Derrick E. McGavic PC / Verbal agreement Differs from Written agreement

PO Box 10228Eugene, OR, United States Review updated:
4.15
Phone: 541-485-4555
I acknowledge this debt and would like to repay it in full. I spoke with the person handling my file with this debt collection company. Mr. Vince C. Garcia [protected] Ext. 308, is that gentleman. He stated that the amount per month to satisfy his client was $350.00 per month. I and my employer were on the phone with Mr. Garcia at the time this staement was made by him, and he was aware that we were both speaking with him. I phoned back a few days later and made arrangements to pay an initial payment of $350.00 on this debt, Mr Garcia explained once the payment was recieved he would send out the formal documents to contract repayment at $350.00 per month. That payment was cashed three weeks later. I had recieved no other communication in this time period, approximately 1.5 months. On October 21, 2008 I called Mr. Garcia to find out what was the status and that I had not received any paperwork yet. He stated that $400.00 was now the amount that would satisfy the repayment agreement. I explained to him that he had already given me the settlement cost for repayment at $350.00 a month and that I agrred and in good faith sent payment for that amount. I explained that the source of the $350.00 amount was from him. I have just recieved paperwork with highly invasive privacy questions that must be filled out and returned with a $400.00 a month payment agreement, signed by Mr. Derrick McGavic.
Aa

More Derrick E. McGavic PC Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Sk
  4th of Dec, 2008
INTERESTING! This office contacted me about a debt I owed on a Bank of America credit card. I was happy to discuss payment arrangements with them as I would like to repay my debt as promised. I offered 75 a month, explaining that I am a single mother that only makes 12 an hour- a minimal income. 75 is the most I can afford I and I was clear on that and had every intention of paying regulary. The office called back and said that their "client, " the Bank of A, would accept no less than 160 per month and then I received a packet of papers from the office that I was supposed to sign, agreeing to this 160 payment arrangement, and have notorized. I balked at signing this agreement and have not answered their calls since. They have called my work.
The thing is, if they would have accepted the 75 that I offered and can afford, they would already have two payments from me. Instead they are trying to bully me into agreeing to a payment that I simply cannot handle.! I am glad I didn't sign anything!
THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE STOPPED! ANY IDEAS?????
Co
  29th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I filed an answer to their summons including a letter stating No contact by phone and the day they received the answer and letter they called my message number, leaving no message, what part of No contact do they not get? Guess they don't realize right there they have broke the law.
I think I will report them to the attorney generals office, according to the court house where I filed my answer they can not get any judgment now with out a judges decision, by then I hope I will have been able to file bankruptcy.

FYI
if you are on food stamps or public assistance you can file a answer free, go to the court house with documentation of assistance file a waiver for court cost and arbitration fees, use a arbitrator don't ever set up payment deals directly thru them protect yourselves, if you have any questions once you get a summons call the court house they will help you they care.