Dick's Sporting Goods / don't shop there

The customer service at ***'s is horrible... It derives from the fact that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing... I had to go through 2 lines just to return an item...

The greeters at the front told me to stand in a certain line, then the people at the counter told me to go to the back of the line... And when I complained, I got snide comments in return... In addition, the item I returned (apparel) had hidden stains all over it...

If you want quality sporting goods (for a cheaper price than ***'s), I suggest you shop online!!!

Va

Comments

3rd of Jan, 2009

Got a christmas gift from out of state, a pair of gloves from Dicks. But they were for the same hand! Obviously not usable. So, I took them to local Dicks to exchange. Since they were sold out of this type and I had no receipt (it was a gift), they would not refund or exchange for something of equal value. And my experience with the help, including manager, was awful. This store does not give a damn about customers and I will never buy anything from them.

• Wa
      27th of Mar, 2009

I rewarded my son with a new bike from Dick's. After being in the store for an hour and a half waiting on someone to help us, We were finally able to sign tons of paperwork and go home. Within 2 days stuff was breaking off the bike. When the brake handle snapped off in his hand I returned it to the store. I had bought the warranty and the bike was not even 3 weeks old. I was told the bike tech wouldn't be there until 5pm. (I went on a saturday) I left the bike there and was told I would be contacted with info on how long they would need to keep the bike. The more I thought about it the more uneasy I felt about the $200 bike. I called and told them I wanted to exchange the bike for a better brand. I was told they have a no return and no exchange policy on bikes. I will never buy from them again and hope this help someone else make a better decision than I did. Now my sons reward for his good behavior has turned into heart ache for him. He is scared to ride it, afraid something else will break on it.

• Ra
      30th of Nov, 2009

I agree! I represent a not-for-profit organization and had to exchange some items we had received a grant for. The management was absolutely rude and hateful to me! I will NEVER shop there and will tell everyone I know to pay a bit more and go to the locally owned sporting goods store were the customer service can't be beat.

• Mo
      10th of Jun, 2010

im not sure which dicks sporting goods you were shopping at, since you seem unable to be literate in posting that info, but i work for the leawood kansas store #408, and can tell you this, our customer service, is # 1, so stop your crying, ive seen what all you good customers do to a retailer, you tear up the packaging, then ask that we return it, what do you think we are supposed to do with it ?, you take a tent and go camping with it, then you return it, full of twinkie wrappers, pop cans, used condoms, ect, should we charge you rent for using it ?, we get clothes back with stains on them, reeking of sweat, we are not your personal cleaning service, we pick up your discarded cups, food packaging and dirty tissues, and we do it all with a smile on our faces, i work in the bike department, i have people come in and demand that i help them 1st, forget all the people that came in before them, i try to help them all with a smile on my face, ive seen first hand how you good customers treat the cashiers, you ought to be ashamed of yourselves, but i know you are not, YOU are selfish, the world is all about you, you, you, so next time you come in, please leave your dirty diapers, in the changing rooms, for all to smell, and the lowly 8.00 per hour to clean up after you and be your personal maid,

• He
      31st of Aug, 2010

montemike72,

you should be ashamed of yourself for saying things like that. As a employee myself for 3 years store #264 Melbourne Florida I understand it can get frustrating but that's customer service and honestly if you don't like it find another job that's all I have to say.
    Cause yes its aggrivating to walk into a dressing room to find piles of clothes across the seat, floor, and hanging from the bars
    Or picking up balls across the floor many times from kids playing with them in team sports
    Picking up all the merchandise that was knocked down from someone hanging from the basket ball rim causing it to fall over
    Filling out accident reports from someone who turned on the treadmills to high speed and ran and jumped onto it just to fall flat on their face and get mad at us.
    Opening one of the display tents to find someone had pooped in one and used a shirt of the rack to wipe the residue from there behind (YES that actually happened)
    PIcking up half eaten food from shelves and empty cups
    Knocking on a dressing door and nobody answers when you unlock it to find someone in it or on one occasion it happened to be a couple having sex

So yes it can be frustrating but it's a JOB! So now instead of being completely negitive about it think about this

This story touches my heart I will always remember this customer for the rest of my life.
    A woman came in very scared looking for sports bras, and I took the time to help her locate and try on certain ones. She was a breast cancer survivor and had lots of swelling and brusing from the chemo and surgery. We finally located one style but only had one pair. I took the time to check and call every store in the district and stores out of state to have them transferred over. I got them all in and called her in, she needed help getting her shirt back on cause the pain was so back she could barely lift her arms. She felt that I treated her as if she was the most important person in the world that nothing else mattered. She became a regular customer and a friend and come to find out she was also in a bad situation with domestic violence in her home. I assisted her and finding a safe haven to escape to with her son. Now everytime I see her she has the biggest smile on her face and she is glowing with relief and happiness. She is now free and clear of cancer but she touched my heart, helping her those days finding the right bra to help relieve her pain was the best feeling ever.

Treat customers as a person a individual and not has someone who walked into your building and you will be treated with respect as well and it will change there outlook and experience with the store.
    Seeing a smile on someone's face when they come in looking for a certain item and only having a vague description and you locating it for them and watching there face light up is the best part about working for dicks sporting goods.

That's customer service its like that anywhere you go you are paid to help customers to assist them in locating what they need being professional about it and making the customer feel that your not trying to just make the sale your there to help them find what they need.

So again I say if you don't like it find a different job for I have been working for them since 2007 and doing customer service for 8 years at other jobs as well and love everything about it.