Dicks Sporting Goods / customer service needs inprovement

1 Magnolia MallFlorence, SC, United States Review updated:

I went on a Sunday with my kids to get baseball cleats, baseball pants and batting gloves for my son. I also took my daughter to get her a new pair of running shoes. After we found what we needed we went to the check out where we approached the counter. I put my things on the counter and gave the cashier my "coaches coupons". This is a progrm Dicks does for the coaches. Well little did I know or look at the coupon but its not good for anything. After alls said and done I got $3 of of $125 worth on merchandise.

Back to the customer service issue. I was never greeted and when I tried to ask questions about the coupons she just kept saying they want work on that. I told her I guess they just weren't good for anything in the store and she said I guess not. I crumbled the coupons and set them in front of her. I gave her the money to pay for the products I bought and she would not put the change in my hand. She laid the change on the counter then walked off. I told her to call the store manager. She called over the intercom and said a manager was needed at customer service. The young guy walked up, shook my hand then I told him my issue. While talking to him I noticed he did not have anyhthing on telling me who he was nor anything to idenify that he worked at the store. He then made the statement that the coupons were only good for the cheap stuff in the store.

I can say "Thanks Dicks Sporting Goods for looking out for the teams and coaches in the community, we thanks you for the worthless coupons"! I will make one promise and that is I will never step foot in a Dick's again nor will my family.

Comments

• D9
      14th of Oct, 2010

I visited your Wendover Plaza 1208-A Bridford Parkway Greensboro, NC 27407 store today, October 11, 2010 to possibly purchase a black powder rifle. There was only one person in the gun section during the time I was there (from 12:30 to 1 PM) and he was restocking some hunting supplies. He (tall, brown straight hair hanging in his face, glasses) walked by me several times while I was leaning over the counter looking at the rifles. Wondering if he'd ever ask if he could help me I walked over to him and asked him to show me a Thompson Center muzzle loader, not a cheap choice. He let out an "auditable sigh" making it clear he was totally inconvenienced with my request. He handed me the rifle I asked to see as I explained how little knowledge I have on the BP rifle subject. I asked him if it was a drop breach and he said no it was a drop trigger, so pulled the hammer back to look at the breach and he once again let out a sigh as he held out his hand to take it from me and painstakingly removed the trigger lock, let the hammer down and replaced the lock, and handed it back. His body language clearly showing he was not interested in showing me or selling me anything. The bottom line here is you lost a customer today, if I owned a Dick's Sporting Goods I would not want him working for me. The folks down the road at Gander Mt. were very helpful.

• 54
      13th of Apr, 2011

All Dick's customer coupon complaints:
    You must read the small print on the coupons for all vendors not eligable for a discount. This is not a Dick's thing it is a policy set by the individual vendor that does not allow discounts on their merchandise.
    Brands: Under Armour, Calloway, Jordan, Reebok Easytone etc...
    Retailers cannot violate the vendors set policy.