[Resolved] Dex Media / phone book advertising

Bristol, TennesseeBristol, United States

These guys called last year and asked for us to renew which we did not renew, we said we had different arrangements for our advertising, they were very pushy and kept calling, I said no every time.

That was 5 months ago and I just found out they have been billing our (AUTOMATICALLY RENEWED ACCOUNT) even though I refused to renew with them!

I called customer service, poor English, talks from a flow chart, no supervisor, the resolution center has odd hours and not available?

For example, Customer " Hi I have a question about my bill" Customer service "I am very sorry your having trouble, would you like to make a payment for $57 today?"

How is that customer service exactly? Its the same as blindly paying the bill without receiving the service, oh wait that's what they want!

I asked for proof of the approval of ad and contract which they can not provide because they didn't get one.

Next step? Attorney General?

I don't know why they want to fight so bad, just bad publicity for them and it makes you not want to use their service in the future even if it made sense to do so.

Pete - Vancouver WA

• Resolution statement

• Dex Media Customer Care's Response, Jun 19, 2017

Hi Pete - I'm sorry to hear of the matter outlined and apologize for any inconvenience experienced as a result. We'd like to look into this matter for you with hopes of working toward a resolution. If you would, please reply here via direct message or via email at [protected]@dexmedia.com, providing your business name/address, and a preferred contact number for prompt follow up. Thank you, Ed!

• Dex Media Customer Care's Response, Jun 23, 2017

Hi again! Chris, in our Client Care Department has advised that he was able to reach out to you in response to your outlined concerns. Chris stated that he was able to resolve the matter to your satisfaction. I want to thank you for allowing us to assist you. - Ed

Va