Diet search inc / 1200 dollars to to participate in a 30 day study

They advertised a 30 say study for a new diet pill. The ad said they will pay 1200 dollars at the end of the study.

When I replied to the ad they sent me an email.

"Hello,

Thank you for your interest, you are indeed one of the first 100 people to contact me, so you could certainly reserve the spot.

As stated in the CraigsList AD, we need 100 participates that are willing to take a popular diet pill on a daily basis for thirty days. Everyday we will be recording any differences, and finish the study at the 30th day. If you don't want your name used publicly in the study, then please say so.
At the same time, we will compensate you $1200 for your participation. This will be paid in check, on the last day.

We will meet a total of four times, and the times will depend on your availability time. Meeting places will be at a local gym of your choice.
This weight loss product has seen and promoted on many T.V stations. We were lucky enough to have them offer a free trial for us.

If you plan to participate then the following needs to be done:

1) You must fill out the following short form and receive your diet pills. FORM . Please be patient while the page loads. Depending on your location, there may be a slight S&H fee. If you are selected for the study, this charge will be reimbursed.
2) After you submitted your order for the free trial, please email us back with your name, confirmation number, phone number and your address. You will then wait to receive the free trial.
3) Once you have received the free trial, and you’re one of the first, we will then contact you and set up a meeting with you.

1) Must be above 100 pounds

3) Must not be taking more than 6 medication at the same time

* Spots are filling up quickly, so to reserve your spot, get your trial ASAP. We are literally being contacted by a dozen people each hour. You must be the first 100 people to receive your free trial to be eligible for the study. If you are not, then we will not be able to have you participate.

Please do not call the diet company asking any questions regarding this weight study, because their employee personnel will not know of this study. We are simply testing their products on free will.

Christina Sana
Diet Search, Inc"

There is link in the letter that pointed to Acai Berry product for a free trial that I had to buy. Then with this product you are automatically signed up for auto ship. And the letter says to "do not contact company" and the letter says "if you are selected for this study" after the fact you buy the product.

If the study was real the participant would not have to buy a product.

Well I am flagging this as a scam. Not the product but the Diet Search Inc. Do not fall for such program scams. After reading the email getting no reply back from such company through there email. And being told not to contact the product company. This in my book is a scam.

Comments

• X3
      2nd of Jul, 2009

Thank you! I JUST got this e-mail! Luckily I googled Diet Search, Inc.! You're awesome!

• Sb
      6th of Jul, 2009

I just got the same e-mail. I was suspicious because I got the reply at 12am. Usually companies don't reply at that hour. Also, I was suspicious because it said you need to pay a small S&H fee, and *Should* you be selected, after the fact. Your fee would be reimbursed. There should NEVER be a fee for a study. Then I googled Diet Search, Inc. and found this red flag, as well as others.

• Dr
      13th of Jul, 2009

I got a similar email included below. It's just a way to scam you into a diet pill subscription you don't really want and can't easily cancel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for your interest, you are indeed one of the first 50 people to contact me, so you could certainly reserve the spot.

As stated in the weight loss advert, we need 50 participants that are willing to take a popular diet pill on a daily basis for thirty days. Everyday we will be recording any differences, and finish the study at the 30th day. If you don't want your name used publicly in the study, then please say so. At the same time, we will compensate you $1600 for your participation. This will be paid in check, on last day.

The popular diet pill that you will be taking is called Acai Berry. This weight loss product has been used by several famous people, like Oprah Winfrey. We were lucky enough to have them offer a free trial for us.

If you plan to participate then the following needs to be done:

1) You must fill out the following qualification form to receive the free trial. Here is the link to the form, http://www.ultraweightloss.biz.

2) After you submitted your order for the free trial, please email us back your name and your address.

3) Once you received the free trial, we will set up a personal meeting with you, discuss further details, and answer any questions you may have. At this point our study will begin also.

4) Always contact us on this email for any client support or if you have any questions.

1) Must be above 110 pounds

3) Must not be taking more than 5 medication at the same time

* Spots are filling up quickly, so to reserve your spot, get your trial ASAP.

Holly Nickton
    Study Us, Inc

* We are an independent company from Acai Berry, and have no affiliation with them.

• Se
      15th of Jul, 2009

I too, got a similar email response. I found a posting on craigslist, and it sounded too good to be true, but I decided to reply to it anyways. After I got the below email, I decided to Google a few things, and was led here.

---------------------------------------------------------

1) Must be above 110 pounds

3) Must not be taking more than 5 medication at the same time

* Spots are filling up quickly, so to reserve your spot, get your trial ASAP.

Holly Nickton
    Study Us, Inc

16th of Jul, 2009

I fell for it and yes it is a scam...If you fall for it too just call the number on your order form and cancel any auto order so that you don't end up being charged 60+ dollars a month.

Here is my e-mail:

1) Must be above 100 pounds

3) Must not be taking more than 6 medication at the same time

Christina Sana
    Diet Search, Inc

• Pi
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I got the same email and when I clicked on the hyperlink, it would not oen. I noticed that 99.9% of gmail responses from Craigslist, whether it is on the jobs or the free links on their site are bogus. But, in case this is for real, pleaselet me know. :) Thanks bunches!
    pinkladypuppet@aol.com

• Tm
      4th of Aug, 2009

I just got this exact same email, verbatim. I knew immediately it was a scam--those Acai Berry and Colon Cleanse websites are EVERYWHERE these days. When they ask for your cc to pay the "small S&H fee" it's just a credit card number grab so they can keep shipping you bottles (at about $90 a pop) when you fail to cancel in time.

• Je
      8th of Aug, 2009

I am dealing with the same thing. I thought it was legit because I had seen the product everywhere, even Rachel Ray vouches for it! I spoke with someone when ordering the pill, and was able to speak with a rep and made sure that I was not charged more than the shipping and handling, which I was not, but as the above complaint stated, from then on it was a dead-end. I should have trusted my instincts when the letter said not to contact the main company because they were "unaware" of the study. I am kicking myself now and I am going to cancel my card if I can't get a hold of anyone. I am royally pissed off, and I have seen many good job offers on craigslist! People are ###s!!!

• Me
      29th of Aug, 2009

Gosh I feel so ridiculous! I never fall for this stuff and here I am! I am kind of freaking our because I place my shipping and handling order last night and the customer service reps at Acai Advanced company are only available M-Fri. How soon where you charged right away and for how much! Man I cant believe I fell for this I am usually really good at spotting theses things and after really ready things through I dont know how I could have missed how obvious it all is!

Megan

15th of Mar, 2010

I got this experience a year ago, and I try to filter out to whom I will contact.
    Ex.; no company name, or contact # just request resume or any information’s about you, because 90% just want your Phone #, so they selling your #, than calling your Phone provider to charge you for some kind of services you have with some one or a company claim that which also happened to me, or your E-mail to load with carp Spam's or Scam's, so I just check Spam or Scam. Or request to fill out application in person? I try to send by E-mail or Fax, because 98% you just spending your time, your gasoline, and when you got there they telling you just fill out an application and we will contact you, even if any seldom has an Interview that is also a crap!
    Joseph

• Ei
      26th of Aug, 2010

I just signed up for that survey, the ad I found on craigslist was much different though- They offered to pay $1500 and did not say anything about meeting, how long the study lasted, when you got paid or anything about not contacting the company. I did receive the acai berry pills & a bottle of trim hcg. I figured it might be a scam but took the chance anyway since all I had to pay was $1.34 for shipping so if nothing else I might actually loose weight but I have checked many sites & have come to found out as mentioned above they do continue to charge your credit card. I would like to contact them to cancel this but can't find a number anywhere, does anyone have it?

• Ti
      5th of Oct, 2010

You are right but unfortunately it is too late for me. I did fall for it. So far they charged me over $121 which I did not authorized.