Dillards In Killeen Tx Mall / False Information from Associate-ADRIA

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I went into the Dillards store today and as i was getting ready to check out, ADRIA who was assisting me started to tell me about the "rewards" card that they have and asked if i wanted to sign up for it. I asked her is this if this was a credit card or not and also asked her for flyer for me to read some information. She told me this is a REWARDS card and also she told me she was out of flyers and she assured me that i was just signing up for a rewards card. I signed up for the card and afew minutes later after she was done entering the information in the system. She handed me a flyer which clearly showed that i will be receving a credit card in the mail. I asked her to cancel this and she said she cannot, i went to see the manager who said he will cancel this application. I dont know if it will happen but i am waiting to hear from the manager after he calls and cancels this application.

ADRIA did not inform me that i may be receiving a credit card, i only filled out basic information, name, addy and tel# ...i did not think it was a credit card application. she REPEATEDLY told me this was NOT a credit card and she acted like she absolutely did not care that i wanted this application cancelled after i found out it was a credit card that i will be receiving. she also said she DID NOT KNOW it was a credit card. She was very unprofessional, unwilling to help and will NEVER have her assist me again and will let anyone know NOT to trust her or what she says. Funny thing is other Dillards asssociates heard her tell me it was a rewards card and did nothing until i went to the manager and one lady was kind enough to say she heard ADRIA tell me it was NOT a credit card, when infact it was a credit card application...

Tx

Comments

• Ga
      25th of Apr, 2009

In order for you to be approved for an account you would have to give your social..the only way you can get approved for a store credit card would be for them to do a credit check through the system. So you would have to given them your social..otherwise you wouldn't have been approved for a card. Just curious to if you gave that info out and if so you should have known you were applying for a card..you wouldn't give that info out for a rewards card.