Digitaloutlets.net / false advertising

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SELLER!! This is one of those online retailers that are closed Friday afternoon and Saturday. They offer prices lower than anyone else but don’t have the item in stock. They will take your order and not tell you that the item is backordered and has been for weeks or months. If you call they will try to string you along saying that it will be in next week or try and sell you something else. Weeks later they will send you an email saying that unfortunately they ran out of stock just before your order was about to be shipped when in fact they didn’t have the item in stock for weeks before they received your order. The bottom line is it’s not a great deal if you don’t receive the item.

Go
Dec 4, 2014

Comments

• Ro
      8th of Dec, 2014
    Digitaloutlets.net - False Advertising-Bait and Switch Methods
    DigitalOutlets.net
    Phone: 310-929-4039
    digitaloutlets.net

They use bait and switch selling techniques. You will be offered a great price for a product online. Once you place that order you will have to call to confirm your identity. They will then tell you that you ordered something different then what you specifically ordered and try to upsale you on the order.

• Tx
      6th of May, 2015

Just happened to me today, so I started researching the company cuz they seemed fishy & have now seen where this is what they do.

• Ra
      20th of Aug, 2015

I just called the company rep name scott ...after order for d5 mark III ..I received an email asking to call them...Funny boy Scott telling me that the imported camera is a an Japanese language version and impossible to change the language option and asked me why only this model in Japanese ..Funny Scott I am a professional in my photo field since my teen ... this Digital outlet is a total scam be careful its a NY based bogus scammer ..readers watch out this is a real thief online ...

• Gr
      2nd of Sep, 2015

“What and AWFUL experience I have had with this company ( I use that word loosely because they should not even be in business as far as I am concerned) I ordered a new lens for my Canon T5 the third week of July, I received an email Aug 10 saying I had to respond with a call to verify payment info or my lens would not get shipped, I then got a call the next day from a guy ( would not use gentleman cause he was ignorant) saying they needed the 3 #'s on the back of my card again cause they were having issues with pymnt (pymnt wen't through my acct July 26) I proceeded to say I was not comfortable with this and to just cancel my order. He got quite snotty with me and so I reiterated again to cancel it. He then got all nice trying to get me to change my mind and said if i just verified everything it would be shipped out and I would have it in 5 business days.
    It is now Aug 27 and I have still yet to receive this lens. I called on Aug 25 to see what the hold up was and he said "I see it was shipped Aug 1st but it looks like it is held up in customs" (refer to call on Aug 10th saying they won't ship until I verify paymnt info?!!?) Nothing adds up and I totally feel like this whole transaction was BS, asked to have tracking number so I could go online to see for myself where it actually was, was told he would make a call right away and get back to me with info...still no call.
    I have now called my bank, cancelled my card and put in a dispute for the charges ...and I better get them back sooner then later cause this is ridiculous!!
    Never again will I deal with this company and I will tell everyone I can how much of a scam it is! I will be sharing this review on as many sites as possible!!
    I have also submitted a complaint with the BBB

Update: I was forced to remove this review from other sites in order to get my money back from these crooks, I cannot believe I was threatened like that, no wonder bad reviews are few and far between because they threaten you if you write one before you get your refund...what a joke!! Well guess what, I got my money back and here is my review and every bit of it is the truth!!

3rd of Dec, 2015

MOST RIDICULOUS ONLINE RETAILER EVER ENCOUNTERED!!!
    I ordered an expensive lenses because it had the lowest price than anyone else. Guess what? One week later nothing ever shipped even though the order brought a shipping charge for shipping. Then I received an email letting me call back, and the person on the phone told me that the lenses with that price was for film camera only, and the one for digital camera was $800 more! He'll in the item decryption it NEVER mentioned that item was for film camera! The picture it used, also was the one copied from Canon site. When I told him I need it for digital camera, he let me either pay the high price, or pay for 10% cancellation. They never shipped the item, where did the 'restocking' come from???

• Ca
      14th of Jan, 2016

I ordered canon vixia hf g20 refurbished on 8/29/15 When i checked my order in november they told me it was back ordered i told them to cancel my order. I checked my bank statements in november, december he hasn't refund my back yet. They say in their term and conditions it takes 60 to 90 days to get a refund. He says he refunded my money on 11/19/15 and then changes it to 9/19/15. How could you refund my money in 9/19/15 when he didn't receive my till 9/3/15. I checked my bank statement he got his money 9/3/15 never has refunded so far. He tells he already refunded and hangs up contact credit section customer service or credit company. He's customer service, sales, billing section extensions

• De
      15th of Mar, 2016

Bait-and-switch strategy. Advertized Canon 70D at lower price. Got email week later to confirm order, but was told that specific model is a Japanese model (and the language on screen is in Japanese). Agent then convinced me to buy American version, and he will ship it immediately via UPS.

Three days later I called to complain that no delivery nor tracking number was received, and I wish to cancel. Person started yelling and cursing, using explicit language. Threatened me that I will pay the full restocking fee!

• Ba
      16th of May, 2016

I have the same situation. I ordered a camera and after three weeks, they told me it is in back order. I had to wait for another three weeks and...
    What should I have to do?
    How can I get back my money?

• El
      30th of May, 2016

I've heard and read numerous stories about these crooks. I almost bought, or should I say, tried to buy a Canon 5DMKIII from them a few years ago.
    It was $500 less than the legitimate stores. Fortunately, my voice of reason took over and I started reading the complaints against them. I think that anyone who actually buys from a company like this and does not do their homework, deserves what they get, which will be NOTHING. Suckers like these are what DigitalOutlets.com depend on, so don't be stupid. If it sounds too good to be true, most likely it is.

• Mi
      31st of May, 2016

go to www.ag.ny.gov complaint digital outlets and money back .tel#2124168433

• Da
      16th of Jul, 2016

I agree Pursue complaints with the NY Attorney General and also the California Attorney General