Dillards / lack of customer service in credit dept

Long time customer, great credit. They use to charge for online payments so I would go into store for instant credit on acct. Since I travel for my job I wasn't able to go into store. Mailed it instead! What a mistake, mailed in plenty of time. Where is the payment? Called to explain, inadequate operator # [protected] could only offer apologies. Wouldn't waive the "Late Fee" tried to speak to manager. Half hour later, "Gee, they must of gotten disconnected" Call back another time was her solution. This is a Saturday, busiest retail day of the week, middle of the day and no one to speak to. Well, they don't care about their customers, going to the store and making final payment and will close the acct at the same time. Very sad they don't care. Operator said they don't charge now for online payments, well checked it out so long ago, got into the habit of dropping payment off, and was an excuse to see what was new in the store. Well Dillards, don't worry now, take my "preferred customer VIP" status and put it where the sun don't shine.

Ju

Comments

• Ga
      16th of May, 2008

I agree Dillards is a gigantic rip-off. This company does not care about the customers anymore than they do the employees. When I worked there a while ago they stated in an interview that they follow unethical practices in order to maximize on their profits. If I were you I would consider shopping online somewhere else like Macys or Kohls where they hire employees based off of their experience and mainly not the color of their skin. Dillards discriminates in so many ways that it is unbelievable. Lets pull together as consumers and stop shopping in a place that does not adhere to our needs. The clothes that they sell can be found at any other retailer and for much cheaper. The customer service at this store is horrible. Dillards sucks pass the word onto your friends.