Dillards Department Store (Middletown, Oh) / They had never been worn!

1 United States

I recently visited the Dillards in our town to do some shopping. I bought my daughter a pair of shoes, however she was not with me when I bought them, and unfortunately they did not fit. When I went to return them, the sales clerk was very rude, and told me I could not return them because they had been worn. THEY HAD NEVER BEEN WORN!!!! They did not fit my daughter, therefore she could not wear them. After I insisted they had not been worn, she called another rude sales clerk, actually I later found out she was some sort of manager, who told me the same thing. I could not believe it! I then proceeded to walk away, and they began purposely talking very loudly about me so that I could hear them. I decided to visit customer service to inform them of the incidence. The lady there said that she could not understand why these two ladies would not return the shoes, when it was obvious to her that they had not been worn. She did in fact return them and apologize.

This was not the first time that I have had problems at this Dillards however. This past February, I made a return, once again in the shoe dept., and could not believe how rudely I was treated! The lady that had sold me the shoes, and the girl who was returning them for me were blatently having a conversation right in front of me about which one of them had sold me the shoes and was going to lose the sale/comission, or whatever it is they get out of making a sale. It was very intimidating and uncomfortable for me. In fact when I had originally bought the shoes two girls kept secretly approaching me telling me to say their name and not the other's when I checked out so that they could get credit for it. Talk about uncomfortable! Then when I checked out they were fighting about who would get the credit right in front of me, and tried to get me involved. No thanks!

Gi