Destination Movers / Extortion and Load Hostaging
Attention everyone that has had any problems with Destination Movers- please contact me immediately. A group of us are gathering to make sure they stop their illegal practices.
We CAN do something about this. They are violating major federal and state laws and regulations housed under Department of Transportation, Consumer Protection, FBI, etc...the list goes on. They can lose their DOT license for engaging in "load hostaging" which is, in fact, a mover providing an estimate than refusing delivery unless twice, three, four times as much is paid in cash. This is ILLEGAL and they need complaints filed against them to the DOT. Also, the FBI investigated a case in 2004 involving 74 moving companies based out of Florida for the same crimes. They prosecuted all of them.
I, too, have had the same experience with destination movers, with pick-up, delivery, threats to throw my things away if I didn't show up in a different state and pay cash because they don't accept credit card, rudeness and bad customer service, etc. This is extortion. PLEASE email me. Individually it is difficult to fight them, but collectively we can show that this is standard and methodical criminal operating procedures on their part! Thank you,
More Destination Movers Complaints & Reviews
- Destination Movers - Holding furniture & belongings 
- Destination Movers - THIEVES, SCAMS, and LIARS 
- Destination Movers - Important information please read
- Destination Movers - Awful experience 
- Destination Movers - Our Move 
- Destination Movers - extortion & hostage of your belongings 
- Destination Movers - Awful company 
- Destination Movers - WORST MOVERS