Destination Movers / THIEVES, SCAMS, and LIARS

1 FL, United States Review updated:

My name is Kathryn Sullivan and I have been lied too, stolen from and lost itmes I can never replace.
It all started of course like all the stories I have read, they tell you this price and it ends up another. You have no choice but to pay it since it is your belongings.
I knew I was in trouble when the truck finally arrived, they opened the door and my things fell out of the truck onto the ground. Max had called and told me they (movers) had to use $475.00 worth of packing supplies. Yet, when truck arrived the only thing that was used was a small piece of bubble wrap and one long piece of tape. I have asked over and over again, for paper work to prove to me what they used.
Then of course along the way the price went up from $1035, to $2375. and then an extra $75.00 to move upstairs.
Missing was a grandfather clock, my tv, clothes, dishes, pots and pans, but most important a pedestal to an 5 generation oak antique table. They called for I was highly upset and was told for the movers to go to home depot and buy some 2 x 4's.
I have sent my letter to the BBB, and to the Attorney Generals office and just received a letter today from The Division of Consumer Services, Bureau of Mediation and Enforcement, most positive letter yet. Her name is Sheryl Ann Fountain, her phone number is [protected] and her fax number is [protected]. She seems to really care, she states that she is sending complaint to MAX and we all know how he lies, steals, and hides. So, I am ready for his letter and I will fight.
No one should have to deal with this. The items I have lost I know in heart of hearts I will never see again, my clothes, my tv can be relaced but the lose of the grandfather clock is something I can not replace. I want to some how stop MAX, and all the other crooks that work there. I have filed a claim with their so called insurance company and guess what to no surprise I have not heard from them. I will not stop until MAX makes it right with all the people he has stolen from.
I was treated worse than anyone human being should of been treated. MAX stand up and make this right. And get this, my boxes had been opened. My daughter personally packed, labeled and taped all boxes, but yet when they got here, they had been gone through. Guess they take want they want and leave you with what they dont want. PLEASE LETS STOP THIS COMPANY FROM EVER BEING ABLE TO DO THIS TO ANOTHER FAMILY.

Comments

27th of Oct, 2008

Omg i feel for you and it also happened to me too Hun and your right no one should have to go through what we have. please have that lady you are talking about send me an e-mail i would like to file a complaint with her as well.

• Ya
      6th of Nov, 2008

I have similar and even worse experience with Destination Movers Inc -- a company composed of some robbers. I am in the process of filing my complaint.

• Li
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Destination Movers - I am going to Sue Max and Rueben!
    Destination Movers
    Miami
    Florida
    Phone: 866-620-8646
    destinationmovers.com

This has been the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. When they arrived to move my things, they were hours late and very rude. At the end of the move, they ended up charging me for tape rolls and blankets they didn't use, which in turn, caused my quote of $500 to increase to $800. I notified Max and Rueben that I would need 6 months of storage and I would notify them once I found a home in NC. I was quoted at $60 per month.

At the end of the 6 months, I called to obtain my things, and was told the following: My storage would now be $121 (vs. 60), they would be able to deliver my things within 21 days, although a date could not be provided and that I would received a 72 hours notice of when my stuff was available. I called them after a week to inquire if my stuff was on it's way and was told that someone would call me. Two days later, I called them to let them know that I had to work that weekend and wanted to make sure that the delivery would not come. Arna, a woman employed there, noted our conversation and said she would tell Max and the driver that Monday worked best.

I received a phone call from that driver on Saturday stating he was at my house (and I was at-work...hours away). I told him that Arna said Monday would be fine and he replied "Ok. I will come back Monday" I called Monday morning to get an idea of when he would come and he told me to call the office. I called the office and was told that I owed an additional $500 for a redelivery fee and that if I didn't send them a check for $2, 110 (including my "new"storage fee) within 7 business days, they would put my furniture on the auction block. I refused to send them any money until I see my things. I requested to see them and they told me "I wasn't allowed to go to their storage and view my things".

Today is day one of the seven days. I am currently in the process of involving not only a lawyer and attornal general of the state on NC...but I am soon to call the police as they are now committing a federal offense. Hopefully I will be able to obtain my things (in their originial condition) without having to go to litigation.

I am not going down without a fight!

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

• Mi
      3rd of Jun, 2016

I too, as well as many many, have had the same if not worse with Max and Reuben and still not over the shock of being raped of your personal belongings and money!!! I'm so very sorry and hang in there and fight! I turned the whole fight over to Travelers Insurance because I could no longer deal with these people emotionally and move to a new state ect ect. I am missing my most prized piece of art, furniture and receveied damaged pieces that were beyond repair (literally laying in the driveway in broken pieces!!!) :( :( :( My move cost me what was supposed to be 1800 for a complete move ended up costing me a little over 5, 000 which 1/2 had to be FED EX Postal Money Order to Reuben ASAP before they would start traveling down to Fla! Needless to say they promised my things in a week which turned out to be three weeks (everyday they said it would be "tomorrow") while myself and two small children slept on one air matress in an empty house! I can't even go on because it only gets worse; the police had to come and watch the delivery...Bless you and so sorry! Hang in there and get police to help you and have other there when they deliver to witness the move with a camera and document everything!!! Good luck! Michelle

3rd of Jun, 2016

I as well had been raped and scammed by this moving company its a terrible thing and something needs to be done about it but what? What can be done besides suing and complaining yes it makes you feel better but it doesn't get your stuff back. I as well and continuing to fight them till my dieing breath if i have to but they have taken from you stuff u may never get back especially your pride and dignity. there horrible manipulative people and karma will bite them in the ### just you wait and see they will get theres.

• Fr
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Destination Movers - Liars, Thieves and Scam artists!!!
    Destination Movers
    Colorado Springs
    Colorado

I don’t even know where to begin! My wife and I moved from NY to CO on May 15, 2008. We looked for a moving company that would move us cross-country while we drove across. Unfortunately, we found Destination Movers. They were scheduled to arrive on Wednesday the 14th to pick our stuff up, but they encountered delay after delay, and although I was promised two to three times that they would be there “no later than” 5:30pm on Wed., they showed up at our house at 10:30pm! They were not finished packing us up until 2am, knowing very well that we were leaving to start out cross-country drive at 4am!! Then the fun REALLY started! What started out as a “good deal” priced at $2, 500 quickly DOUBLED at 2am, once all our stuff was on the truck and we were all exhausted, the bill was now $4, 900!!! We had no choice but to say ok. Well fast forward 5 months, our stuff was just destroyed! My wife had antique dresser and vanity that was just ruined!! My dresser is still missing but the mirror somehow made it! My wife’s clothes are still missing! They stole all my Paintball gear! OUR MATTRESS AND BOXSPRING ARE STILL MISSING!! Get this, they delivered a brand new mattress to us that did not belong to us and the driver Ron said to my wife “just keep it and don’t say anything”, CAN YOU BELIEVE THESE PEOPLE!?!?!?!?!!? We wrote on all of our boxes FRAGILE in big letters on every side and they still came smashed with holes in them! These people have avoided us like the plague and have just simply said we don’t care we have your money and tough luck! PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM UNLESS YOU WANT A SIMILAR FATE! Max, Anna, Erika, and Mike Moore all just seemed so disinterested and cared very little that we have not had our mattress for over a month and 5 days! If any one has any suggestions please email me fd2313@aol.com.