Dick's Sporting Goods / bad service

Dick's Sporting Goods
Just bought sketchers shoes for a great low price with free shipping!!! It arrived in 3 days. I'm very happy with the shopping experience.

N  11th of Feb, 2009 by
Ordered their venture trizone heated fleece as an X-MAS present. The heater remote didn't fully work and the 2 zones on the back of the jacket never heated up. Returned item and paid for shipping costs to send back. Reordered because they don't have an xchange policy and was sent the _SAME EXACT_ jacket I had returned in the first place. Tried to get them to send me a new jacket--before winter was over--while waiting on a return label to mail the old one back and was lied to on the phone saying they were now out of stock and would be on back order (probably until they received the damaged one back from me); however, seconds before the sales lady was ready to sell me one and was 100% sure they were in stock and ready to ship in 1 to 2 business days before I asked to speak with her supervisor. Overall, horrible customer service, horrible products for that matter. Their gym equipment is cheaply made garbage that breaks within a year too. About the only thing I'd buy from the store are dumbells and fishing lures, but I'll never buy anything online from them again. VERY DISSATISFIED!!
D  14th of Nov, 2009 by
Wait till you need a warrenty on the product you buy at Dick's sporting goods store. I bought Footjoy golf shoes at the store in Burlington Vermont. They started to leak and they have a two year guarantee; so I brought them back to the store so that they could send them to Footjoy for replacement. The manager came and told me that it is my problem to send the shoes to Footjoy. I told them that I would buy a new pair at the store but he told me he would not help me.

I went to Golftown in Montreal in Point Claire and bought a new pair of Footjoys and told the manger the story and he refunded the full amount of the new shoes with a gift card. He did not have to honour the US guarantee and gave me full replacement value instead of 50%. I will only buy golf equipment at Golftown in Montreal. Do not buy anything from Dick's sporting goods because if you have problems you are treated like dirt.
N  13th of Dec, 2009 by
12/13/2009 Canton Georgia ~ Last week I bought a Sole Treadmill and a Schwinn Recumbent bike. They told me that a delivery person was to call me withing 48 hours. I waited six days so I decided to buy the Sole treadmill at Sears and bought a similiar recumbent bike from Sears and had the items withing 24 hours. The next day I went to Dicks Sporting Goods and handed them my recpt and wanted a complete refund because I never recieved any merchandise. They told me I could not and could only give me the $1947.00 store credit. I was furious! I talked to the manager and he told me the same thing...Whatever happened to customer service?
N  21st of Jun, 2011 by
I went to Dick’s Sporting Goods at South West Plaza Mall in Littleton Co. on 6/20/11. We went to the store to purchase a kayak, life vest and paddle. Aound $300 total. We were greeted as we entered but after that we didn’t see another employee for 30 minutes. Ready, but unsure how to check out ( can’t just carry a 12 foot Kayak up to the counter ) we sought out an empoyee for some help. Nobody was around, so I politely asked one of the register employee if we could get some help. He radioed to some uknown person asking them to meet us over at the kayaks section for customer assistance. We waited for another 30 minutes and nobody arrived. I noticed a young employee flirting with some girls at the backpacks. I attempted to get his attention, he said he would be with us shortly. We waited another 10 minutes and the young man had disappeared. I was basically irritated with the whole situation. We drove to REI down the street and spent $50 more but were repeatedly asked if we needed any help and got everything we needed in a timely and professional manner. I will never set foot in Dick’s Sporting Goods again, and spent my $300 dollars at a competitors store. Thanks so much Dick’s, you just lost a big sale on a high dollar item and any repeat business I may have brought to you.

Dick's Sporting Goods Logo Dick's Sporting Goods