[Resolved] DHGate.com / wrong hair and length received

This is for PO# [protected], bought on 6/23/18 from seller EASYHAIRPRODUCTS. I wanted to buy some hair for braiding. I did my research and noticed that easyhairproducts had a high/good ratings. I contacted the seller BEFORE purchase and asked if the hair was for braiding/twist (as I didn't want a weave). They confirmed it was. So I purchased 3 lengths: 12, 14 and 16 inches.

I got the hair and noticed that it had a weft (usually this is for weaving), and 4 inches of waste/straight hair. That means to use the hair for braiding as intended you would have to cut off the 4 inches of hair dramatically reducing the length of the hair.

Also, the supposedly 16 inches bundle was actually 13 inches! I contacted the seller and told them I would like to return the hair; the hair had waste hair included in the length and the wrong length was sent. They went back and forth that I used the hair. I sent pictures through the chat that I only looked at the hair. It's the same as received. After over 20 emails, the seller finally agreed to give me a $20 discount if I promise not to write a review/feedback. I disagreed because $20 wasn't enough for me to allow them to rip off another customer. We exchanged 33 emails before I opened a dispute with DH GATE.

To get information on how to do this I did an online chat and the representative told DH GATE would not release the money to the seller until the dispute was resolved and "I'm happy."

I opened the dispute on July 10, 2018 and an analyst by the name of Lucy emailed me on 07.11.18. She requested "evidence" and I sent you pictures showing the length of the hair, the weft and the waste hair. she emailed me back, thanking me for the "strong evidence" and agreed that the waste hair shouldn't be included in the actual length of the seller must have a disclaimer on the site. She told me not to worry I will help you. Days past without a word. I kept emailing her until 07.22.18 she sent me an email that the seller sent her pictures of the hair they sold me. There were no attachments. I responded and asked how could the seller have pictures of the hair that I have in my possession. I know they do not take pictures of every bundle of hair they sold and they was no picture attached to her email.

I emailed her her on July 30th and 31st, no response. I did an online chat and was informed that the money was released to the seller! I was in shock. The dispute was still open. I was told DH GATE would not releasde the money until it's resoleved. I looked at the account and it says dispute closed.

The representative "Sid" ask me to show him screenshots of emails with Lucy. He noted that she said there was strong evidence so he wasn't sure why she released the money and closed the dispute (and didn't inform me). He was going to send her a message to reopen the case.

Well Lucy contacted me the day after the online chat, on 08.02.18, stating now that she has the evidence she'll contact the seller! Can you believe it? All those emails I sent her, all those pictures, and she agreed with me, then she ignored my emails for weeks, then released the money to the seller and closed the case.

DH GATE is a allowing some of these Chinese sellers to rip off Americans. But I won;t stop until I get back my money.

I should note that the seller wanted me to send back the hair after the dispute was opened and I disagreed. They wanted me to send the hair back, then they could lie that it came back damaged and so they would get both the hair and the money! (this was what I wanted to do before the dispute and they refused to pay the shipping after sending me the wrong hair and incorrect length).

Someone should make DH GATE accountable. Buyers are using their site and relying on them to screen their sellers or intervene honestly when a crooked seller slip through and rip off someone. "Lucy and Easyhairproducts are Chinese and probably had side conversations and decided to stiff me.

I need my money back/refund! DH Gate please do the right thing.

• Resolution statement

• Updated by NiceyLady, Aug 04, 2018

Here is a photo showing the money was released to seller! They ripped off my $195.

• Updated by NiceyLady, Aug 04, 2018

Email from Lucy on 07.17.18 acknowledging 'important" evidence received.

• Updated by NiceyLady, Aug 04, 2018

Email from Lucy on August 2, 2018 AFTER she closed the dispute WITHOUT letting me know and released my money to the crook who ripped me off.

• Updated by NiceyLady, Aug 04, 2018

Picture shows "dispute closed, " yet Lucy sent me an email o 08.02.18 letting me know she is contacting the seller. She is just trying to patronize me!
    (Please excuse the blurriness of the pictures. It's the best my cell phone is doing)

Also, I have numerous email correspondence and dozens of pictures, if you want them DH Gate. But I know I need back my money.

Thank you.

• DHGate.com Customer Care's Response, Aug 05, 2018

Hi NiceLady,

We checked that your dispute was closed because you did not provide sufficient evidence for your case. We suggest that you send a message to the seller and negotiate on a resolution. If they agree on a refund, please ask him to leave a message for you saying 'I agree to refund you $***'. Once the seller agrees, send us a screenshot then you can contact us again and we will arrange the refund for you. If they don’t agree to refund, we cannot operate for you too.

If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to contact us through the following link and choose online chat: https://goo.gl/hvEzdN or send email to: [protected]@DHgate.com

Regards,
    Riane
    Customer Service Center
    DHgate.com

• Updated by NiceyLady, Aug 18, 2018

Raine, " all of you at DHGATE are crooks! "If the seller doesn't agree we can't help." I was going to take these to the police to show that DHGATE is allowing these thieves from China to rob buyers.

I have emails from "Lucy" telling me I gave provided STRONG evidence and the seller didn't. She was going to tell the seller to issue refund.

So you're saying one thing and someone else another. I'm collecting all the emails, the chat calls I saved and what you just said to contradict all the lies DHGATE has been telling me. You're all very dishonest people.

BUYERS BEWARE!!! STAY AWAY FROM DHGATE!!!

I won't stop until I get my money. So you rob the wrong person. Shame on DHGATE for allowing this to happen!

Nicey

Dear Niceylady,
    Good day!
    We are now help you resolve this case, don't worry, we are contacting the seller and will tell you the results since we have received your evidence again.
    [protected]@dhgate.com

• Updated by NiceyLady, Aug 18, 2018

See below the last email I got from "Lucy." Yet Raine you're just noted above that I DID NOT submit evidence. All buyers please see below. I'm unable to upload the pdf. But I have all these emails thjat I'm using to build a case against DHGATE.

That's why I'm sticking with AMAZON!!! At least I can call and get a customer service representative, that also speaks English, and Amazon would not allow crooks to rip off buyers!!!

Re: Fw: Dispute for order # [protected]
    [protected]@dhgate.com Aug 6 at 5:00 AM
    To
    DHgate
    Message body
    Dear Niceylady,
    The seller's evidence is invalid.don't worry, you can send it back to the seller for a full refund, we will continue to help you.

[protected]@dhgate.com

• Updated by NiceyLady, Aug 18, 2018

Please note this is AFTER I got an email that they released my money to the seller!!! I went onlinr and the dispute was CLOSED!!! All crooks over at DHGATE! But the fight continues because you won't just take my money and I let it go. I'm contacting every agency in America until someone starts to investigate DHGATE. $195 you robbed from me is going to cost you much, much, much more!!!

Nicey

• DHGate.com Customer Care's Response, Aug 26, 2018

Hi Nicey,

We checked that your dispute was closed because you were no able to provide a sufficient evidence to prove your claim on the dispute.

Regards,
    Riane
    Customer Service Center
    DHgate.com

• Updated by NiceyLady, Sep 29, 2018

DH GATE.com is a crook and very dishonest. I have over 50 emails but yet you were unable to contact me. Buyers stay away from these crooks! They are working with Chinese sellers to rob your money. You should be ashamed of yourselves DH GATE!. I wait anxiously for the law to catch up with you and shut you down permanently! Thieves!

Ni