Dicks Sporting Goodsonline ordering, horrible. never again!!!

I recently ordered a North Face down jacket from Dick's online. Dicks shows 2 colors and a variety of sizes in stock on their website. The site let me order one, even pre authorized my C.C. After waiting a day and a half for a confirmation e mail with a tracking number, it finally arrived in my inbox and the status of the shipment was "processing" and an estimated expedited arrival date was 2/3/2017. I had ordered it at 11 AM on 2/1, and the e mail with an order number/est arrival date arrived 2/2/17.
The order was canceled online with no explanation, or e mail notification as to why it was canceled. After calling cust service, seems they have NONE in inventory, NONE! No sizes, No colors. I waited for a month for these jackets to go on sale, and on the morning of 2/1/17, the discount first appeared on the website. I ordered immediately before they were all gone.

On 2/2/17, WITHOUT any explanation, the order status went to " canceled". Seems as if Dick's never had ANY jackets, but were still selling them on their website, irregardless of the inventory in stock. I went to the Dick's site several times today and they are STILL selling them and pre authorizing credit cards even though they have no stock.

I called customer "no service" and was told that they had 19 blue jackets on 2/2/17, but had sold out. I asked why if I had ordered mine 2/1/17 at 1100AM, why was my order not honored before the others that ordered after me. I was then told by a supervisor that there was actually never any coat's at all. They were all soooooooo sorry for the mix-up, however; the manager was stone cold and offered no explanation. He also allowed things to continue as usual on their site with NO inventory in stock, and due to the season ending, very little chance of getting any more. Talk about false advertising.

I did order several jackets in the aftermath of this unbelievable incident. One was for a bomber blue XL (for my dad) from Rocky Mountain Ski and Board for way cheaper than the Dick's price, and there was a price reduction at Sunny Sports .com for $227.95 (zinc grey for me). Dick's wanted $349.00 per jacket. I immediately got confirmation e mails from both companies. Several hours after those orders got tracking numbers (in those e mails), I went to both sites and the XL and XXL jackets I had ordered were pulled from the "in stock" to "not available". I guess I got the last jackets in those 2 sizes/colors, and the sites IMMEDIATELY shut those sizes down. Not Dick's. You can still buy one by ordering from the Dick's site and have your CC reimbursed and all the apologies I am getting. If you don't believe, go to the Dick's site and order a bomber blur or a TNF Black color. The site shows 3 sizes available in blue, and 3 sizes in black available.

You would think that as big as Dick's is, they could do a whole lot better than the smaller company/sites I had to order from, especially with the online technology that is available. They have mostly ratings of a 1 out of 5 on the review/social media sites, and this review certainly won't help them at all. Move over Sports Authority, make room for Dick's, they will certainly be next for bankruptcy proceedings.

Steve Wilson