We have requested to discontinue our Digitel phone accounts due to poor line service (disruption, static noises, no dial tone for weeks) and poor handling of customer complaints.
We have relayed our intention to discontinue service thru our local Digitel Office in Bicol after November 2012. The phone service was disconnected (no more tone/calling service) but the monthly SOA continued to be sent. We were advised to wait for the adjustment billing since Digitel is in transition due to the acquisition by PLDT. We were informed of the same predicament each time we went to Digitel after every monthly billing being sent. Around April 2013, the Digitel office closed and we were redirected to SUN Cellular Office.
We went to the SUN Office, we were also advised the same thing - to wait for the adjustment reflecting the discontinuance since our request from December 2012. We were informed that they were experiencing major technical problems due to unserviceable old network and billing adjustment problems due to the migration of Digitel accounts to PLDT. We were asked to wait again and again and again. This was almost six months ago.
When we still received the Digitel-August 2013 SOA, we decided to go directly and express our complaint to Digitel. Due to no access to a PLDT line or any form of landline (we were dedicated Digitel clients), we tried the following ways to contact Digitel as relayed in their website and Digitel - "What's New"-TALK TO US section. Here’s where a host of other problems caused us alarm as a consumer, these are the results:
1) WEBSITE www.digitel.ph/talktous NOT FOUND - The page just showed this: Not Found - The requested URL /content/view/38/46/ was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
2) DIGITEL-HOMEPAGE-SUPPORT SECTION-CUSTOMER SERVICE HOTLINE DOES NOT SEND - We tried sending our complaint letter 5x and 5x the following window message appears: “The page at lec.digitel.ph says: System error/No mailing list and/or Autoresponder found.
3) EMAIL customerservice@email@example.com DOES NOT ACCEPT EMAIL SENT – We sent our complaint and an email was sent saying this: “This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients failed customerService@digitel.ph
4) SENDING “DG REG” TO MOBILE 0922-9991200 (for other networks) NO RESPONSE/REPLY - We tried to register by sending said text to the number indicated for other networks and still got no response until now. We tried calling that number it just blink out on us - no ringing no nothing.
5) 177 (migrated to PLDT) NO PLDT IN OUR AREAS
6) DIGITEL LANDLINE - BUSINESS CENTERS - CLOSED
7) SUN SHOP IN OUR AREA INCAPABLE OF ANSWERING BILLING COMPLAINT
In Digitel’s SOA, it says there: “Please examine your SOA for any errors. If no error is reported to Digitel Hotline 1200 within 45 days from statement date, the SOA will be considered conclusively correct and final.”
The danger is that they are legally binding all Digitel customers to this obligation and yet the prescribed ways to contact them to report errors or complaints are NON-EXISTENT, A CHARADE. All those seven instances to supposedly “contact Digitel” repeatedly showcase “bad faith” towards their obligation to the ordinary consumer, a company which PLDT have acquired since October 2011.
We believe in PLDT. As much as we want to migrate our plan, it is not available for Bicol, yet. In the meantime, we would like to see how PLDT handle these problems and extend the promise they made, as follows:
“In October 2011, PLDT acquired Digitel from JG Summit holdings, vowing to continue providing Digitel’s customers best value in terms of price, quality, and range of products and services. PLDT's acquisition of Digitel ensured that Digitel remains in good hands, as Digitel stands to benefit from PLDT’s extensive infrastructure and diverse service offerings.” (see http://www.suncellular.com.ph/about_us.php)
Please look into these matters. We are not alone (see https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/digitel-c174452.html)
in our predicament. We believe in PLDT's promise and are awaiting your immediate action on our complaint.