digitaltechmart.com / Slow shipping

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

On December 16, I found MacBook Pro for my son on digitaltechmart.com. It was a very good price and the website guaranteed free shipping on orders over $75 and Christmas delivery if you ordered by December 18. I purchased the item and received an email receipt stating that I would receive the guitar by December 25. I ordered other items from other websites the same day and received all of them by the following Monday, December 22. On Dec. 19, I received an email stating that my package was ready for shipping and it said standard shipping. I didn't think too much about it because all the notices I had received from them guaranteed Christmas delivery. I started getting nervous on December 23 and on December 24. I called customer service and they assured me my package was shipped on time and that it would arrive by Christmas. I knew I was going to have to tell my son that he wasn't going to be getting his Christmas gift from us on time. He has wanted MacBook for 2 years, and he would have been so surprised and happy. I had really been looking forward to seeing him open the gift and cannot begin to say how disappointed I was not to have received the gift. Finally I've got the package on 26th.

Ja

Comments

• Sc
      2nd of Feb, 2009

scam company...avoid! If you read the above complaint its written in pidgeon english and mentions receiving a parcel on December 26th!!! Not exactly plausible when you think about it. (feedback designed to make digitaltechmart.com seem like a genuine company

3rd of Feb, 2009

Scam---buster, Did you order from digitaltechmart.com? how can I contact you? please e-mail me your phone ( rfletcher13@gmail.com ). I ordered an iPhone a few days ago and I'm concerned about this after reading your message.

3rd of Feb, 2009

So they where a day late. Your son isn't going to hate you for life for that.

3rd of Feb, 2009

It it is kind of odd how the item went from a Mac notebook to a guitar. "On December 16, I found MacBook Pro for my son on digitaltechmart.com. It was a very good price and the website guaranteed free shipping on orders over $75 and Christmas delivery if you ordered by December 18. I purchased the item and received an email receipt stating that I would receive the guitar by December 25"

4th of Feb, 2009

just received DHL tracking # from them, iPhone is on the way to me. good

• Se
      8th of Feb, 2009

Please note to anyone else out there reading this who still thinks there is a hope that this company are legit that ROSEMARIE only signed up on the 3rd, a few days after digital tech mart appeared, and 'she' is the only person anywhere to have rec'd confirmation - i completely agree with scam---buster that the feedback, including and especially the negative stuff, is designed to make them look more legit. just look at yahoo answers or any other site like this and you will see the questions and the answers are all in the same broken english and not one person has registered their account more than a week ago. ROSEMARIE is undoubtably just another scammer helping to make it all look more legit!

10th of Feb, 2009

Just got my iPhone. So I'm here to remove my claim. Sean, you touch me on the raw. I was looking for additional info about this comany and found this page. I see that you are registered here on Feb 8th, I'm pretty sure you never ordered from them. All you put here is pure lie. I checked yahoo and other forums and found reputable members with 2-3 year registration, who odered and received goods. digitaltechmart.com seems to be a pain in your ###. Dare to to talk to me personally? Send me your phone# and stop talking behind my back.

Still waiting for Scam---buster's response.

• So
      12th of Feb, 2009

I myself ordered a panasonic viera lcd tv from them on the 02/02/2009 and have not had any shipping number or response from them since! When i log into the site and check my order the status is still at awaiting payment?? I will keep you updated to what outcome i get but after reading this page i dont hold out much hope :o(

On a separate note i'm actually due to holiday in cyprus in june so shall pay a visit to Limassol if i get ripped off to pay them a visit!!

19th of Feb, 2009

did you take a look at the company addres on the site?

at this address in cyprus is an internet cafe.

* Bonus Internet Cafe
    o 28 October Street
    o Limassol, Limassol 3035
    o Phone #:0035799170721

• At
      19th of Feb, 2009

Fake company. have not received my order. have bought 2 iphones. dont buy from this website. even customer sevice is not responding.

25th of Feb, 2009

I ordered a laptop off them, paid for it and have now found out it's a fraudulent company. Who can I complain to about in order to get my money back as bank or UK police seem very unhelpful???

• Au
      26th of Feb, 2009

This was my first purchase with digitaltechmart and i was very satisfied with the service.

26th of Feb, 2009

Why don't you stop your black PR! We've been doing business with digital techmart for several years now and always get my bulk orders with no problem at all. Feels like rivals are jealous about someone offering VAT free shopping and slashing down prices to the benefit of customers. Rumors started only after the company moved to retails and appeared on tv, google and msn. Somebody tried to get us down same way last year. Google displayed many negative reviews from non-existent customers. Well, we survived though there was quite a painful cut in sales. You'd better stop playing dirty games and start thinking how to keep your prices low.

26th of Feb, 2009

at this address in Cyprus is Lophitis Business Center. Very beautiful place!

26th of Feb, 2009

Their office is located on 4-th floor. Visit them directly!

think about that:

the shop has no SSL encryption! -> INSECURE!
    the reviews on the site (84 at this moment) were often written by the same "customers" (just go through the reviews)

and "Bethany Galletly" who bought an iPhone wrote:

"I AM VERY HAPPY WITH EVERYTHING AND WILL DEFINATELY BUY ON LINE FROM ESTEE LAUDER AGAIN. THANK YOU."

what? where did he buy from? -- just copy and paste from other site? exactly the same review is on this site:

and in this comment the word "DEFINATELY" is also misspelled like the one on digitaltechmart .. HMMMMMM

think with your brain and don't be greedy!

26th of Feb, 2009

and that is not the only one and faked review!

just search for the text in the reviews in google! put them in quotes ( " " )

like the one from "Phoebe Jones" who bought more than once!

ARGH!

• Be
      26th of Feb, 2009

I don't know what to think about all these online electronics sellers. I have been researching them all for a few weeks now. Reading reviews, checking prices. I finally decided on the a Samsung LN46A650 or maybe the LN40A650 ... lol... guess I'm not completely decided. For a week or two I was set on the Sony XBR6 either 40" or 46", now I'm back on the Samsung. (as if I even need a TV as good as either of these) The more I research and learn everything about the new high tech TVs, the higher the price goes on what I want. ( I should quit while I'm behind...lol )
    Now I have to pick an online company to buy it from. I was thinking Valley Seek but then I read all the bad reviews and freaked! Now I see Valley Seek on here telling their story and think maybe they got a bad rap from non exsistant customers. I have even been calling some stores to see how they treat me if I ask a bunch of silly questions. If I need customer service I don't want to have a problem later. Can anyone tell me who is a good one and sends USA products, no gray market or knockoffs? How's Adorama and Butterfly Photo? If I was sure that everything would go alright with Valley Seek I would go with them.

Also I have read some complaints that Samsungs stop working after a short time. Is that really true? and what about the Sony? I have always had Sony's but not a new one for a very long time.

Please help if you can. Thanks, Confused Beverly

26th of Feb, 2009

Beverly .. cant't help you with the TV decision .. but let the fingers from digitaltechmart .. you will see nothing for your money!

26th of Feb, 2009

Here are some e-mails from and to Digitaltechmart that illustrate how they justify asking for direct bank transfer and a rebuttal proposal which - as yet - they have not answered:

We accept PayPal, Credit Cards from returning customers only.

We apologize for inconvenience, but no exceptions.

Credit card transactions aren't protected, since we can't do billing address check on foreign customers. Advanced card verification system
    will be available in 1-3 months and we will be able to accept credit cards from all customers.

Your first order can be paid by bank transfer. To make payment please visit your local bank branch or use your online banking. Wire transfer,
    done bank-to-bank, is considered the safest international payment method. Both account holders must have a proven identity, and there is
    possibility of a chargeback. We provide 14 day refund - no questions asked. In the unlikely event that you are not 100% satisfied with your
    purchase you can return it to us via the post in its original condition and we will give you a full refund. This applies only to online purchases.

You will be able to pay by PayPal and Credit Cards after your first order is successfully processed.

For full details check out our returns and refunds area of the Shipping & Returns information section.
    King regards,
    DIGITALTechMart Sales Team
    sales@digitaltechmart.com
    Int.: +44-208-1443144

So I put the following to their logic:

OK so if you are legitimate and the reason you give is honest - do you have a small sales item for say €2 that a 1st time purchaser can buy and thereby you can verify without much risk to the customer???