Diet search inc / 1200 dollars to to participate in a 30 day study
They advertised a 30 say study for a new diet pill. The ad said they will pay 1200 dollars at the end of the study.
When I replied to the ad they sent me an email.
Thank you for your interest, you are indeed one of the first 100 people to contact me, so you could certainly reserve the spot.
As stated in the CraigsList AD, we need 100 participates that are willing to take a popular diet pill on a daily basis for thirty days. Everyday we will be recording any differences, and finish the study at the 30th day. If you don't want your name used publicly in the study, then please say so.
At the same time, we will compensate you $1200 for your participation. This will be paid in check, on the last day.
We will meet a total of four times, and the times will depend on your availability time. Meeting places will be at a local gym of your choice.
This weight loss product has seen and promoted on many T.V stations. We were lucky enough to have them offer a free trial for us.
If you plan to participate then the following needs to be done:
1) You must fill out the following short form and receive your diet pills. FORM . Please be patient while the page loads. Depending on your location, there may be a slight S&H fee. If you are selected for the study, this charge will be reimbursed.
2) After you submitted your order for the free trial, please email us back with your name, confirmation number, phone number and your address. You will then wait to receive the free trial.
3) Once you have received the free trial, and you’re one of the first, we will then contact you and set up a meeting with you.
1) Must be above 100 pounds
2) Must be motivated to lose weight
3) Must not be taking more than 6 medication at the same time
* Spots are filling up quickly, so to reserve your spot, get your trial ASAP. We are literally being contacted by a dozen people each hour. You must be the first 100 people to receive your free trial to be eligible for the study. If you are not, then we will not be able to have you participate.
Please do not call the diet company asking any questions regarding this weight study, because their employee personnel will not know of this study. We are simply testing their products on free will.
Diet Search, Inc"
There is link in the letter that pointed to Acai Berry product for a free trial that I had to buy. Then with this product you are automatically signed up for auto ship. And the letter says to "do not contact company" and the letter says "if you are selected for this study" after the fact you buy the product.
If the study was real the participant would not have to buy a product.
Well I am flagging this as a scam. Not the product but the Diet Search Inc. Do not fall for such program scams. After reading the email getting no reply back from such company through there email. And being told not to contact the product company. This in my book is a scam.