Dermitage / False advertising

PO box 1603Suisun City, CA, United States Review updated:
4.9
Phone: 800-8868805

I bought some skin care cream for my mother from this company. They advertise FREE trial @ $6.95. I ordered it on my visa card and had it sent to Mom's house. Later I find that Dermitage has taken $69.95 from my credit card account for this FREE trial. Then they take $73.92 from my account 30 days later and $73.92 from my account again 30 days after that. There is nothing FREE about their FREE trial. They have taken money from my Credit Card account on 3 occasions without authorization. How can I get my money back from these thieves?

Comments

Da
  3rd of Nov, 2007

Dermitage - Scam and cheating!

I order a free sample of this product. They keep sending me products each month and the sales slip to cancel. They keep charging my credit card. Can some one help me find a number to stop this? Advise smb!
De
  11th of Nov, 2007
Dermitage doesn't mention the $9.95 restocking fee or $19.65 restocking fee if unopened packaging. However, if you go to the site, you will find at the very bottom of their web page in super small print a button for terms and conditions. Normally, this is not the standard way to inform a customer. They aren't acting in good faith. Plus, how is it free if you have to pay to return it. It's the same kind of return policy that some stores have when the policy is on the wall with print so small that you can't read it. Of course, none if it matters because the product does not do what it is supposed to. I saw zero results.
  14th of Dec, 2007
I would suggest that you also take a look at the other posting on here, it has alot of info about triclear's parent company Syndero, and thier contact info along with thier other products Onlingo, Dermitage, Internet Career Kit, and whatever else they are hiding behind.

I had a similar situation with this company and after threatening them with my local Attorney Generals office here in Florida, the BBB, and filing a chargeback with my bank they finally agreed to refund my money.

I would suggest that you dont stop with the CSR's, demand a supervisor or manager and if they still wont help you demand to go higher. All the names are on the Syndero web site of thier Board of Directors along with the founders of the company Brad Klaus and the VP of Customer Service listed as Corri Tanner.

In my dealings I was able to get a direct number to her which is (707) 864-6194 and (707) 292-4434. I also found thier email addresses listed as ctanner@syndero.com and bklaus@syndero.com.

Once I contacted Ms. Tanner she seemed willing to do anything to stop me from contacting the Board of Directors about the service (or lack there of) which I recevied from her department. She agreed to refund my account in full for 3 months worth of products and cancelled any further attempts to my card.

I hope that this helps you! They cannot continue to get away with scamming peoples money!!!
Ja
  25th of Dec, 2007
This concerns my Bank of Commerce Visa Debit Card so my bank cannot do chargebacks or stop payments.

I noticed the following on my November bank statement:

11/06 SYN*INTERNET CAREERKIT -$1.97 888-, CA 11/06 4:55:08 7225

I didn't know what this was for but since it was such a small amount, I felt it wasn't worth it to take the time to try to figure it out - lesson learned, TAKE THE TIME.

Now on my December statement, I see this (note this is NOT the same company name as above):

12/10/2007 ICAREER KIT EMAIL -$69.95 888-, CA 12/06 4:03:39 7225

I have no idea what this thing is or how I got signed up for it, I have no login information for their site and have received no "product" or help or service or whatever else, I don't even recognize this address, so I definitely have been charged for something I have not received or used, and without my authorization.

My bank gave me the number the company provided them from that charge, and surprise, it was no longer in service. As a shot in the dark, I went to the website internetcareerkit.com (which is also apparently icareerkit.com), which I have never been to.

I e-mailed their support department and to their credit, within a day, got the following response:

Dear Jason,

Per your request, we have cancelled your Internet Career Kit account and you will not be billed further. It is our understanding that the order placed using your credit card was not placed by you, or that you do not remember placing the order.

Before we proceed with our fraudulent activity reporting, can you please verify your billing address and last 4 digits of your credit card so we can research this situation?

Also, please provide us with your primary telephone number and the best time to call you at this number.

If you have any additional questions, please contact us by replying to this email or contacting our Customer Support Center.

Regards,

Internet Career Kit Support
1-888-315-6933
Monday-Friday 6:00am-5:30pm Pacific Time

Now, according to other people's experiences with this company, found here:

this company charges you $1.97 for an "ebay kit" of some kind that they SNAIL MAIL to you (so the $1.97 is shipping and handling) - I didn't sign up for, nor did I receive any kit of any sort and received no indication that an account had been created or was in a trial period or that I needed to cancel this account which I didn't know I had, or anything else.

I didn't call them on the telephone to "sign up" for their kit, so they can resolve my issue without calling me on the telephone. I already don't like the way I received no lead-in emails indicating I was signed up for something and had no way to cancel this account I didn't know I had, so I'd much rather resolve this issue with e-mail so I have hard (digital) documented proof and printouts of cancellation numbers, so there is no "confusion" from now on.
Cl
  1st of Jan, 2008
I have been unable to talk to anyone on their Consumer Care contact number (at
1-800-886-8805) to cancel my subscription
within the 14-day trial period (on the 4th of
January). SUSPICIOUS?! Dam right!
  2nd of Jan, 2008
Hi,

I understand the frustration that is caused when you are unable to contact us!

We have Customer Support Specialists available Monday-Friday 6am-5:30pm Pacific Standard Time and Saturday 7am-3:30 Pacific Standard Time. 1-800-866-8805

We look forward to hearing from you soon to resolve any concerns you may have.

Sincerely,
Dermitage Customer Support
Ma
  3rd of Jan, 2008
Dermitage is a scam! I just called and they said if I dispute the charges, the credit card company won't credit my account. So much for a "free" trial!!! Obviously, one of the other posters is right - nothing is free!
Be
  10th of Jan, 2008
Hello,

Please email me at beverlyblogger@gmail.com with any and all concerns. I am responsible for the Customer Experience at Dermitage and can assist you to find resolution for your issues.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Beverly K.
Ch
  25th of Jan, 2008

Dermitage - They wont stop sending it & charging me
bx 1603 california 945851
Phone: 1-800-866-8805
www.dermitage.com

I've called to cancel and e-mailed. They still send it and charge me. I have asked them to stop sending it,but they haven't.

Very unhappy, Chris
Ba
  29th of Jan, 2008
Have you tried calling their customer service? Their number is on www.dermitage.com. They were easy to deal with.
Be
  4th of Feb, 2008
Hello Chris,

My name is Beverly and I am responsible for the Customer Care experience at Dermitage. Please give me a call and I will gladly assist you.

800-886-8805

Regards,

Beverly K.
Br
  9th of Feb, 2008
I somehow got sent a package the first time and I had opened it and never used it, and then I got a bank statement saying they had charge me the 73 dollars and whatever odd cents. I never consented to the sending of this product nor to withdraw money from my account. The other week I received another package but I didn't open it and wrote return to sender on it. The postman took it and I received yet another bank statement saying that I was charged for the product and I want my money back because I didn't order it and I didn't open it and I'm starting to get really ###ing pissed off because both times this company withdrew money, they overdrafted my checking account.
Sh
  10th of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I have the same problem right now - I called Dermitage and they said they will cancel my monthly shipments (they sent me a confirmation via e-mail). I frowarderd the e-mail to my credit card company and disputed the charges. They are a set of lying ###, they falsley advertised a free sample on their website it doesn't say anything about billing your credit card after 14 days - only if you click on the terms and conditions on the bottom left hand side of the screen (and how many of us actually read the terms and conditions on anything). This is bollocks! Total false advertising. They shouldn't be allowed to continue business.
Gr
  14th of Apr, 2008
Charged me 69.95 without authorization! Beware all!
Ge
  15th of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I have just now returned the "free trial" and have been charged $69.95. I was signing up for a free computer and got into pages after pages of advertising, had to purchase something, and decided I would spend the $5.95 to have a free 30-day trial. I did not like the product and felt it did nothing, so returned it yesterday, well within a 30 day free trial period.

My bank will now attempt to dispute charges. I am furious. This is such a scam, and I will NEVER OPEN UP ANYTHING claiming I have "won" anything again.
Pt
  31st of May, 2008
I ordered/received "trial" shipment. Within a few days, I called to stop sending as it made my skin itch. Customer Service rep was very nice/polite. I told her I didn't want to pay for return shipping. She offered it @ one-time fee of $26.95. I OKd it and figured that would be the end of it. NOT SO! I've now received my credit card statement w/ ANOTHER CHARGE of $29.95 + $2.55. This was NOT AUTHORIZED and I am NOT HAPPY to say the least! What gives?!!!
Ka
  19th of Jun, 2008
I never ordered this dermitage. I DO NOT WANT IT. Please do not send any more.
Va
  29th of Jun, 2008

Dermitage - Scam billing
PO Box 1603
www.dermitage.com

After applying for the company's free trial and contacting them that I was not interested in it, they went on to bill my debit account, without my permission $96.00. Beware all!
  17th of Jul, 2008

Dermitage - won't stop sending products that were not asked for and they keep charging them every month
P.O. BOX 1603
Phone: 800 886 8805
dermitage.com

I want them to stop sending products I don't want and to stop charging me for them every month. I hae tried repeatedly to have them stop the deliveries
  17th of Jul, 2008

Dermitage - unauthorized use of credit carde
PO BOX 1603
Phone: 800 886 8805
dermitage.com

This company has been charging my credit card without my consent. They try to fabricate an explaination of an authomatic charge in the system. I have contacted them once again and was able to speak to a voice that identified herself as an assistant of costumers. She has assured me today, July 17 2008, that ALL charges will stop immediately. They should credit my credit card for the unauthorized charges, I doubt this will happen. This is a company with no clarity. I was tricked.