DHL / lost package, will not refund any money

DHL lost package # [protected] a cell phone in Memphis submitted all required data and the have no record of any data being submitted. I accept the loss since I have spent several hours trying to recover a $77 loss. They have worn me down. I consider this a gyp company. DHL wanted the shipper to file for the lost package. Shipper has their

money thus has no reason to waste time with DHL.

DHL seems to ignore all lost request hoping the customer will give up and I have. I have all their e-mails which repeat their ineffective responses.

Va

Comments

• Do
      23rd of Dec, 2007
    DHL - No delivery & lies!
    Maryland

To put this as simple as possible, DHL LIES. For one week every person I have contacted with DHL has lied about the location and delivery of a package I am expecting. Beginning on Dec. 17th and every day since DHL has promised delivery of a package. The lies have not been limited to just phone conversations but in writing by email responses from DHL to me. GOOD NEWS TO ALL THOUGH... DHL IS LOOSING MONEY AND WILL SOON BE GONE.

18th of May, 2008

I completely agree that much of DHL USA 's customer service needs serious improvements. Well, its a combination of customer service and service centers. Much of the time, customer service agents are merely relaying information that is provided to them from service centers( this is where the packages are actuall at) and, if the service center provides bad information then the agent provides bad information. Regardless, accountability needs to be taken in all cases. As I recommend to anyone, take names, call center locations note time of day, and if you must, use this information to follow up and force accountability. I follow this same practice with all customer service interaction I have, not simply DHL. Banking is a big one to take careful notes on, as they can be the biggest con artists out there. They are not handling our pacakges, but our money, and if they can find a way to take it they will.
    However, i wouldn't count on DHL going out of business anytime soon. They are owned by the Deutsch Post World Net whose annual revenue is around 94 billion dollars. So don't count them out so fast. Let's just hope they open their eyes.

• Ta
      2nd of Jul, 2008
    DHL - DHL does not deliver
    Minnesota
    www.dhl.com

This company is so stupid. The delivery guy doesn't even bother ringing the door bell... i walk outside, and i find that they attempted delivery. Now they want me to drive 20 miles to pick it up... WTF... why did i pay for shipping, if i am supposed to drive 20 miles to pickup a package... useless company dhl... businesses should stop using DHL and just use good old USPS. The best in my opinion.

• Ni
      19th of Aug, 2008

In my area DHL uses USPS!!! I ordered a package with overnight shipping, they got it to USPS overnight, then it took USPS a week to get it to me...Whats the point? when given the choice i will NEVER use DHL, the service s horible

• Ka
      6th of Oct, 2008
    DHL - Poor Service
    California

Worst US shipper imaginable. Took three days to move a package 7 miles! No excuses given, just that the driver didn't deliver. Stick with UPS or Fed Ex, or the US Postal service for that matter!

• Br
      15th of Oct, 2008
    DHL - Failure to deliver in a reasonable time

Sent a package from Denver to Missoula via DHL. It's a 12 hour drive, but somehow it took them TEN DAYS to deliver a priority package.

TEN DAYS to deliver to somewhere 12 hours away. FedEx never had that problem. We lost thousands of dollars in business.

• Vi
      18th of Nov, 2008
    DHL - Lost Shipment
    Spokane

lost my pkg and refuse to contact shipper to process my lost item, fully expect me to do all of the work. My items was purchaed online and is paid for and I cannot get either DHL or AT&T (where I purchaed my cell phone) to do anything to helo me recover my item or get anoterh phone! I am out the money because of their screw up?!

• Ki
      7th of Apr, 2009
    DHL - package contents
    Jamaica

I sent a package to Kingston, Jamaica containing 4 mobile phones and an MP3 player, when the parcel was collected from the office in jamaica it was opened to discover ony the MP3 enclosed. Where are the 4 mobile phones???

29th of Apr, 2009
    DHL - Terrible company
    dhl.com

It is know for the most of the people: DHL is relaible service, ..it is not. I send an important travel document from UK to Egypt on 8th of April 2009 and it is still on heathrew airport and today 17th of April 2009. It is now 10 days and it is still in UK...This is not acceptable!!!

• On
      20th of Oct, 2009
    DHL - Express delivery???
    England, Staffordshire
    United Kingdom

DHL are the WORSE service what i have ever expirienced. They shoul delivered my parcel at 15 Oktober(Express delivery), but i got leter from they in my post box at 20 of Oktober ( that was invitation to collect parcel from DHL office ( 4 mil from me)) !!!

24th of Feb, 2010
    DHL - Overcharging
    DHL Courier
    Pakistan

the DHL Pakistan are charging extra cash and causing undue delay in delivering the shipment. They are not even cooperating. The shipment is withheld and no negotiations are being allowed. It is really frustrating and horrible state of affairs.

• Ju
      21st of Mar, 2010

the personnel need to be trained... they are not on time as well with their deliveries. need to upgrade the personnel to compete with fedex riyadh.

• Cu
      11th of Jun, 2010

The DHL is rubbish! The driver couldn`t finde our home 3 times!I didn`t have delivery and have to cancel my items!!

• Wc
      27th of Oct, 2010
    DHL - MEANING OF DHL
    Malaysia

WHAT IS MEANING FOR DHL = ( DELIVERY HALFWAY LOST )

USELESS COMPANY, HOPELESS STAFF, DANGEROUS SERVICE, AND HIGHEST CHARGES!!!

• Ho
      6th of Dec, 2010
    DHL - Careless handling
    watch the video
    Saudi Arabia

HI
    Please have a look at this video:
    YouTube:

9th of Jan, 2011
    DHL - Parcel not recieved
    sports direct
    United Kingdom

I really cant believe it DHL was ment to have delivered my parcel, which I have not recieved! The are saying that I signed for the parcel but I wasnt bloody in nor was anyone else in the bloody sod!!!

• Me
      9th of Jan, 2011

The parcel was from sports direct, I dont know what I can do

• Da
      27th of Jan, 2011
    DHL - Shipment lost
    Aalto University
    Finland

I was supposed to recieve extremely urgent shipment from DHL which is now lost by postman. The postman is on vacation today and DHL thinks that it is very unappropriate to call him while its ok if they lost my shipment. DHL SUCKS. please people never ever use it.. it is totally unreliable. You will be really sorry..

• Le
      21st of Feb, 2011
    DHL - Useless post
    DHL

DHL is the most useless postal service in the whole world. You should get ready to start posting losses because am never going to use you again. You want more words? You will get it DHL IS USELES.