Dillard's / scam and cheating

1 Colorado Springs, CO, United States Review updated:

Oh boy, I have a lot to say about Dillard's, I don't even know if I will get it all on here. Where do I start? I work for a Dillard's in Colorado (I will not indicate which one however). The management is terrible! A lot of us call our store manager 'Hitler.' He is a miserable old man that wants to make everyone else miserable too.

And the assistant store manager... she is an upidy little b**ch that looks down on anyone who is not like her. They expect all of their employees to dress extremely nice, but they don't want to pay us enough to buy their clothes. Some of us have bills to pay. Don't get me wrong, they pay isn't as terrible as minimum wage, but we deserve a little more for what we are put through.

All the managers have NO problem putting their employees down and humiliating them in front of customers by telling them what they did wrong. Example: I was in a particular area, and was unable to do a particular thing. I apologized to the customer and another associate helped them. The assistant store manager told me right in front of them 'You don't tell the customer you cant do something!' Um...HELLO! Tell me that, but not in front of customers.

My personal manager: Her employees hate her. I don't think she has a single employee that would be sad if she choked on a piece of candy. She is under some false impression that she has a good management style. LOL! Too funny. She yells at her employees, treats them like crap, puts them down, tries to make them feel stupid if they don't do something perfectly or if they don't know how to do something.

I have even had customers say 'she is kind of a b**ch huh?' Um...YEA!!! And she just cant let go of things. If you piss her off ONE TIME, even if you apologize because you honestly didn't mean to upset her, she will hold it against you. She sure as hell has done it with me. We are all contemplating finding other jobs and just quitting, leaving her screwed.

Dillard's does not believe their employees are honest. Example: There was an issue with a customer. A mis-communication between stores. A co-worker of mine called customer service to have a manager paged. It was nearing the end of the night and we were all tired. She accidentally asked for our department.

She realized her mistake and we laughed about it. Big oops. A manager came and the disgruntled customer was like 'they were both laughing at me...bla bla bla.' When my co-worker tried to tell her what happened, she just yelled at her. Our managers are the most terrible group of people on the face of this earth.

Back to my manager. She will follow us around, and watch us. I think she does this for most of her shift. And if you try to talk to her about it, she will either yell at you or send you home. She is a terrible person, and an even worse manager...but she doesn't want to face that. She thinks she is never wrong and doesn't realize how much her employees hate her.

I think we need to put Dillard's either out of business, or in the hole. It is a terrible company, and the store that I work at has to have the worst management team. If you have any further questions for me, please feel free to ask. I would be happy to answer anything.

Ru

Comments

• Va
      27th of Oct, 2008

All the managers have NO problem putting their employees down and humiliating them in front of customers by telling them what they did wrong. Example: I was in a particular area, and was unable to do a particular thing. I apologized to the customer and another associate helped them. The assistant store manager told me right in front of them 'You dont tell the customer you cant do something!' Um... HELLO! Tell me that, but not in front of customers.

I have even had customers say 'she is kind of a b**ch huh?' Um... YEA!!! And she just cant let go of things. If you piss her off ONE TIME, even if you apologize because you honestly didn't mean to upset her, she will hold it against you. She sure as hell has done it with me. We are all contemplating finding other jobs and just quitting, leaving her screwed.

She realized her mistake and we laughed about it. Big oops. A manager came and the disgruntled customer was like 'they were both laughing at me... bla bla bla.' When my co-worker tried to tell her what happened, she just yelled at her. Our managers are the most terrible group of people on the face of this earth.

I read one of the reports, saying that its 'hitler-style' management. That is so true. The only employees that get treated like humans, are the major suck ups and prissies. I will be writing the local papers about this issue. But I will probably give more detail. Of course consumers want to know how their favorite department store treats their employees. Just like, a lot of people wont buy stuff made in china because of the slave-like sweat factories.

• Su
      20th of Nov, 2009

I will comment about all of the bloggers here with regards to the mistreatment of employees. As a former customer of Dillards (several states, i.e.Arizona, Florida and Texas I will never shop there again. I used to love shopping there, but in the last few years, it became apparent that the managements attititude had changed. Unless you came in dressed to the nines, they trained their employees to totally ignore you. Just an F.Y.I., they are not the only store that is like that. I have shopped in several other stores, and if I see an employee being mistreated, I will never shop there again. Perhaps that is the reason so many of their locations are being closed? I prefer to shop online so I no longer have to deal with snotty management!!! Good luck to all of the retailers during the upcoming Christmas season and to all spend your money at an establishment that treats their employees and customers with respect ( if you can find one!!!)