Destiny Research Group/Maria Duval / Never got lucky dates/paid $40

1 IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 847 421 1481

I answered an ad from the National Enquirer (my first mistake!) regarding a FREE astrological reading from Destiny Research Group, aka Maria Duval. I mailed away. After all, it was free. I then received a basic reading, which was pretty impressive, but in retrospect, could have applied to most people in my situation. I received several letters after that trying to sell me medalions of good luck or lucky potions, etc. I didn't give in. However, when I got one to give me some lucky dates when special things were going to happen in my life, I did get suckered in and sent $40 to Destiny Research Group in California. This was over 6 weeks ago. I never got my lucky dates.

Does anyone know how to get my money back? I am going to try and file with the California state's attorney.

Comments

• To
      20th of May, 2009

There is free software on a site: http://www.mywot.com/ (Web of Trust) that you can download/install and if anyone's rated a site as unreliable, your screen will have a transparent block page form over it to see if you really want to go there. You may of course go ahead, or you can look at the reason(s) (if the rater posted it/them) for a "poor" or "unreliable" rating.

There is a little widget that will appear in your toolbar after installation and YOU can rate sites as well and post a comment concerning your rating.

This doesn't rectify your issue but it might give you a little satisfaction knowing that you can hurt their business a bit and warn others as well, should you wish to.

...Todd

• Su
      23rd of Jun, 2009

Her lucky date was the day she fleeced you out of 40 clams. That is alot of money these days. Don't throw it away to these people.

• Ha
      19th of Jul, 2009

consult another psychic to see where your money went

or read some tea leaves, or extract some entrails, or shout at distant stellar bodies for answers

haha

now visit http://exwitch.org/ for some free advice and enlightenment

15th of Sep, 2009

i have a letter from maria duval but its in nvis she real

• Me
      19th of Sep, 2009

I'm not sure if Maria Duval is real or not, but I noticed that the letters that come to me
    have dates to do something in order to get good luck, but by the time I get the letter
    the days has already passed. I do know that there is some people in the world who are real Phychic, I just wish there was a way to find them without making so many mistakes.

• Mi
      25th of Sep, 2009

Go to [redacted] and there is a lot of people that got riped off and maybe thay know where you can go to get your money back. Check it out Also i hear that the real Maia Duval is dead and she did voodoo before she died. I know one thing i would never want to get into anything that has to do with someone that was into voooodoooo Yiks!!

• Ba
      5th of Dec, 2009

When did you hear she supposedly died: I mean what date and year? I never heard that she did voodoo. Her old literature said she was the ONLY psychic ever granted an audience with Pope John Paul, literature from 2002-2003, picture shows her with the Pope.
    In 2003, I ordered several products from Maria Duval, when she had the Long Island office, usually just crystals and astrology medallion. I did have to wait 1 year for an exchange though. I kept writing and writing to her Long Island office for 1 year: never got an answer. One day the exchange finally showed up!
    From the Sparks, Nevada office I only ordered a few things. I did get the ring, 1 crystal; then 1 product NEVER came! Amazingly, the crystal came within 2 weeks! The other product, I wrote with the original order that I needed it by a certain date: it never came. I wrote to her for a refund because the date I needed it by was past: the product never came. I'm waiting for an answer now. I never asked for a refund before. I wonder if the Post Office lost the product? I cannot figure out why the first product I ordered in Oct. 2009 : was delivered to me within 2weeks, and the second product I ordered in Oct. never came.

• Da
      16th of Nov, 2010

Maria Duval has been sending me 3 or 4 letters a week for several weeks now, with supposed psychic information she has received about me, which would hit some true mark in a specific population, such as people who have been plagued by bad luck all their lives, and are on the edge financially. In every letter, she has offered such things as talismans, an astr0clairvoyant study, the Triskel Talisman Medallion, etc. - always for the "discounted" price of $45 for each item. Finally, I actually wrote her a letter on 11/5/10, stating that every penny I have must go to maintaining my home and caring for my pets. I enclosed a check for $45 for the Triskel Talisman, stating that would be the only money I could spend for her {":psychic friendship". That hasn't stopped her. She continues to write letters with offers of secrets and rituals, for $45 apiece, never referring to my letter to her. Her letters are 6 or 8 pages long. I have not received the Triskel Talisman, of course. I intend to request a refund, and find the proper channel for filing a complaint. She preyed on my vulnerability, and I bit.