business" info. Also, if anyone is with Angie's List in their area of Michigan, file a complaint there please!!!

The BBB has sent their files on DRS to the Michigan Atty. General, so file a claim there also. There may be some final recourse. Class action, anyone?

Va

Comments

15th of May, 2008

All consumers have been either given a refund or provide with information on how to get there money back. Dining Room Super Store, was a different company than Jay’s Furniture Barn, they were renting space in the same building and purchasing some inventory from them to fill orders. I was not the owner of this company and was doing by best to follow the policies set forth by the owner. I deeply regret any hassles or loss caused Dining Room Super Store. Dining Room Super Store is no longer in business, I truly believed in the business and thought it had a chance to be very successful, however with the down turn in housing and rapidly rising transportation costs the owner was put in a very difficult position and forced to close.

Jayson Atchinson

2nd of Sep, 2008

Here is the letter that all pending customer should have recieved from our attorney. I am paying these refunds out of my own pocket as fast as I can while still suporting my family. The letter is below.

March 25, 2008

To Whom It May Concern:

The nationwide downturn in the housing market has made it impossible for DiningRoom Super Store, L.L.C. to meet its obligations. For your information, a complete printout of the company creditors and the amounts due each is enclosed herewith. DiningRoom Super Store, L.L.C. has no further assets and no further means to service any of this debt. The company has terminated its business and filed a Certificate of Dissolution with the State of Michigan.

If you are due a refund from DiningRoom Super Store LLC. We suggest you contact the issuing bank of your credit card that purchase was made with. If your card company is unable to issue your refund, please e-mail a copy of our order along with the type of card that was used, (not the card #), to the address listed below. We will do everything in our power to refund your monies as soon as possible.

We deeply regret this unhappy turn of events

Jayson Atchinson