Digital Tech Gear, Inc. / Collected the money but didn't send the item

1 MI, United States Review updated:

My dear friends,

I am cheated by Digital Tech Gear, Inc. I gave an order for Sony 40" (Sony KDL-40V3000/US) and the company was not accepting credit cards. They told me to use GreenDot Money Pak (which we are getting from Walmart, CVS etc). As per their e-mail I have taken for $899.99 and sent the numbers. I appled on 21st of July 2008. So far I din't receive anything from them. I called GreenDot Money Pak and they told me that the money is taken from the card. They told me that they can't do anything. If anybody knows, tell me where should I give complaint against this company.

I was in a hurry to buy the product anf that's why I didn't enquire about the company. Please don't buy anything from this company. You will be cheated. They are not attending the phone calls or e-mails once they receive the money.

Go

Comments

• Ka
      10th of Aug, 2008

Total scam. I can't believe the site is still up. I think it's fairly new. The address belongs to a CPA firm who have called the police and the BBB. They are inundated with calls from folks who have placed orders with this fraudulent person.
    this person will never return a call, an email nor will they ever send a product.
    Green Dot said they will send me a refund because, for some reason, he/she didn't take the money off my card. I haven't received the refund as yet. Green Dot should be able to help you recover your money.
    Karen

15th of Aug, 2008

Same thing happened to me...sent money and no product sent - no phone calls answered-no messages returned. BBB has been contacted put has closed my case because the company did not respond to their inquiry. Go figure! My money has been taken from the Green Dot account. HOW do I go about trying to get it back? Whom do I contact?
    I just checked and site is still up and running and I am sure...scaming others!!!

• Pa
      22nd of Aug, 2008

File a complaint with Fair Trade Commision.

• Bo
      22nd of Aug, 2008

I feel robbed. Didgital Tech Gear never delivered and never answered my call. Wanted to purchase a TV also. Fortunately, after reading these comments, I called GreenDot and they said they would refund my money as it was unused. whew

• Da
      11th of Sep, 2008

If you have been scammed by digitaltechgear check out the site for techquestdeal and see if it is familiar. I never saw the digitaltechgear site, so I don't know. Techquestdeal.com also requires the GreenDot Money Pak payment if you do not have a JMB or Diner's Club card. After I started to order from techquestdeal...also a yahoo ecommerce store found through yahoo shopping in an effort to garner crediibility ...and they e-mailed me a "purchase order" directing me to get a Green Dot Money Pak for payment...the e-mail wasn't exactly well written. I decided to save my money and see if anyone else had reported them, but saw all of the scam notices for digitaltechgear and thought it sounded familiar.

• Da
      11th of Sep, 2008

This is an exact copy of the e-mail I received from Techquestdigital.com within seconds of trying to place an order:

This email is to confirm the receipt of your recent order from Yhst-93438688813549 How to make payment for your Order: Make payment for your order using GreenDot money transfer service. To make payment for your order you need to purchase a Green Dot MoneyPak at a retail location near you.(GreenDot is available at major retailers nationwide, including WalMart, CVS Pharmacy, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Longs Drugs, Kroger, Ralphs, Meijer and more) 1. Visit a GreenDot retail location near you. 2. Purchase a GreenDot MoneyPak in the prepaid section of the store for the exact amount of your order. (Example: If you purchase a Olympus SP-560 UZ, then you will buy a MoneyPak for $209.95) 3. After you have purchase the MoneyPak, reply to this email with the MoneyPak Number (found on the back of the packaging or receipt look for a set of numbers that start with the number 9) to make payment for you order. After we have receive your payment your order will be ship out the next Business day via UPS 3-5 days Free and you will receive email confirmation with UPS tracking number. Thank you for shopping with us! TechQuestDeal.com, customer care team! Important Note: Be sure to pick up the GreenDot MoneyPak for $4.95 and not the GreenDot Prepaid card for $9.95.

They claim to be based out of Austin, Texas not Michigan.

• Ra
      25th of Sep, 2008

Unfortunately, I just got scammed out of $200 for the exact same thing using the exact same method. GreenDot says the money was taken. I guess I have no recourse but to file a report.

20th of Oct, 2008

I feel bad that you all got scammed out of your money. Looks like Green dot would at least track the account of the person who is cashing in on those money pack cards. I mean if u keep getting the same complaints from different people you'd think they would close the account. I'm sorry but i don't make any payments for anything online unless i am paying by paypal. I had a problem like this one time after buying something off of ebay. I informed paypal and my money was refunded. 200 dollars is a lot of money to put on a card that isn't linked to u in any way. All the scammer would really have to do is say he purchased the card. There's really nothing you can do to prove it being that nothing is linked to you to purchasing the card other than the receipt. I guess this will be the new way of cheating people out of their money until green dot makes it harder to get these types of accounts open.

• Ce
      16th of Nov, 2008

Something similar happened to me today, gosh, I should've visited online to find out more information about this scam instead of going ahead and buying the "Visa Card".
    My 15 year old sister has been bugging me about wanting a debit/credit card, since she's really good with saving her allowance (unlike the boys), I thought this prepaid card would be a good idea for her to use. At the walgreen's register they suggested me putting $20 the least, I thought okay, my sister can enjoy that. The total was $29.95 because $9.95 was the "register activation". They also told me that I needed to call the number in order to receive the card. Once home I called, which the whole thing is automated. The only time I was able to speak with someone was at the very end of the "activation" for verification. The customer service rep said that everytime I need to reload money it will cost me $4.95 plus a monthly "maintanance" fee of $4.95 and that my current balance is $0.05 cents. I asked him how when I put $20 in. He said that to receive not one, but two cards it was $19.95. I argued about it because that price is not stated on the activation card nor walgreens adviced me about it. Some how the communication dropped and now that I keep trying to call and pressing the REFUND key, it says, CONGRATULATIONS, YOUR CARD HAS BEEN ACTIVATED, and the call ends. So in reality, there's noone to talk to or noone to complain to. I guess I'm going to have to wait until the cards arrive, inwhich I'm not going to use, but I want my $29.95 back. In the mean time I'm going to try to find a way to get my refund before that. If anyone has any suggestion please let me know.