Diet Max / refund

1 Bay City, MI, United States Review updated:

I cancelled my order for Diet Max on Oct 1st because I was billed $87.47 before I even received the product (plus over $9 in "cross-border fees") was told it would take 10-15 business days to get a refund. I called on (business) day 17 and was told the refund was still in process. I called again on Nov 1 (business) day 21 and was told the "system is down and cannot access my account". I called again on Nov 3 and was told the refund was not posted back to my account and the conplaint would be forwarded to upper management, "3-5 busines days for refund". Called on Nov 9 (business) day 26 - was told there would be an "immediate refund in 3-5 business days". Called Nov 15 (business) day 31, was told "no refund posted to account, flagged for immediate review by upper management - 3-5 business days" (AGAIN). Called Nov 22 (business) day 36 "flagged for immediate review by upper management - 3-5 business days". Also EVERYTIME I called they said "don't worry, it will be taken care of". Here I am almost 2 months since I cancelled and NO refund yet.

Dy

Comments

• Ti
      24th of Aug, 2010

Since 8/5/2010 I have been dealing with the customer service representatives from this company to get a full refund on an order that was never received and not wanted. On 8/5/2010 I was assured by one rep that I would not be charged anything because I was cancelling within the trial period, this was after I was hung up on by 2 other reps. However to make sure I called this company again on 8/6/2010, still within the trial period, and was assured again that it was being cancelled and i would not be charged. This particullar rep(Gabby) said that she would send me an email that I must send back in order to cancel and not be charged. Within 15min I did not receive the email so I called back again and spoke with another rep(Angela) that did send me the email. So after I did this I assumed that it was cancelled. On 8/18/2010 I called to see when I would receive my refund, finally spoke with a supervisor(Sonya) who assured me that I would receive a full refund of $87.47. Checked my account did get a partial refund of $49.50. Called again to find out why I only recieved a partial refund, was told "Well you did not cancel until 8/9/2010 when the trial ended." After telling the rep "You're wrong" and insisting they review the records again they saw that I did cancel within the trial 8/6/2010, but still no one within this company would send me to whomever I needed to speak with concerning my full refund. In fact the last supervisor, someone named Sandra actually threatned to continue to charge my account even though it had been cancelled,

Check this out.

Total Fraud. Our bank gave us number of 1-800-320-2983 in order to contact them directly. This number works. Tell Joe hello for me. lol He was very rude to my wife and very short but I he did give us instructions on how to resolve the issue. Still suggest requesting new bank cards after dealing with these low lifes.

• Co
      17th of Sep, 2010

Um... Here is a thought: DON'T BUY CRAP OVER THE INTERNET.
    People these days! I tell ya! They just think they can buy whatever they want, over the internet and be totally blind to scammers!

"Here you go Mr. Scammer. Please, take my credit card information, I trust you. Take out money from my account. Have total access to my hard earned money. But, if you make one wrong move, stranger, I will try to act 100% innocent! As if I never gave you my personal credit card information!"

Grow the [censored] up and stop giving out personal information over the freakin' internet!!!

17th of Sep, 2010

Thx complain_jain I guess you have not figured this out. It is a complaint forum and I think it is to be used to get the word out not to call people like yourself out to show ignorance.

here is the parent company complains.

• Co
      17th of Sep, 2010

You are justr mad because I said what you are afraid of saying! Complaint Boards are just that, complaints. But if you look deeper, it is a whole website of idiots who have made stupid, idiotic erros and they wish to push the blame on someone else! So, yes, I am here to call out ###s on the stupid mistakes they make! You have something else you want to say? Go ahead, it doesn't bother me! [censored] off, while you're at it.

18th of Sep, 2010

I guess you suffer from some sort of internet attention deficit disorder. Maybe dietmax or one of the other products they sell might help you. I think you helped define a new type of disorder, people who have no life other than to the internet. I have a suggestion, maybe this will hurt but back away from the keyboard, stand up, go outside it may not be to late for you.

• Da
      20th of Sep, 2010

I'm sorry. I accidentally clicked the no on was this complaint useful on diet max refund. Actually, this complaint was VERY USERFUL and I apologize for clicking the wrong one!

• Ju
      3rd of Dec, 2010

I am over 1 month in and no refund, for the same amount of money. They keep changing their phone numbers. Now i just get clicked off!!! They keep making promises, 14 day, 10 day, 3 days. Still NOTHING!!! I am sooo freakin pissed off. There jhas got to be a way to stop these sorry pieces of ###ing trashes!! GET A REAL JOB!!!

• Ju
      3rd of Dec, 2010

You are sooo right. This is stealing. Why can't anybody do anything!!!

• My
      4th of Dec, 2010

I went through a long, complicated process (by phone AND online with these people to cancel my account. I have not received any product from them, thank goodness! However, they took $89.83 from my Visa on Nov. 8 and $3.10 on Oct. 26. I need them to reverse these charges on my Visa. I have not received a REFUND.

• Sh
      8th of Dec, 2010

I ordered there product with my Visa, and on the 9th day - still hadn't received the product, got cold feet and called them to cancel within my 10 day period. First thing I noticed, the advertised phone numbers don't work. So I called Visa to ask them not to allow any further charges. Of course they can't stop any charges, but they did find me a phone number to get a hold of Dietmax. I called Dietmax and canceled my trial membership on the 9th day. Imagine my surprise when I was charged $87.13 US on day 10!! So I called Visa back, they contacted Diet Max and I was told that even though I had canceled on day 9 it had not been posted till the end of day 10. Therefore I was charged and this wouldn't be refunded. I call this fraud, so with the help and great patience of Visa, we called Dietmax again, this time waiting to speak with a supervisor. While on hold for literally 40 minutes, I took the time to read the fine print in their terms and was able to speak with a supervisor and remind him that there terms of use promised a full refund with a cancellation within 10 days. The supervisor promised me a full refund of $87.13, complete with a verification reference number. However the slippery liars only refunded me $49.20 CDN. Who knows why?! When I called Visa back they just refunded me the difference - I suppose in hopes that I'd stop wasting their time - either way, very cool of Visa.
    The point: Don't buy anything from the thugs at Diet Max!

• El
      9th of Dec, 2010

I just got scammed myself a few weeks ago. I dont remember if I was told over the phone or while I was ordering that I would automatically be signed up for a subscription but that I had a 10-14 day period to cancel otherwise I would be charged. I called the very next day I received the pills to cancel and was told I didnt cancel within the specified time frame. I was pissed. I told the guy that I had just received the pills the day before and that I had a pending charge of 87.78 on my account. They were very apologetic and told me I should receive a refund within a few days. I checked my account a few days later and the pending charge had disappeared. A few days later after that, I checked my account again and the charge had gone through. I proceeded to call again and was told I would get my money back. It's been over a month and I still havent seen the charge reversed on my account and whenever I try calling the number that was in my confirmation e-mail I get a busy message. This is a total scam!