Diane Vantwyver / Seller of Sick Puppy

1 Shell Knob, MO, United States Review updated:

Trying to add those photos to prove that my puppy died eight days after being hospitalized. When was he admitted? HOURS after he arrived. Diagnosis? PARVO.

Sd

Comments

• Sd
      24th of Feb, 2010

Here is the review that Puppyfind.com, where this "breeder" advertises allowed me to post. I had to submit tons of documentation from vets, clinics, etc. for their investigation. Diane Vantwyver and I both had two weeks to present our paperwork but I guess that Diane's, like her ethics, were questionable!

Sold me a pup with Parvo ("Puppy-Killer" disease)
    I bought a puppy from this breeder. A few hours after arriving via ground I had to rush him to an emergency clinic.He was diagnosed with Parvovirus, severe dehydration, an upper respiratory infection & parasites. The vet declared that he showed the signs of a puppy mill pup. My own vet confirmed this the next day & my pup had to be hospitalized immediately.The shot records she sent were invalid because of missing info.Diane agreed to refund purchase price only after insisting she speak with my vet and questioned his diagnosis and that of the prior vet's. Both vets determined that my pup had Parvo before he left Diane.When the vet bill got to $1, 000 I emailed asking that she simply contribute to the expense.She refused & said she wouldn't talk to me anymore.My puppy died 8 days later.Our family is devastated.Also, I had exposed my 2 other dogs to Parvo!They had to be checked adding to our anxiety and vet bills. BUYER BEWARE!This is not the first complaint on-line regarding this breeder.

• Sl
      28th of Mar, 2010

did you know your puppy can get parvo from the flight.
    partvo can not be prevented. If a person breed dogs...they will run into parvo sooner or later. If you dont EVER want to buy a puppy with parvo...then dont EVER buy a dog.
    Its happens, Parvo happens.
    Owners probably did not know.

• Sd
      29th of Mar, 2010

Thank you. However, there is more to this than meets the eye and the evidence (documentation, transcripts of calls etc.) is solid.

This is a legal matter in the hands of my attorney and the state now. As for buying a dog, this was my first time doing so and I've learned my lesson. That being said, not all breeders have issues and many stand by their puppies.

Thanks again for your comments.

• Ly
      12th of Feb, 2013

I bought 2 puppies from Diane over 5 years ago. I can't thank Diane enough for bringing such amazing animals into this world. I'm so sorry that there are people like the above who enjoy posting lies about someone who just wants to bring pleasure to other people. This is not business where you make a lot of money. Shame on you!

• Sv
      6th of Jun, 2014

To Lynn S: All I can say is thank your lucky stars that your puppies were healthy and have been a welcomed addition to your family. Your experience, however, is the MINORITY!. How dare you accuse others of being liars? Do your research, look this woman up on Google...read and learn. This is not Ms. Vantwyver's first accusation of selling sick dogs. The fact that breeding is not a profitable business does NOT JUSTIFY THE SELLING OF PUPPIES WITH PARVO! These little animals suffer beyond comprehension. Mine was diagnosed with ADVANCED PARVO, in other words, the specialist I took him to was convinced that he had been sick for quite some time - he didn't get sick on the way to me! I had to hospitalize him FOUR hours after I first held him. He only lived for eight days. I went to visit him, and hold him every one of those eight days! My heart was crushed when the vet called me with the news! Here is the difference between Ms. Vantwyver's argument and mine: I have the veterinary records, I have the copy of the check HER VETERINARIAN sent me for signing off on her puppies which, he admitted, he did in "bulk" and without seeing all of the puppies in a litter. If I didn't have this much paperwork, Diane would still be able to sell puppies on puppyfinders.com. They blocked her from advertising due to my PROOF! So did puppycompanions.com. So, Lynn? The shame is on YOU!