Diamonds International / tanzanite bracelet I was pressured to purchase

1 Costa Maya, Mexico Review updated:

On January 18, 2018, while visiting Costa Maya via the RC Liberty of the Seas, my friend and I went in to Diamonds International to just look around. My friend walked out spending 900.00 and myself, 199.00 on a tanzanite bracelet which I was pressured to purchase. I am not happy about this at all. The "free" necklace I was given is also a laugh. I want to return the bracelet and necklace immediately for a full refund. I paid 1/2 cash and 1/2 to my debit card. I am so disappointed as to how they pressure their customers. The quality of both items are below my expectations. The sales person, Angel C., was nice in the beginning, but once he got his manager involved, they both put on the pressure. I couldn't walk away if I wanted to without first making a purchase. Later in Cozumel, we observed another much bigger tanzanite bracelet for the same price, which proves this was no "promotional". I am on disability and cannot afford to spend money like this. I will never go into a never DI store again, unless I am provided a full refund immediately.

Diamonds International
Diamonds International

• Updated by cdavis57, Jan 25, 2018

Cd
Jan 22, 2018

Comments

• Sh
      22nd of Jan, 2018

Unfortunately Ms. Davis, buyer's remorse isn't a condition for return. You at least enjoyed the bracelet enough to purchase it, so wear and enjoy it.

• Sh
      26th of Jan, 2018

You replied, "Oh no! I am not believing you told me this! I can't even keep the bracelet on because it is so difficult to close. I have two broken wrists which do not have full movement and I can't close this thing. This is not "buyer's remorse". This is a scam! I am not going to stop until I get a refund. I CANNOT WEAR THE BRACELET!"

Hi Ms. Davis.

I really am sorry to hear you've broken both wrists. That must be extremely painful. Are they both currently in casts? Unfortunately a jewelry store has no control over the condition of their customers. Many bracelets are designed with clasps that you might find harder to close or later remove. However there are clasps that are designed to be considerably easier to both secure and/or remove. If you'll take any such jewelry that you may own to a local, trusted jeweler in your area, I'm sure they can provide assistance to remedy the situation.

Please know that, just because you may have seen another Tanzanite bracelet that was bigger, at a less expensive price, doesn't mean they were of equivalent value. Much like any gem or crystal, the quality of the stone is what really creates its value. True Tanzanite can be very expensive. It is only mined in one very small area Tanzania. It will be a wonderful souvenir of your cruise.