Digital Expo / Order never sent, rude and unprofessional customer service!

There is another complaint logged against this company that describes how the company accepts internet orders, but then requires you to call to confirm the order with a sales person. I purchase MANY things via internet and this was the first time I was ever required to call to confirm. It was a huge inconvenience...I purchase online because I am busy during the day and do not have time to place calls during "normal business hours". When I called they did the same to me as the other customer complaining...a hard sell for various accessories that are priced much higher than the market value. The title of the other complaint was Bait & Switch. They sell the camcorder at the cheapest price on the web then hook you for outrageously priced accessories. I declined all offers for accessories because I had done my homework before calling and had already purchased all of them via EBay. I was leaving for Disney in about two weeks and confirmed with the sales person that the camera was in fact in stock, would be shipped immediately, and I paid for expedited shipping. I returned from my 10 day vacation a few weeks ago and have still not received my camera nor have I heard from the company regarding the status of my order. I called today and the customer service person was very short with me...told me the camera was out of stock so they canceled my order and did not charge me anything thanks, goodbye, click without taking a breath nor allowing me to comment. He was rude and unprofessional and a courtesy email or phone call to notify me that my order was canceled is not too much to ask for. I tried to log a complaint with the company, but there is no email address despite their Help screen indicating that email is the quickest way to get a response from them.

Comments

Lg
  22nd of Jan, 2008

Yuck. What a horrible company. I too had to confirm my order and succumb to their up sell, bait and switch tactics - high speed memory card, 5 hour battery, 3 year warranty which I have yet to receive. I have called at least 5 times to talk to my sales person "Steve" who now never seems to be in. I was hung up on by the supposed manager "Adam". I was yelled at, treated with rudeness and belligerence and generally ripped off. Complete buyers remorse.

Ea
  3rd of Jun, 2016
Digital Expo - Rude, bait & switch poor customer relations

The DigitalExpo service - this was the MOST rude company that I have ever had to deal with ... got put on hold and transferred 3 times just to order a camera, I didn’t even get to tell them the exact item I was interested in before they put me on hold. After the third transfer I told them I was tired of holding and being transferred and if it happened again I would hang up. The salesman asked what product I wanted and I told him. The salesman asked if that was all I wanted to which I replied yes. He looked up the product and quoted a price higher then their advertised price. When I informed him that was higher then their advertised price he now replied it was out of stock and rudely told me to hangup! And he hung up. What a scam... advertise a product shown in stock at a low price and conveniently didn’t have it in stock at their low advertised price. On top of that, when I called back to speak with a supervisor I was told they would be back tomorrow and hug-up before I could ask for somebody else.

The next day I called back to file a complaint with the manager - I got an Assistant Manager then I was told that the unit I wanted was more then the advertised price, however they had a reconditioned unit at the advertised price. Go figure BAIT & Switch!

Digital Expo - pathetic, rude, and insufficient ... Avoid this company no matter what the other reviewers say!