DigitalsignOrchard Pte Ltd / Cheated retail store on Orchard Street

Singapore Review updated:
To watch F1 Night Race in Singapore, we bought a binocular : NIKON 8x40 CF Action at SQD 500 from Digital@Orchard retail shop on Orchard Street near Center Point. The seller said he gave us the very good price.

At the airport, we found that NIKON 7x35 and 7x50 CF Action was sold only SQD 100-150 at Duty Free shop. We realized that we were cheated, we got the unfair price, the seller sold us 3 times higher than the real price. We also found that the selling price of NIKON 8x40 CF is USD 100 or SQD 140-150. We sent email to the seller but no response then we filed our case to Singapore Travel Board (STB). We're waiting for their attempt to assist.

This is not the first time, we got this kind of experience. On our first visit to Singapore 15 years ago, we were cheated by buying an expensive Panasonic VDO Camera recorder. Time passed, we believed that Singapore was developed and had strong laws & regulation. But nothing changes. Retail shops were so bad and unrealiable. Singapore is not good place for shopping as promoted.

Comments

Pe
  9th of Oct, 2008
Strongly agree w you. Singapore retail shops are unrealiable and always charged over price. They cheated.
Cl
  14th of Oct, 2008
Singapore Tourism Board (STB) has resolved this case very efficiently by coordinating with this shop. They will send their refund to us. Thanks a million.
Mo
  2nd of Feb, 2010
This shop Cheated me yesterday, After I choose a Sony camera and we agree about the price 410 Singapore $ and after I paid by VISA card he asked me question, he said is this camera for you or it is a gift for a friend and I told him it is for me, then he said that this camera is not good and he convinced me with another one and he take more 50 $ and he gave me Panasonic camera and later i discovered that the Panasonic camera price is 140 Singapore $.
I called the Singapore Tourism Board and they advice me to try to return it again to him. Once I told him that I need to return the camera and take the Sony one he shout and I told him that I called STB and then he try to give me another model of Sony and when I insist to take the one that I chose before he ask me to pay more 10 Singapore $, I paid and he gave me the one which is in the Showroom, I don't believe that this man and his son have the minimum of ethics, I upload the THIEF picture and also the Shop Picture in order to save others from got cheated by him and his impolite Son
his Address is Digital @ Orchard Pte Ltd, 150 Orchard Road, #01-50 Orchard Plaza Singapore

I Upload the Picture of Singapore Thief, the funny thing is this picture toked by his Son not me when we try the camera at the first time put the Shop picture I toked it from the Bus in order to Know the address and publish this complain.