Destination Movers Inc / Destination Movers Fraud Victim

1 20442 Ne 15th Ct,North Miami Beach Fl 33179Miami Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-620-8646

I will write this simple with no profanities.

Put a request on online Moving portals. I have got calls from around 10 companies.

Judith from Destination Movers, was the one who called me and followed up with me on my move. Since I travel a lot I did not have real good time on hand for this Cross Country move. So decided to go with Destination Movers, as they are following up on time and a similar quote ($5.45 for Cu Ft) most other companies. Some Companies had given Quote in Double this fig but it was only 1 out of 10 companies that contacted me.

Pickup Date Sat July 12 2008: Did not show up?

Next Day: The Call me Up at 10 in the morning. And they come with minimum packaging stuff. I have all my Boxes saved for everything I have bought. So they end up using the same boxes for packaging fragile material and charge me for that.
I have the flight next day, I felt rather than getting tensed and fighting with them its better I just go with them rather than wasting $500 on flight ticket again.

So ended up signing the moving documents.

I did the most of the work, as they are not packaging properly. These people can hardly speak English.
Ended up paying $500 more than estimate.

Waited 15 days called them up for delivery date. No response. Called 3 days repeatedly got fedup and complained to County Police.

County police wants to help but they say its civil matter. Well how can this be civil matter when 8-10 people have already been victimized and Destination Movers is also actively taking in new customers to cheat them?

Everyone who read this please respond. We have to collectively work and bring this Corporation to Justice.

As I write this I got an email Michael Rosenbloom Joined Our Group of Destination Movers Victims !

Srinivas Kolli

Comments

6th of Aug, 2008

Let it be known: please dont make false statements

GENERAL INFORMATION
    REGARDING HOSTAGE LOAD SITUATIONS ON SHIPMENTS
    MOVING IN INTERSTATE COMMERCE
    A carrier has a lien on the property it is transporting for freight charges and any other charges lawfully
    incurred on that shipment. The lien is specific to that shipment, however, and does not extend to other
    shipments which have moved under other bills of lading. Thus, a carrier may withhold delivery of a
    shipment until all charges relative to that particular shipment are paid. The carrier may not, however,
    withhold delivery of one shipment to enforce the collection of past due freight charges on another shipment.
    When a carrier does hold one shipment hostage to force the payment of freight charges on another
    shipment, it arguably commits the following offenses:

• As
      7th of Aug, 2008
    Destination Movers Inc - MY MOVE
    Destination Movers Inc

Hello my name is Ashley and I recently hire Destination Movers to help me with my move from Macon, Georgia to Houston, Texas. After reading some of the comments from other customers, I feel obligated to say that my family and I had a good experience with them. I contacted them because my sister in law also moved with them and had no problems. Im pretty sure that not everybody takes a time to write a good review, but I will.

• Ry
      7th of Aug, 2008

COOLCOLI:

Your story is very similar to many others including myself - a lot more than 8-10. Please send me an email with the link above. I would love to talk to you more about your situation. We have almost a dozen people now and will be taking these guys down in due time.

What they are doing is completely illegal (we can share plenty of info with you), and what Max commented above was just a copy/paste job from another comment and doesn't address your concerns at all. Not to scare you anymore, but this company may or may not deliver your goods in the same condition in which they were picked up. I wound up flying back to Georgia to pick up my things after paying them to go away.

Please contact me and we will help each other through this nightmare. ALSO - if you know of ANYONE ELSE who has used DM, please share my contact information with them once you email me.

12th of Nov, 2008

Please contact me i have some useful info that i would like to share with you.