Dillard's / employee in mens shoes

Cedar Hill, TX, United States Review updated:

I went to Dillards in Cedar Hill, Texas today, 12-23-17 to shop and had the worst experience ever. My husband and I went to the mens shoe department and looked at Polo boots. The salesman named Noel greeted us. We decided not to get the boots. After walking around the store before leaving we decided to go back and purchase the boots. We were greeted by a saleswoman named Latisha. While at the counter Noel was speaking with another customer. After his customer left, he turned to me and asked me how did I end up with her, referencing Latisha. I asked him what he meant? He said well we work on commission and she does this all the time. I informed Noel that she greeted me and answered my questions in regards to my purchase and completed the sale. He started going on and on about the commission and how she always does that. I informed Noel that I dont know either of them and that its very unprofessional for him to make those statements about his co-worker to me. He then stated well Ms. can I just ask you if it is a cultural thing? Referencing because I am black and Latisha is black and that is why I completed the sale with her. I turned to Latisha and informed her that I would like to speak with the manager. At this time my husband is at the counter as well. While I am speaking with Latisha in regards to contacting the manager, Noel interrupts and states with an attitude that he will call the manager. I informed him that I am not speaking to him and to please not to address me again. He then behind to say something to me again. My husband then informed him that I was not speaking to him and not to say anything else to me. At that time Noel remained quite. The manager Dee Scott came and my husband and I informed him of what happened. While we are speaking to him Noel came and stood to the side and begins to rudely interrupt. Mr. Scott instructed him to remain quite and asked him to go to the back until he speaks with him. Noel began to talk back to him and Mr. Scott had to tell him more then twice to go to the back before he finally did. Mr. Scott apologized and states that he would handle it. I informed Mr. Scott that I did not appreciate the unprofessional manner in how I was treated and addressed by the employee. I am most definitely upset and devastated by the racial comment Noel made to me. I am requesting an immediate and complete investigation from your company into this matter. I am also requesting an immediate response by 12-29-17 from your company in receipt of this complaint.

• Updated by LaTonya Price, Dec 24, 2017

Of course you have the right to your opinion. I don't think anyone deserves to be spoken to our treated rudely no matter what the situation is. Most definitely I did not deserve the racial comment. If you think that way then maybe your the one who should be educated.

La
Dec 24, 2017

Comments

• Sh
      Dec 24, 2017

Unfortunately LaTonya, you put yourself in this situation. It doesn't take a great deal of education to know one should return to the sales associate they started with.