Designs in Mica and Wood / The boss is never honest and can't be trusted at his word

1 United States

Designs in Mica and Wood owner Paul keeps telling me that they do great work and can make all their defects go away but after dealing with them for over a year now it has not happened. Their employees come to our home with shoddy tools at best and are several young boys in there early 20's without training. The owner calls and blames his problems on the workers and the workers say the boss is never honest and can't be trusted at his word.

My wife and I spent about 30k with this Company and can't get file holders for the desk unit they call customer built. When the draws are empty they work great when we put our files in them they don't close. The owners comments " I'll fix that my guys screwed up" he makes the appt. and misses it. We call him back he says " that's a lot of ### I told my guys to keep that appt." still no file draws. Frankly it's so bad our guests say go to Harry and Phyllis's house and you can see what not to buy.

The shelf unit on our 3rd floor is also a comedy of errors. Self ends that don't meet or match meeting parts. Large gaps near walls filled with cheap pcs. of quarter round wood. Their own employees said you are very nice people and I can't understand why they didn't measure this right or correct it when the owner of the Company saw the condition it was in.

He is not doing anything, he will not return our calls and I think it is a good idea to see if you folks can do anything for us. We threatened Lawyers and at this point have decided to : 1st complaints .com ( a good friend referred us) 2nd ask for your help with the TV Stations (they should be out of business before they hurt anyone else) 3rd State of FL Attorney General this has happened enough that it might be a reasonable consumer fraud case.

I am reaching out for Jeff Weller an e-mail address would be helpful

Respectfully
Harry

Company details:

Designs in Mica and Wood
101 glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33432
Contact Person Paul (owner)

Ha