DHL / dhl non delivery and theft!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I contacted O2 about upgrading my contract on my mobile phone and getting a new phone after being with O2 for several years. I upgraded and was to receive a new O2 XDA pda phone in the post the following day. I received several E mails from O2 confirming the dispatch of the phone to DHL. I was given a tracking number to track the delivery and thus checked as to when this would delivered. I am a teacher so i requested the phone be delivered to the school where i could be summonsed by the Office staff to sign for my new phone. Upon looking at the tracking I found it telling me the item had been delivered and signed for by a Mr Taylor. I looked in the office and asked the office staff if anyone had seen or signed for a parcel from DHL. No one had. The head teacher of the school is Mr K Taylor. and this is written on the school sign however On the day of the delivery Mr Taylor was absent after an operation. The courier DHL told me it had been signed for by Mr Taylor and they had his signature, something impossible as he was not in school and had not be once I had spoken to him. DHL say they are investigating but cannot do much now hey have a signature. This is a joke as O2 May not replace the phone on the strength that it was signed for. What a rip off. If you want a new phone, do yourself a favor and avoid delivery, go t a shop.

Comments

• Gi
      16th of Apr, 2014

I had a package sent to my home from India. The company paid for the shipping and delivery. I got a notice on my phone a day before they said they were going to return it if I did not send $700.00 dollars for import tax and delivery. They did not say what the package was or where it was from but as I was not expecting anything else I knew what it was but did not know how to get in touch with them. I spent the whole morning on the computer to find my package and set them the money but I think it was a scam but don't know what to do about it. I would like to turn them to someone for investigation but don't know where to start.

• La
      17th of Dec, 2015

I'm a US citizen in Germany and needed to renew my passport. US Consulate Frankfurt requires a DHL express envelope for returning the passport. I did everything as instructed and tracked my passport coming back to me. DHL courier says he delivered the envelope today at 11:30 am. NO DELIVERY. NEVER ARRIVED. The DHL courier STOLE my PASSPORT!!! He was never here and entered false information saying he delivered the envelope. ( DHL is doing nothing about it. I now need to go to the police, travel 5 hours to the embassy in Berlin and wait 4 weeks for another. I have a flight in 2 weeks I must cancel. I also cannot pay for a hotel until another passport comes 4-6 weeks.