Dex Media / Yellow Pages / Fraudulent contracts/sales practices

1 Clackamas, OR, United States Review updated:

The details of my complaint are similar to other small business owners' complaints against Dex. A sale person visits or calls you. Someone, anyone at your place of business INITIALS a tentative agreement, await their artwork for approval-- In the meantime, you decide against their proposed plan (or in our case, the company owner never authorized ANYTHING and pulled the agreement entirely), but DEX has already turned your tentative agreement into a CONTRACT and holds you to it.

They actually billed us correctly based on our FINAL agreement (a simple $44/mo. listing) the first month. Then they pulled up that tentative agreement and decided they would just start billing based on that. When you complain, they send you to their arbitration dept. The people are rude, demeaning, use profanity, and use conversation and language you would expect to hear if you were being mugged on the street, NOT in a business phone call.

Many of the complaints on this board are fishing for class action lawsuit information, but no one is answering.
My question is simply this:

WHO is suing them and where are you? We are looking for an attorney in Boulder County. Does ANYONE have a real solution to this belligerence?

Cp
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• In
      13th of Jun, 2017

Dex media was fraudulent with me as well. My daughter talked with them a few times as we considered using them. We were about to sign on and give them my checking acct so they could do direct withdrawals...That was the end of conversing. I tried calling a few times. The sales gal never returned my calls, so I just supposed that they weren't interested. 6 months later I get bills and calls telling me i owe them 6 months for their service. They said my daughter did a voice agreement that they have on tape and they are holding me to it. I said, we never completed the deal and there are no signs you helped my business. Nothing has changed and I've gotten very few calls over the last 6mths. Its a little start up business. They said i signed a years lease and i would be charged for every month. They ran the bill up to over 2000 dollars before cancelling.. I even talked to them on the phone a few times with the billing guy. He even said if folks don't pay after two months they are cancelled. So I said, why didn't you cancel me and why did you wait 6 months before sending me a bill. They said their system failed but now it was working. Now its in collections and has effected my credit scores in a bad way. So frustrating. I Tried so hard to clear up the problem but they just decided to scam me anyway. What can I do????

• De
      14th of Jun, 2017

@Interior Touch Up Hi - I'm sorry to hear of the issues outlined. We have located the account and our Client Care team will be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns regarding this matter. Thank you, Ed!

• Eq
      3rd of Mar, 2011

Dex media is a fraud. I had a contract with them, they then sent me a renewal form, I wrote CANCEL in big letters across the renewal form. I mailed it back to them, they did not cancel it and proceeded to send me bills, I wrote them numerous letters, I called them numerous times. Every time I called I got a run around. Now they have a collection agency after me, and get this, they still put my name in their rotten phone book. I would recommend never doing business with this fraudulent company, they lie cheat and proceed to try and sue you for a contracts even if you cancel them or refuse their services

• Te
      20th of Jul, 2009

I am a real estate agent in C.S. I have been a client of Dex for 8 years. Every year I met with their representative and every year signed a new agreement. In October of 2008 their representative called and asked to met with me to sign a new agreement. I told him I could not afford it anymore with the economy being so bad. That I would not be doing another agreement. He said he was sorry to hear that and that was the end of the conversation. In January 2009 I received a bill for my new ad. I called and said what new ad that I had not renewed it. The girl on the phone said they had not received a letter and therefore they automatically renewed it. I said you can't do that and she said oh yes we can. They are telling me I must pay the $1200 monthly amount that I agreed the year before. I have refused and now they are going to turn it over to collections. I filed a claim with their Claim's department and that was a waste of time. They do not care and are refusing to help me in any way. Does anyone know of someone else that has had this problem? Is there an attorny out there who would represent me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

13th of Jul, 2009

I also was a target of DEX. We are another small business who was targeted by a DEX sales rep. They spoke with the owner of the company, and the sales rep said "if you decide to not go forward with this, call me within a day, and we can cancel it". In less then 24 hours, the owner of our company called to cancel, with no returned phone call. After 3 phone calls and messages, still no returned phone call. We tried calling customer service to report the issue, and they were rude saying that it doesn't matter what the rep said, they have a strict no cancellation policy. These practices are unethical. We've been batteling this company now for 1 full year.

• Ca
      2nd of May, 2009

This looks like a who is who on complaining about Dex Media? I bet most of you guys are the people that will tell everybody how the yellow pages does not work? Then we find out it actually does not work for you, as you struggle to sell your product or service...just a guess and don't take offense. I just wonder how much of your issue with Dex is caused by you. I know in my business experience the customers cause alot of there own problems, does that apply here? I have purchased these products myself and always found the experience good and if problems happened they always solved them?