Dex OneAdvertising error

1 Review updated:

I have been a loyal customer to Dex One for about 7 years now. I have always placed an ad in the yellow pages for our heating and cooling business. In 2010 I decided I would like to place a larger ad to increase our business exposure. Our company has expanded tremendously over the last couple of years due to our outstanding reputation and our knowledge in the field. Dex charged me a $160.00/mo for a dollar bill size ad to place our company in the yellow pages. The ad that was placed had incorrect information about our company such as our phone number among numerous other problems. The graphics team was handed the ad to place in the yellow pages. There was virtually know way to make a mistake! Dex is only willing to honor a partial credit adjustment. It states on the back of their statement that if the phone number is incorrect in the ad they will honor a 100% adjustment.

Do not use this company for advertisement!!!The customer service department is very unprofessional (rude).The graphics team has very little experience in creating ads. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy! If you live in Missoula, MT or the Bitterroot Valley stick with the Yellow Book, Bitterroot Directory or Blackfoot Directory!

Sa

Comments

• Ga
      Nov 28, 2011

I, too, had numerous problems with Dex One. They uploaded a video to my web ad WITHOUT my knowledge or consent and the content of that video was so poor I was embarrassed to have it there. We own a Mom and Pop jewelry store that designs and creates fine jewelry and the video they uploaded showed a crappy piece of jewelry that WASN'T EVEN ours as we as a female that was not our employee. That would be like Dex One putting a Pizza Hut pizza in a Dominos video- totally un-professional and a good basis for a lawsuit. I cancelled ALL my advertising with them, which they acknkowledged with the exception of the time frame the video was online, about $37 which they have told me numerous times they will not credit. I told them okay, but I will NEVER pay this bill and I look forward to having them sue me so I can counter-sue for harassment as well as damaging our tremendous reputation with their TERRIBLE video. Do not EVER do business with this company, EVER!!

Gary Youngberg- President
    Ames Silversmithing
    220 Main
    Ames, Iowa 50010
    [protected]

• Ke
      Jul 10, 2012

I was in the same position. One of our employees signed us up for a contract without our knowledge and we are stuck in the contract paying over 6k a month! I am at a company that does equipment/event rental and they had equipment that we don't even carry in the video. I also noticed that if you have an online account they guarantee a certain number of "actions". (website clicks, phone calls, etc.) After looking at the "actions key" on our online account I noticed that ONE phone call equals 5 actions! Dex is so misleading! I have tried to stop the video and they will not reduce or drop our bill. Did you have any luck with your situation?