DesignerBrandOutlet.com / Money sent, item never received!

PO Box 197Pymble Business Center, New South Wales, Australia Review updated:
Phone: (02) 8005 0188

BEWARE - This company is a nightmare to deal with. No Item Received, no response to emails and $186 out of pocket.

I purchased a DVF dress on 30th Nov 2007. 2nd Dec I was emailed confirming that my item has been posted and was given a DHL tracking number (bogus #) as 4th Dec 2007 I was emailed by Lucy in Administration stating that the dress was out of stock and there would be a 2-3 week delay so where they got the DHL tracking number for my supposedly shipped item I don't know. Tue 24th Dec 2007 I was emailed again by Lucy stating that the dress was now in stock and would be posted that Friday 28th Dec 2007. TO DATE 18th Jan 2008 I have still not received my DVF dress. I have emailed the company at least 20 times on every email address given on their website and I have not had 1 reply since chasing up my purchase. I have rung the phone# provided on their website at least 20 times and it is never answered, just an answering machine. No-one has replied to my phone messages or emails in regard to this matter

I have had no option but to report this online company to the proper authorities to investigate. My advise to anyone thinking of purchasing designer dresses from www.designerbrandoutlet.com to try calling the phone number provided [protected] as I have never had a call answered and I STRONGLY advise you pay through PAYPAL to ensure some kind of protection if you encounter the same nightmare I have when dealing with this company.

If you have had a similar experience with purchasing from this company please lodge a complaint with -

Comments

Ch
  7th of Feb, 2008
This company is shady. They say that they operate out of Australia but the merchandise came in packaging from CHINA. When I compared the BCBG dress I bought from DBO with the authentic one from the store, there were differences in the labelling. The DBO one was sewn loosely on the dress and used a different size scale. The authentic one goes by S,M,L and the DBO used a number scale. Also, the DBO had a zipper where the real one did not. I also bought a D&G jacket and two Chloe dresses, which were obviously knock-offs as well. When I attempted to return the merchandise, it took a week to finally get an email from "Lucy" who sent me a return form. The return address was not to Australia, but again to CHINA. I should've known it was a scam right there and then, but hindsight is 20/20. So I returned my items and have been waiting since January 18th, 2008 (today is February 7th, 2008) not only for my refund but for any sort of response. I have emailed numerous times to all of the emails listed on their website to no avail. I finally filed a complaint with www.econsumer.gov. There is a link to the Australian agency's website where you can ask that your case be investigated. The agency's email address is infocentre@accc.gov.au.

Do NOT buy from this company. It all goes back to that saying, if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't. The "reviews" they have on their website are probably not real either.

If this Australian agency cannot help, I will bring my complaint to the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center. http://www.ic3.gov/
Da
  10th of Mar, 2008
I ordered a BCBG dress, they took payment of 186.00 from my credit card and never sent the dress. Never responded to over 40 emails sent to them on a daily basis.

this company is by far the worst company I have ever had to deal with.
Lo
  12th of Apr, 2008
I ordered a Catherine Malandrino dress, designer brand outlet took payment of $189 and sent an email confirming order was shipped on the 6th March 2008.
It is now 13th April and still no dress. I only live a 6 hour drive away.
I have sent numerous emails and call a minium of once a day, and have not received a response.
I will be lodging a complaint with the Office of Fair trading come Monday.
I doubt if I will ever see my dress or my money back, but I will be happy if this site gets shut down for good.
DO NOT purchase goods from this site!
Ma
  16th of Apr, 2008
Hi Girls
I am also trying to get hold of the DesignerBrandoutlet they say that their address is up on the Central Coast of NSW at the Entrance and my Credit Card payment was made to someone in Marsfield near Epping so I am also waiting on the product I am going to call
my bank and have the credit card payment reversed if I can.
As they do not have my signature they can have the payment disputed.
I thought it was too good to be true.
All the Best Maria
Sa
  23rd of Apr, 2008
Bought a dress from them. I received it ok, but as mentioned before it came from china **** WARNING BELLS*** Can almost gurantee its a cheap knockoff. It was a while arriving - as others have found, dont bother wasting money trying to call the listed number... and my emails went unanswered and agree that the tracking number is just a laugh, not even relevant.
If you read the website information you will notice it is written by someone who has english as a second language...
Mi
  22nd of May, 2008

DesignerBrandOutlet.com - Scam website
DesignerBrandOutlet.com
United Kingdom
www.DesignerBrandOutlet.com

Ordered a dress in the sale, should have realized it was too good to be true. Received email that item was shipped and then straight after, a mail saying item is sold out. No response to first email so yes believe company to be fraudulent. How can we close them down? Bright ideas anyone...
El
  25th of May, 2008
Yes, totally agree! Buying from DBO is a VERY bad plan! I ordered a malandrino dress, they were very quick to take the money from my credit card, but after six weeks there was no sign of the order. In the end I got a refund to my credit card, but lost out to the exchange rate so was still out of pocket. Emails were unanswered, the general impression was that they didn't give a damn. The stuff looks great on the website, but I'll never know now! Don't do it!
Ni
  30th of Jul, 2008
OMG!!!I have just ordered not one but TWO(wasn, t sure of the sizing and was just going to send one back) stunning chloe dresses from the DBO aweek ago for my friends wedding.Tried to track down where they were with the tracking no they e-mailed me and the order doesn, t even exsist????I paid 196.14 which they quickly took from my account, I am so angry...been researching all day and reading everyones comments and feel so stupid to have put my trust into this site.I doubt very much I will ever see my dresses, just wish I would have reserched earlier.Something has to be done to stop them from doing this to more people!!!
Me
  6th of Aug, 2008
A warning to everyone wonting to buy from Designer Brand Outlet - DONT DO IT, I have been trying to contact them for 2 weeks now and i have had no one reply to my emails or phone messages. All i can say is i hope this company goes under because they are scaming all off us.
Let's hope we have the last laugh, because at the moment these guys are laughing all the way to the bank.
Save your money and your time.
So
  1st of Sep, 2008

DesignerBrandOutlet.com - No refund
Designer Brand Outlet
England, West Sussex
United Kingdom

I returned a dress to them (I shipped it to China) weeks ago and have heard nothing. I have just tried to go to their website which appears to no longer exist!!! Can you help? I have a horrible feeling I wont be getting my refund of £75.
Do
  2nd of Sep, 2008
i ordered a chloe dress for my friends wedding, dress arrived within 7 days which i was pleased by although the dress is damaged at the front !!! i am very disapointed by this as the wedding is only 10 days away .When i looked into returning the dress i can't access the website ... after reading some of the complaints here i am now frightened to attempt to send it back incase it goes awol, also when i tried to pay for the dress via paypal my payment would not be accepted which now tells me this website is a scam! i will never use this site again i should think myself lucky i received my dress just wish it was in better condition i really feel for those who have lost their money . x x
Ju
  3rd of Sep, 2008
I recieved a dress from China as well. A different size to the size ordered . I sent the dress back and have had no reply, about a refund or about sending a dress of the correct size. I have lost my money, they don't respnd to phone calls or e-mails.
Te
  13th of Apr, 2009
I was ripped off by this company also. I was able to get my money back by notifying my bank. They were able to extract the money through the numeric account number it was deposited into. The bank dealing with DBO then collects the money from them. This may be the only way they will be prosecuted.
Ja
  11th of Sep, 2009
DO NOT BUY FROM designerbrandoutlet.com! They are designed to take your money and give you nothing!!