DHR Child Support / Child Support

1 220 Roosevelt Avenue, Florence, AL, US Review updated:
Contact information:
Phone: 256-627-4574

I have been seeking a modification on child support since November 2, 2010.It was to change from $663.00 a month to $848.21.But within five months my ex all the sudden was unemployed.They kept telling me that he was not drawing unemployment.I was working all I could to take care of my son, who also has many medical conditions.I had to sell my jewelry to pay for braces for him because he is missing five permanent teeth.So this was a medical need. Anyway, I just finally told Judge Jackson I was tired of the delays.It has been almost two years since I sought a new amount.He just ruled on Oct. 19th, 2012 to put him jail for failure to show for court or to pay his support.But something needs to be done.

Sort by: UpDate | Rating


  • Fo
      Oct 20, 2012

    BooHoo, you had to sell your jewelry. You are lucky you had jewelry to sell, a lot of parents don't have that luxury. So how far behind is the Dad in his child support, because I do know they have to be really far behind. How did you know the Dad had enough increase in wages to be able to pay more child support? As a whole you don't get increases in child support for cost of living increases, When I was receiving child support, I had a really good way of finding out what increases in salary that my "ex" received and I waited until I saw that he had enough increases that it would be worth going after an increase. There is a little more to the story than is being told.

    0 Votes

Post your comment