Dermitage / SCAM

1 420 2ND AVE NWAitkin, MN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 218-927-6303

I ANSWERED A SURVEY THAT STATED I WOULD RECIEVE A FREE PRODUCT FOR ANSWERING THE SURVEY. ALL I NEEDED TO DO WAS PAY SHIPPING CHARGES OF $3.95 WITH MY CREDIT CARD, WHICH I DID. WHEN THE PACKAGE CAME AN ENCLOSED LETTER STATED IT WAS A FREE TRIAL AND I WOULD BE CHARGED $89.95 ON MY CARD AFTER THE 2 WEEK TRIAL. I DID CALL AND TOLD THEM I WOULD BE SENDING PRODUCT BACK. IT COST ME $3.95 PLUS THE RETURN SHIPPING CHARGE OF ALMOST 6 DOLLARS. THE LETTER ALSO STATED THEY WOULD NOT ACCEPT ANY PACKAGE THAT SAYS RETURN TO SENDER. I CERTAINLY DO NOT WANT TO RECIEVE ANOTHER PACKAGE AND DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO PAY $89.95. I AM REALLY UPSET ABOUT ALL OF THIS. JUDY P

Comments

• Je
      10th of Dec, 2008

I also am a victim of Dermitage. I fell for the Internet offer of 30 day trial completely free, just pay shipping and handling of $7.95. No obligation necessary. 30 days later they took $100 out of my checking account. When we called to see why they did this, they stated, 'That was for what we sent you, since you didn't send it back that means you want us to take out $100 every six months for your product.'

First of all, this was a trial size. There is absolutely no way what they sent would last 6 months. You have to use both the products they sent twice a day, which lasted almost 1 month. What happened to the other 5 months?

Stressing over this $100 has caused more wrinkles than any product they could ever send me.

• Jw
      11th of Jan, 2009

Dermitage should be put out of business. It is a scam. Their "free sample" starts one into their "contract" to continue shipping their product and charging on your plastic card monthly an amount of $89.95 plus shipping costs. And I guess this if for life. This is stated in their confirmation of the free sample that you have to pay $3.97 plus proccessg charge of $1.00. This confirmation is emailed after the "free sample" has been shipped. Thank goodness I read the darn thing through. Immediately on reciept of this email I notified them to cancel my request. I was told it had been shipped and I had to return the sample with their authorization number. Immediatley on reciept I returned the "free Sample" at my cost of $5.19 for special postage. They had also included in their email a return/refund policy. None.
    I belatedly checked this Consumer Search review and find many horror stories of this company. I am out less than $10. while others are receiving and being charged this $89.95 plus shipping monthly. Why is Dermitage still in business?
    The humerous side are the addiational wrinkles accumulated from this incident.

3rd of Nov, 2009

Dermitage is a horrible company! They use false and misleading advertising to steal money from consumers.

They are unethical liars. Do not fall for their promotion, once they have your credit card number they will charge it without your consent.

This is plain robbery. The contact information is useless. It is impossible to contact them if you have any questions or complaints. They are fake, cons, scam artists.

Dermitage scam, dermitage scam, dermitage scam, dermitage scam, dermitage scam, dermitage scam, dermitage scam, dermitage scam, dermitage scam, dermitage scam, dermitage scam, dermitage scam, dermitage scam, dermitage scam, dermitage scam, dermitage scam, dermitage scam, dermitage scam.

• Lr
      19th of Nov, 2009

I wish I had seen this list of complaints about Dermitage. I never would have ordered the "FREE" trial. The product arrived with an invoice for $89.95! I called and cancelled and they gave me the cancellaton RMA#408695. I was assured I would not be charged if I sent the product back. I returned it. My credit card company called and alerted ME to a possibly fraudulent charge. I called Dermitage again, and was again told I had not, and would not, be charged. Today my credit card bill arrived with, you guessed it, a charge of $90.43. I have disputed the charge with the credit card fraud department and will not pay it. This company is fraudulent and should be avoided by all.

• Al
      16th of Mar, 2010

The offer said a 14 day free trial

of Dermitage for $3.97. When I received the product, I learned that I would be charged $89.95 and would be sent another supply every 30 days as I was now a member Dermitage Elite. Needless to say I am returning the product and hopefully it will be "no commitment, no hassles" as they say in their ad. They need to review their method of getting new customers. I am embarrassed that I fell for his scam and hope that I have learned my lesson. I plan to make future purchases through my dermatologist.

• Jm
      11th of Aug, 2010

Eye products DON'T run out in 1 month! Who purchases it monthly? I'm an esthetician of 17 years and my clients DO NOT need to purchase ANY of their skin care products EVERY MONTH! So Dermitage charged me for a SECOND

duo of the eye product and I'm not even half way through the first. THIS IS JUST WRONG. They would not reverse the charges. I will never deal with Dermitage again or recommend them to anyone else...EVER! THIS IS ONE SURE WAY TO PERMANENTLY LOOSE A GOOD CUSTOMER & REFERRAL. IT IS A REAL SCAM I TELL YOU!

• Pk
      3rd of Sep, 2010

This is the first time I am posting a complaint. While surfing the web, I recently 'fell' for a pop-up add for a trial offer for 'anti-wrinkle' cream from Dermitage.' Not only does this product not work but now I see a $99.95 bill on my credit card statement NOT the $5.95 charge as stated. I read the 'small print' but failed to see anything about a monthly charge. I need to know how to cancel this...please help! I never fall for these scams and cannot afford to pay. Thank you for any direction you can give me.

• Di
      27th of Oct, 2010

I was offered a free trial of this product for $6, I received the product & saw the fine print to return within 14 days or be charged the reduced rate of $89.95. What a joke!!! I returned it & was still billed 2 months in a row. When I called to complain the rep was one of the most ignorant people I've ever had to talk to. My mom made the mistake of doing the same thing without reading the "Fine print". She was billed & very unhappy with the product. This product has done NOTHING it promises to do, it's all a scam to get your money!!! I don't how this company is still operating, it's ridiculous!!!

• Ed
      30th of Oct, 2010

I ordered the free trial recieving it Oct 10. After reading the form sent with free trial, I decided to return their product immediately. There was no return address on the form only a telephone number for customer care (1-800-886-8805 ). called this number 6 times to get a return ship address and got no answer. I went on the internet and found their mailing addressDermitage Customer Care5300 Ontario Mills Pkwy Unit 400
    Ontario, CA 91764 and mail their product on Oct 12th.

Checking my Bank account today Oct 30th I found a charge to my account of $88.95. Calling the customer care number is a waste of time, they will not answer. I will be going to my bank Monday, hoping they can help. I am taking a copy of all these complants with me to validate this scam.

HOPING FOR A CLASS ACTION SUIT

• Lo
      21st of Apr, 2011

I never got a letter or e-mail. My charge card called me about the scam. I waited, 35 days after they charged my account twice I get a package. I sent it back with a tracking code and got my money back. This company is famous for not recieving the produck back, then its your responsible, use a tracking number it cost more but its worth it. I WOULDN'T BUY A THING FROM THIS COMPANY...

• Ka
      4th of May, 2011

I hear you, Judy. I got caught in the same scam. I am very upset with that company. The worst is that I have extra products that forced onto me and it is siting in my bathroom cabinet. I rather burn it than using the dirty scam products!!!