DHL / hit and run

1 3838 Imperial way,suite DStockton, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-225-5345

On 07/21/2008 at 11:58 AM DHL came to my home to pick up a package. My father and I were in the garage working when they pulled down our driveway.I was watching the whole time and I saw them backing out of the driveway and hit the front end of my trans-am, my father heard this came to the door where I was and we both saw the driver drive away like nothing happened. We couldn't believe it. Anyway I ran up to the top of the driveway into the street yelling and waving my arms behind this van trying to stop them.

That didn't work so I ran to my truck in order to track this driver down. I looked everywhere but could not find them. I believe they knew they hit the car and hauled butt out of there. So I went home called DHL and they said they would call me back. I waited and waited for them to call back but they didn't. So I called them and they gave me the number of the supervisor Mr Antonio Altamirano Jr. I called him and he said send me pictures and details so i did. Then I called the sheriffs dept and they told me contact my insurance and DHL to solve the problem. I told them the guy hit and ran.They said he probably didn't know he did it and it happens all the time. This was also hard for me to believe.

My insurance told me to talk to DHL. A few days pass and I contact DHL because they never called me back. They give me their insurance company; Allied Ins Agent Hardeep Sangha # [protected] Claim # 84P51395. Meanwhile I get an estimate. $1909.00 WOW. The send a guy and he takes photo's and tells me there was no damage to the vans bumper. Of course not because he had a black steel bumper and I have a black rubber bumper on my 74 trans-am with fiberglass around the lights which got smashed.

I went down to the Highway patrol and did a counter report for a hit and run. They also told me theirs not much they can do.What the heck man. Anyway I called Allied Ins today and the lady said if the driver says he didn't do it then they will be on the drivers side because no damage to the vans bumper (proof) and to bad for me basically.

So now I'm stuck with a $1909.00 repair bill because some DHL driver got away with hitting my car.
The package that DHL picked up that day arrived at my customers home Smashed and damaged. Go Figure.

Mi

Comments

• Tr
      8th of Jan, 2009

If you want to recover damages from anyone in a hit and run situation with that small a dollar figure, you will have to sue in small claims court.

They will fail to show up to the trial, and you will win by default. Then you send the judgement to collections.

You will eventually get money back