DHL / DHL service and delivery!

1 Summerville, SC, United States Review updated:

I have been forced to use DHL on three occasions by ordering online from a website and the website sending through DHL only and I have had nothing but HORRIBLE service from DHL every time. The most recent this week! I paid $160 extra for next business day delivery and the company sent it through DHL and I have waited three days now and was just told by DHL that they don't "guarantee" next business day after the 16th of December! They don't care if I paid extra or not!

I asked if I could drive down to the distribution center and pick it up myself and was told NO that they were not going to go look on the pallet for my order and that I had to wait until an "attempt" to deliver the package had been made before I could "try" to pick up the package the following day from the distribution center. We are talking about thousands of dollars worth of computer equipment!

The last delivery before this one from DHL showed up 4 days late and the delivery driver was rude and obnoxious from the moment I opened the door. He was dressed in ripped jeans and he smelled like alcohol! Is THAT really the image they are trying to portray? They don't even ring the doorbell. You have to listen to hear a truck pull up then RUN to the door and open it or they just sneak up and tape an "attempted delivery" sticker on your door.

I actually caught the guy trying to do it the last time! He hadn't even taken my package out of his truck! He just snick up to the door with the sticker and when I opened the door on him he was reaching to post the sticker on it and was surprised! I had to actually ASK him to get my package out of the truck. He said "I wasn't expecting anyone to be here!" So you don't even bother to ring the doorbell or knock?

DHL needs to be put out of business!

Comments

Ju
  10th of Jan, 2008

been waiting for passport,original marrage licencse,and bith certificate(original) from canada passport office processing center.sent on dec. 18,2007 arrived at area hub on dec.19 according to tracking number checked on jan.7,2008. we're truck drivers and we had it sent to our terminal not knowing when it would be in or when we would be in our terminal,so we waited and waited till we realised the package should definitely be there by now.calling canada passport we got tracking number, saw it on computer it was last in the area hub the 19th, dhl said it was in the hub and we could come pick it up, we said they could deliver it since we were in salt lake city,ut., about 2074 miles away,and thats what they were paid to do.they said they where going to deliver it the next day! next day they said they couldn't find package. we made some phone calls got to supervisor on jan 9,2008 he said he'll look into it,the 10th we get a phone call recorded from dhl (recorded message) that our package was delivered on the 19th of dec..now until this time nothing of the sort showed on the tracking for deliver now we look on the tracking and thank you for miracles there it was,23 days later, with the name of the person who had signed for our package before..... amazing how that stuff works.the person said she did not sign for it and she knew the importannce of this package and would call us as soon as it came in.now we need a letter from dhl to say the passport was lost,so we can give that to passport canada so they can issue us a new passprt, this should prove to be interesting since there computers are now say it was delivered....ain't corperate the best!!!!

Se
  8th of Jul, 2008

I don't understand how DHL Guangzhou Branch works .
There is always nobody answers phone calls, whenever I call.
Still remember I called many times at 4 o'clock in the afternoon, nobody answered.Well, I thought they were off already.
Again I called on another day morning at half past 9, still, amazingly, nobody picked the phone up. They wouldn't like picking up income calls, then why they have their meaningless phones installed!!!
An urgent email was sent to DHL in the morning, while its relpy was received in the late afternoon!!!
We needed clearing customs in time, can this manner be of any help?
No wonder it takes more than a week to clear customs!!!
If any extra charge occurs because of your honorable neglect, will DHL take fully responsibility?
How DHL runs? Your respectful company has emplyed these professional persons !!!Do this attitude or these crew satisfy your customers and favor you a lot???
Hope God bless you!!!

Bi
  15th of Jun, 2011

I have been using DHL for over 5 years, I have to admit that their non US service is great, once packages leave the US they get delivered on time. I recently discovered a billing error where DHL surcharged me over $1000.00 to ship a large package to Saudi Arabia. Luckily I had my DHL quote and package information recorded. I created a billing dispute and DHL refused to correct the issue, I started the process back in February and I realize that I was dealing with complete idiots! They refused to recognize that their were billing me for package dimensions that exceeded manufacturer packaging specs, it is almost if the package grew within DHL sort system. After multiple emails and certified letters, DHL continues to call me on weekly basis looking for payment and I have to tell them every time that the invoice is not over due, it is in dispute, all I asked them to do is correct their mistake. But hold on, it is a mistake or an opportunity to enhance revenue?
In talking with other EX DHL customers, I realized that DHL has a long history of padding the invoices. So buyer be aware, audit your invoices and do not give them your credit card.