Design Savers Plan / Rip off - no money refunded!

When I was in the market for Health Insurance coverage in September of 2005 I signed up with Design Savers Plan and paid over $385 for application and first months membership. I was assured that this was completely refundable if I was dissatisfied within the first 30 days. Well, I checked with my Doctor and Pharmacy and discovered that this plan was useless to me. I contacted Design Savers Plan immediately and cancelled, well within the 30 day window. They assured me that I would receive my refund promptly. In November I contacted the Customer Service department again since I had not received my refund. I was informed that the application fee was not refundable and I would only be receiving $178 back. OK, I wasn't happy but please send me whatever I have coming. December, called again and they assured me that the check would be mailed right out, sorry for the delay. Now it is almost February of 2007 and I still haven't gotten any of my money back. I would have to discourage anyone from buying into this plan and I honestly doubt that I will ever see any of my $385.

Carl,
Very Dissatisfied Consumer

Comments

Lo
  2nd of Apr, 2007

Same problems, same insurance company!!! They told me to go ahead with a necessary surgery, and now 9 months later, I'm stuck with the $3000 bill and out at least $700 that they billed me! I wish there was some kind of legal help out there for this kind of stuff!

Ru
  6th of Dec, 2007

We are in the process of filing suit with Design Savers Plan and the broker who sold us on it through the Colorado attorney general. It seems people have sucessfully received their money back by doing this. I would call them, because I believe there is legal help. Of course we don't have our money back yet, but they seem very interested, and are conatacting us a bunch to get all the relevant information. Basically, we wrote a check out for a year of coverage, ($800) which they cashed promptly, but they have no record of us ever being a customer, no account information at all for us. We gave the check to the broker who sold us on it and he refused to help us, so we are going after his liscense as well.

Sh
  10th of Nov, 2008

When I was in the market looking for afforadable health insurance, I googled just that "afforadable health insurance" and Design Savers Plan is the one that caught my eye. I seemed to good to be true and as I kept repeating it "to good to be true" that what the sales associate said. I was told about the monthly premium and the first 5 doctors visits being free. But, I was never told that the visits after the first 5 they only paid $50 and I was responsible for the rest. Somebody need to stop this company. I am going to try and make Designs Savers Plan responsible for my overwelming bills that I can not afford.

Ol
  8th of Apr, 2009
Design Savers Plan - Never ever
Design Savers Plan

When I signed up for this plan, it sounded too good to be true but I did not have insurance and needed something. I was assured that all of my Drs. were on the plan, they even gave me the locations of where my specific Drs. were located! I also spoke to a representative named Patricia at 800-580-8345 Ext. 340 that assured me if I was not completely satisfied with this product, she would personally make sure I received a refund. My plan became affective on 11-15-05, and on 12-14-05 I called to cancel the program since NONE of my Drs. participated in this program. They also took the money out of my account a day early since I was not happy with this plan and they wanted to make sure they received their money. I have called and called and can not get a straight answer IF you can ever speak to a real person! I even spoke to the Supervisor named Michael that was suppose to invistigate this for me and I have NEVER heard back from him either. I finally got ahold of a real person and they were to send me my 2 months worth of pemiums back to me within 10 days from 12-14-05 which would have been on Christmas Eve. I finally received a credit to my account for only 1 month back on 1-8-05 and now when I call, I cannot reach anyone or leave a message since the message line is full! I would NEVER make a mistake like this one again!!!

Ou
  15th of Jul, 2009

I also opened up a policy with Design Savers Plan in Oct of 06. However, I cancelled it about a month later. I received my cancelation # and thought everything was all set. Well, when I rec'd my credit card statement, they applied their monthly fee. I called Design Savers Plan back and stated they stole $$ from me. i was assured that it was a mistake and that they did not take $$ from me. I faxed them a copy of my credit card statement showing they $$ they stole. Few days later I called back and inquired as to where my refund was. I was told it's in the mail. Now get this, I rec'd my CC statement and they stole another months premium from me. So now they stole $469.00.. To date 7/15/09 - I still have not rec'd my refund. I have a folder a mile thick with copies of communications between me and them. I am at the point where I'm going to let my States Attorney General handle this matter..

Ge
  17th of Oct, 2009

Your Credit card company shoud be able to help you settle this dispute. My company will open a dispute, find facts, and give a conditional credit on my account. After gathering the facts, my credit card company has always found in my favor, probably because any dispute I have had has been legit, then the money credited back stands. You see, Designer Savings Plan uses the credit card companies to do business, but our credit card company is basically employed by us. If your credit card company does not have a department that will help you deal with these disputes, then it is probably time to also change credit card companies.