Digital Graphics Resources / Want My Money Back!

1 GA, United States Review updated:

I am also a victim of Digitalgraphicsresources.com, operated by Legasse, Inc. I ordered two Wacom tablets on January 17 and had the same experience with Julia and Stefan. At four weeks after the order date, I called and canceled the order - was told it would be several days possibly a week for the refund. Nine days later the web site was down. No tablets and no refund.

I've done several things. In addition to contacting my credit card bank in writing, I've filed a complaint, with supporting documentation, with the Georgia Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs. I also sent a demand letter to David Legasse, Registered Agent of Legasse, Inc. (according to the Secretary of State's Corporations Division). The delivery company contacted me yesterday to say that the business is closed and nobody is at the address in Savannah. I called the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District, in Georgia on March 3. They did a search on their nationwide database and as of that date neither Legasse nor Legasse, Inc. had filed for bankruptcy. I'm going to look into filing a complaint with the FTC - good idea.

Ca

Comments

Ch
  1st of Apr, 2009

I also had this problem.

I placed my order on January 5th 2009 at Digital Graphics Resource website. My credit card was charged on January 5, 2009 and posted to my credit card on January 7, 2009. I waited until January 27 where I had to initiate a call to the customer service department at Digital Graphics Resource and ask to have my money refunded. I then waited until February 13th to dispute the charge to my credit card through my bank. I now see that DGR has closed.

My bank has issued a credit to my cc for the charge from DGR. They also mailed me a letter stating “if it is found later that I am responsible for the charges they will recharge my card”. It is difficult to tell if I am free and clear of this charge. I will have to wait and see.

I had also contacted Wacom several times after not receiving my tablet and questioned there continued endorsement of DGR on there website. If they had acted quickly to my concerns it may have saved others from the same stress and sadness I had experienced.

A few other points...

My salesperson was Kelly. She was rude and combative on the phone. I had asked several times to speak with anyone from the billing department and was refused.

The receptionist refused to give me the name of any manager. She said she would forward my request to speak with a manager but I never received a call back from a manager.

At one point I was so insistant that I receive an email about my refund that Calvin from the Mail and Shipping department sent me a confirmation about my refund request.

Wacom was well aware of my complaints starting from January 27th 2009 but kept the endorsement of DGR on their site.

The last phone call I made to DGR I spoke to Kelly. While I was making valid points about why I should be able to speak directly to the billing department so I can confirm that my refund is being processed Kelly spoke loudly over me. Then she hung up on me.

I really hope your bank is able to get you a refund. Good luck.

Chris

Do
  7th of Apr, 2009

We were not aware that DGR was having "issues" until we placed an order in January. I was told that the order was ship within the week. After not receiving a tracking number in a week, I called back and asked what was up. The reply was "since you placed your order on a Friday, it didn't get processed until Monday or Tuesday".

After many phone calls throughout January, I was finally able to go through a couple "Managers" and get a commitment on the shipping. I was also told I would receive shipping information.

A week later, the papers that I ordered arrived. Three days after that, I got an e-mail from DGR indicating what the tracking numbers would be!!!

Too bad that they closed up. I felt their pricing was good.

Don

Cr
  15th of Apr, 2009

I ordered from them, received my wacom tablet just fine, and then mid january, suddenly, sixteen hundred dollars (my max) came out of my bank acct attributed to a surprise DGR sale! I called to inquire, but got no answer & no return call. Two days later, the website and any trace of the company had vanished. Our company has an attorney looking for Mr Lagasse. Not that it's worth the $ to go after him, but out of principle, we are going to cost him big time when we find him.