Dillards / mistreating employees

TX, United States Review updated:

I have worked at Dillards for around 6 months. I was hired in as a Beauty Consultant for cosmetics. My starting pay was $9 hr for the first 30 days and then after that it went to average cosmetics pay, $10 hr. When they gave me my new name badge it said Counter Manager and I asked why and they said "Oh no one else at the counter is qualified and the other person working was transferring stores". So I went along with it. I was never given a job description or was told my duties for CM. I slowly starting realizing it was alot of work but I didnt complain. After about a month someone else was hired into my counter. I learned she was making the same as me and the other associate at the counter made more. I also learned there is supposed to be a $1.50 hr raise for my posostion.
I'm constantly yelled at for my girls at my counter not making sale, ext. Well i said something to one of the girls and she asked my manager if she had to listen and my ASM told her "No she doesnt hire nor fire" after she had told me to get on them.
Also, our timeclock was messed up one day and it wouldnt let me clock in so i did a time entry form, well they lost it and i didnt notice my time till about 2 weeks later and i called payroll and they said you waited to long you cant be paid now. And i lost a days pay over it. This is just the begining of all the things i could complain about. They treat there employees horrible and push and push and never are positive about anything. if sales are slow then just be ready for the mistreating. You cant help if there are no customers.

Cc

Comments

Sep 07, 2012

Dillards here did the same thing to me. I lost a full day of pay that was holiday pay because my manager "forgot" to key in the time. When I noticed my paycheck was smaller than expected and called payroll they told me it was too late to change the information and I couldn't be payed for the day I worked. Dillards is nickeling and diming the employees! I can't wait to find another job!

Sep 07, 2012

Another thing they do is promise $750 for catching another employee stealing...well they owe me 1500 by this point and that was 6 m0nths ago. From here on out I say I will look the other way and you can take as much as you want. Diillards sucks and makes you feel defeated and worn out. I give up

• Ho
      Sep 18, 2012

Dillards in Norfolk is a disgrace.The Dillards should come to this store and see for themselves how their store is being operated by their unprofessional managers, and associates that do nothing but delegate work to the employees that are new.There is so much shady and underhanded, coniving manipulating, bulling, crazy managers and associates that come to work for the sole purpose of making other associates who work their butts of miserable. These managers are not capable of operating a store let alone the associates that come their to work. They are intimidated by these bullies that they hire. It is like a prison in there and the inmates have taken over. It is so disfunctional and the good employees are miserable. There very unhappy and wish they could leave. Customers are so unhappy about customer service because half the time they feel forced to spend and open credit cards. They need be exposed, all these complaints are because their is something to this!!!