Destination Movers / Holding furniture & belongings

Miami Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-530-8646

Destination Movers picked up our furniture and belongings from Tobyhanna, Pa. on Aug.17, 2008. We agreed to have our belongings delivered to our new apartment in Bellport, NY September 6. That date was cancelled by us due to inclement weather. It was agreed that our things would be delivered on Wednesday 9/10 and no one came. We called the company and was told they didn't have a driver and would deliver our things the next day Thursday 9/11. Again no one showed. Sunday morning (14th), our day of worship, the driver of the truck called while we were in church to say they were on the way to deliver and needed directions to our place. We had no idea they were coming. The drivers, Johnny and Issac promised to bring our things on Monday (15th) morning since we didn't know of the arrangements to deliver. Monday came, no one showed so we called the company again and was told no one would be delivering our things that day. They said they would call us on Wednesday 9/17 to deliver. Of course no one showed and we called back again. When we complained of the way they were doing business they threaten to hold our things another 30 days. I called again on Thursday 9/18 to tell them we were willing to pick up our own things just tell us where they were and was informed we had to pay over $2000 first then they would tell us where our belongings were being held. We agreed at the beginning of the contract to a month of free storage. I was already told that if I reached out to get help to get our belongings they would hold our things another 30 days and now they want to charge extra for storage. The total for pick up and delivery was over $4000. We paid half and we're willing to pay the other half but not all the other trumped up fees for storage. We have found out the owner of the company is a Bruce Kidd [protected]-249-2172). We've also found out that Destination Movers have had numerous complaints against them. Every time we call we're given a wide range of excuses, for instances, "no truck available, truck is being inspected, we'll be there in the next 2 to 3 days". Throughout the process we have asked for a minimum advance notice of 24 hours so we accommodate their schedule. They refuse to comply. All we want are our belongings
intact without all the other fees. Please help us. Before leaving our location in Pa., we asked the drivers where will our belongings be held? They responded a warehouse in New Jersey.

Comments

Mi
  20th of Sep, 2008
I went through one of the most horrific moves in my life with them! I still have a hard time thinking about it and am financially still in a hole because of it!!! They will keep charging you till you call the police and get your contract out to show extortion! I'm so sorry you have to go through this!!! I had to call a lawyer and file a claim with my homeowners! I lost priceless art, custom furniture ect!! This was everything I had and was brand new after a recent divorce! CALL THE POLICE AND GET THE TRUCKS LICENSE NUMBER ! Find out where the warehouse is and take the police!! THEY HAVE STOLEN YOUR STUFF!!! Also make sure you get everything!! I'm missing BOXES of stuff!!!
Ya
  9th of Oct, 2008
I have exactly the same experience -- the only difference is the pick up time/location and destination. It has already been two months since they picked up my items. So far we have not seen our items yet. There are too many similar complaints about this company and I think the law enforcement should get involved in. We also need to file something to the FL goverment. We cannot tolerate these bad apples and we should kick them out of the country.
Gr
  3rd of Nov, 2008
We have filed similar complaints on /link removed/ and you should read some of those. All the exact same reports. We waited over 2 months for our stuff only to have it come back half broken and the other half completely water logged from a hole in the trailer. We also are filing a lawsuit and hopefully these scammers will be out of business soon. Did we mention that they charged us over double what the contract stated and had the nerve to ask for a tip at the end!!! This was after dropping five boxes!!! DUH!!!
An
  13th of Nov, 2008
Yeah this is completely wrong and i do see a pattern with these people because i too had a similar experience different day different city/state. There needs to be something done about this company for good they cant keep doing this to people. But karma will come and bite them on the butt sooner then u think.

Please contact me asap i know of someone who can help us get justice.

Thanks,