Diamonds Internationaldiamond ring

On the 29th November I had the misfortune to go into the Diamonds International store in St Marten. As I was getting married on the 29th December and the cruise line I was travelling with endorsed Diamonds International I decided to go in search of a diamond wedding ring. We were served by a very nice lady called Patsy who also got her Manager involved. I found the ideal diamond wedding ring and was then talked into buying a white gold shank with 3 diamonds on each shoulder to replace the engagement ring that I had on. The idea being that my 1.65 carat diamond was taken off the yellow gold mount of mine and then placed on the white gold shank with the 6 diamonds which were supposedly just short of 1 carat. The receipt and appraisal certificates all confirm that the 6 diamonds are 0.94 carats and stupidly I believed the sales staff as they seemed so genuine, how stupid could I be!
On getting home I had the ring valued and the stones have turned out to be 0.50 carats at the most! I have taken the ring to two different jewellers who both confirm 0.50 but of course Diamonds International are having non of it. I have contacted the cruise line as well who make such a big thing on board ship of how they will help you with your purchase and tell you that you are covered once you get home for 90 days and it is all a pack of lies. This company has no morals and is a complete and utter CON. BEWARE of Diamonds International. I have had my wedding day ruined and want to prevent any one else from having there special day ruined. I have been corresponding via e-mail with a person called Hugo but am getting more and more annoyed. All I want is what I paid for a white gold shank with 6 diamonds that weigh 0.94 carats. I have asked for a replacement shank to be sent to me so as I can get my diamond taken off this one and then I will return this 0.50carat one to them but of course they will not do that. All I have been offered is $250 plus a $200 gift voucher! What am I suppose to do with a gift voucher? I got diamonds weighing half what they should have been so if they are not going to be replaced then I want half my money back. I will not give up this fight.

Diamonds International

• Diamonds International Customer Care's Response, Feb 06, 2017

Good Morning Ms. Mann,

Your complaint has been noted and we will be looking into it further in order to resolve the issue. As soon as we have more information, we will be in contact with you again.

Thank you.

Ph
Feb 02, 2017

Comments

• La
      Feb 06, 2017

Please let me know how successful you are with your return to D International? I'm fighting with them myself now to return jewelry for a full refund. As the store manager in their Nassau store told me I could, if I changed my mind for any reason on the jewelry we were buying. As long as it was within 30 days of purchase. Which now I'm being told they only accept returns for a store credit. A store credit does me no good.

Thanks,