DHL Delivery / fraud and cheating

The delivery person never bothered to come and marked my package undeliverable. I know he didn't come because I was at home all day waiting. I didn't shower and waited doing h/w. If I had missed it he would have left a note and brought it to our rental office because they sign for packages. The SOB just never came!!! I can't believe I paid for overnight service on a document that will cause me to lose my job and they just simply didn't come. Don't SHIP DHL or you will not receive your package.

Va

Comments

7th of Oct, 2008

DHL charged me for a "quarantine processing fee" of $47.30. I bought $70 worth products off iherb & paid $20 shipping/handling fee for it to be sent to Australia. I'm going to call AQIS and ask whether they really did charge DHL this fee. I've read similar complaints online and definitely agree, DHL is very untrustworthy.

• Oz
      11th of Dec, 2009

Sent to Australia;

I've had the same nonsense 'processing fee' of $47.30 charged (via invoice) twice now. In both cases, the products were named supplements *from iherb (nothing suspect). The boxes had been opened but no bottles checked. This is an exclusive DHL fee (nothing to do with customs/quarantine) (DHL will claim otherwise). Call them up and ask for an official invoice including an AQIS (quarantine entry number). If they can't provide it too you (and they won't), they have no legal right to charge you the fee and should therefore waive the invoice. This whole process is nothing but a scam for unsuspecting importers. Please let all of you're friends and colleagues know so they can avoid DHL like the plague.

• Di
      16th of Dec, 2009

DHL have sent me an invoice also for a supposed Quarantine Processing Fee some days after receiving a package from iHerb. The problem, I think, in Law (and I have done contract law) is that the contract has been concluded on the delivery of the goods. Therefore they cannot request another charge after fulfilment of the contract. They are simply acting illegally and in my opinion there is no way they would try to sue anyone for not paying because they would know that they must lose. It looks to me like it is all bluff by a very unscrupulous company. A complaint could be lodged with Fair Trading. If you do that, they cannot proceed with their claim until it is resolved by Fair Trading and DHL will just drop it because they know they cannot win.

• Su
      20th of Jan, 2010

I have recently received the same charge (also iHerb purchase). I will phone them about it today.

I have received this in the past and phoned them about it. The person I spoke immediately "canceled" the fee when I challenged it. This just proves that it is dodgy. They are just trying their luck and I am sure many people pay without questoning.

I did check with Australian customs and they said that NO fee is charged.

Do not pay.

And if you have the time/inclination you cold take it to the consumer protection organisation.

• Fa
      3rd of Mar, 2010

Wow, so glad I googled on this. I had the same issue, also product from iHerb which I received over a week before DHL's "invoice". When I rang the lady kerfuffled around saying there should be appropriate paperwork attached - I said there is no indication of any quarantine process and asked for the AQIS number (thanks for that tip). She said she would "waiver" it this time. What dodgy sods!