Digitel / scam, false advertisement

1 Philippines Review updated:

I inquire to a digitel business center here in Taytay, they have this promo Ads Bida it clearly stated there that you need only four requirement Proof of Biling, valid ID, 500 installation fee and one month deposit. So I apply and fill up a form in front of their employee who guide me, she ask me question about the location where I want the telephone to be installed, I tolded her its rented and were using it for business and thats it, we presume we did okay since their requirement are simple, the next day a certain supervisor and an employee visited us in the shop, an onsite visit after looking around they ask for the requirements a proof of billing and two valid ID all photo copied now a problem occur since the meralco bill is still in the original Tenant's name, the supervisor ask me to acquire a barangay clearance so I can use the bill statement for the requirement, then he ask me for the payment, since he has a receipt as he stated. where glad since he ask for payment we presume that we met their requirements and we only lack a barangay clearance which I have acquired and have submitted to them. So we did pay and was promised a telephone after two to three days, the next day an employee of digitel call, now his doing a CI he tod me I'm lacking a TIN since my place is a business which did not came up on two events, inquiry and application and on the onsite visit. I told the employee that no one have told me that I need a TIN to apply and it's not on their advertisement. I ask him why telling me this now after I have paid, I thought we already passed and was already promised an installation, after that I text the one who done the onsight and reply he look into it. After a day he text me demand to bring the barangay clearance to their office so that the phone can be installed the following day, we did, but days pass by with no phone, then a lady call from digitel, now we lack two contact person and ask us to settle the meralco bill which we did and supply them with two contact person, but still of no lack still no phone. I finally decided to call them up and check for the status, they said they have not receive the requirements. So I personally bring the requirement to them ask them once and for all what other requirement I'm still lacking, the TIN came up again after all those waiting, and submitting, I told the lady that I'm talking to why did they not ask me for the TIN when I'm inquiring, when they done <textarea name="text" id="text" id="txtarea">I inquire to a digitel business center here in Taytay, they have this promo Ads Bida it clearly stated there that you need only four requirement Proof of Biling, valid ID, 500 installation fee and one month deposit. So I apply and fill up a form in front of their employee who guide me, she ask me question about the location where I want the telephone to be installed, I tolded her its rented and were using it for business and thats it, we presume we did okay since their requirement are simple, the next day a certain supervisor and an employee visited us in the shop, an onsite visit after looking around they ask for the requirements a proof of billing and two valid ID all photo copied now a problem occur since the meralco bill is still in the original Tenant's name, the supervisor ask me to acquire a barangay clearance so I can use the bill statement for the requirement, then he ask me for the payment, since he has a receipt as he stated. where glad since he ask for payment we presume that we met their requirements and we only lack a barangay clearance which I have acquired and have submitted to them. So we did pay and was promised a telephone after two to three days, the next day an employee of digitel call, now his doing a CI he tod me I'm lacking a TIN since my place is a business which did not came up on two events, inquiry and application and on the onsite visit. I told the employee that no one have told me that I need a TIN to apply and it's not on their advertisement. I ask him why telling me this now after I have paid, I thought we already passed and was already promised an installation, after that I text the one who done the onsight and reply he look into it. After a day he text me demand to bring the barangay clearance to their office so that the phone can be installed the following day, we did, but days pass by with no phone, then a lady call from digitel, now we lack two contact person and ask us to settle the meralco bill which we did and supply them with two contact person, but still of no lack still no phone. I finally decided to call them up and check for the status, they said they have not receive the requirements. So I personally bring the requirement to them ask them once and for all what other requirement I'm still lacking, the TIN came up again after all those waiting, and submitting, I told the lady that I'm talking to why did they not ask me for the TIN when I'm inquiring, when they done the onsight . Why not ask for the full requirement before asking for payment and why it is not stated in their advertisement. She only answer, it is not in her hand someothers have decline my application, and its company policy so they can do that. So I give up, It will took me time to acquire a TIN since ny business is not that big and still coping, I ask the lady can I have my money back since they are not going to provide me with a phone, she answered yes, but it will took at least a month before i can have a refund, i ask her why she answered they are going to process my check, it took them only a second to have my money and took me several agoning days of compliance for nothing not to mentioned the expenses, now they are still going to torture me while I wait for my check. Something smell fishy. Will they pay for my money's interest, now I know why they demand for payment right away!

Comments

• 4r
      7th of Jun, 2009

Yes this is true, my plan is 1800 dapat 1.5 mb sabi ng agent ng magpa-install ako pero ngayon recorded sa digitel scam office 1 mb lang laging lugi ko sa digitel scam. ito ang masakit 256 kbps lang palagi ang default setting ng modem ko scam talaga sila. dito me sa Gen. Trias, Cavite, kung gusto ninyong makita ang default speed sa modem ito ang ip ng modem 192.168.1.1 makikita ninyo dito sa ang maximum speed ng internet connection ninyo.

1st of Feb, 2010

Actually same incident happened to me as in same story...Nakakaloka nga yang digitel e! Di ko din maintindihan yung policy nla pag dating s application. Ang dami daming hinihingi pero nung una 3 lng na requirements ang hininhi s akin...later on ang dami n nilang idinadagdag. Pag-tumawag k s CS nla tatanungin mo, wla din nman maisagot. lagi n lang sinasabi gagawa sila ng report, araw- araw biruin mo tumatawag ako tapos araw araw din sila gumagawa ng report? tpos tatanungin ka nila " Is that all your concern Mam"..di b nakakainis? di namn nla nasagot yung una mong concern tpos tatanungin ka nila kung may corncern p?...BULOK talaga yang Digitel...wlang kwenta!